28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
megamind_moon said:
Hi a medical labtechnologist/technician graduated from lebanon..all my experience are just voluntary yet i consider myself somehow qualified..
Regardless of thr csmls registration...
I spend hrs everyday looking for clinics and laboratories plus hospitals online that have posted vacancies, beside monster.ca, jobbank, workopolis and other sourcez..
Now.. Am still tetjng to find a job..it has been 4 years nw!! Can anyone help me out! Am looking for a job in calgary mainly cz i have a place to live in
Unfortunately it's probably unrealistic to expect to secure a job in Canada until you have paid work experience. I would focus on getting at least a year of paid work experience in your home country before applying for a job to Canada.

abc_27

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An advice please. I can collect some reference letters from my previous colleagues, people with whom I attended some courses and internships over the years. Do you think this kind of recommendations would be helpful when arriving in Canada? Will these be helpfull in securing a job, cosidering I have no Canadian experince? Will they be a plus for me or I should not bother ....

hamed_zizou

Mar 8, 2017
Hi guy,

I try to find the job offer online to apply the work visa but I did not hear so much. I am graduated master of mechanical engineer and have more than 2 years job experience as a R&D engineer in automotive industry. I wondering if I apply vistor visa and come to canada then looking for job. I am really happy to hear from you guys. would you recommended that?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
hamed_zizou said:
Hi guy,

I try to find the job offer online to apply the work visa but I did not hear so much. I am graduated master of mechanical engineer and have more than 2 years job experience as a R&D engineer in automotive industry. I wondering if I apply vistor visa and come to canada then looking for job. I am really happy to hear from you guys. would you recommended that?
I wouldn't recommend that approach, employers are unlikely to go through the hassle of sponsoring you while there are many people here already with permanent residency status, unless you have exceptional skills that cannot be easily found locally. My advise would be to assess your chances to immigrate as a skilled worker via the Express Entry program - once you obtain your permanent residency you would have a bigger chance in gaining interest from potential employers.

dhinu

Aug 25, 2012
aquablue8086 said:
I am an IT Recruiter in Toronto.

I can help you with Jobs in IT in the Toronto/GTA Area

We have multiple positions currently to fill. Canada working authorization required

Java Developers (Insurance Domain)
DevOps Engineers
Business Analysts (Life Insurance Domain)

These are few of our requirements we need to fill immediately. If Interested please PM me and I can give you more details on the job roles.
Sent you a PM. Please check.

Regards
Dhinu

python143

Jun 20, 2015
Hello All,

Advanced apology, If I am hijacking any conversation here. Please guide me or redirect me to the right forum.
I am on open work permit and currently working with one of the US-based multi-national companies in IT sector in Toronto since 2015. I have received an ITA for PR and in process of submitting my docs. Meanwhile, I am also in discussion with an Employer (planning to switch my current job), who is in US but the client is in Toronto. I have learned that they have branch in Montreal but all my discussions are happening with employeees from New York USA. Meaning, If I get the offer, I will be full-time to this employer in USA and salary will be paid (in CAD) by them despite physically, I will work with client company here in downtown, Toronto. And, 6 months later, i can be full-time with the client in Toronto, downtown.

Do you think, with open work permit, I can work for company in USA under them for 6 months? Am i risking my PR process in any way? in terms of any rules/regulations violations? or tax penalty etc?

Assuming, I might get an offer letter from Montreal, am I still eligible to work in Canada with open work permit as I am in Ontario?

Just for my curiosity, same situation for a PR holder/Canadian Citizen - can they work for US company and serving their client in Canada? How do they handle their tax? just normal like an independent vendor?

Please advise.

August2015

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mnancy1706 said:
Hi ,

I am a Java Developer with 6.5 years of experience. Have worked in Insurance,Health care and Automobile domains.

Please help me with a job if you have openings.

Thanks,
Nancy
we have openings for Java developers, please forward your resume to harry.cloudtechnet@outlook.com with you status in Canada

Chichu456

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancour
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2019
AOR Received.
02-12-1991
Med's Request
07-07-2020
Med's Done....
23-07-2020
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2021
LANDED..........
18-09-2016
Hi am looking for a job from 7 months. I am experienced in Finance about 3 years. I haven't got any jobs yet. Every one is asking for either Canadian Experience or PR or Work Permit. I am an International Student.

Please Advise.

:( :( :( :( :(

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Chichu456 said:
Hi am looking for a job from 7 months. I am experienced in Finance about 3 years. I haven't got any jobs yet. Every one is asking for either Canadian Experience or PR or Work Permit. I am an International Student.

Please Advise.

:( :( :( :( :(
Maybe you are too picky? You can get a job, not difficult at all, maybe just not what you think you can or want to do.
The laws says this below:

Study permit holders in Canada may gain work experience by working off campus while completing their studies.

As of June 1, 2014, you may qualify to work off campus without a work permit. If you qualify, your study permit will allow you to:

work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and
work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break.
To qualify, you must:

have a valid study permit,
be a full-time student,
be enrolled at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at the secondary level, and
be studying in an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate that is at least six months in duration.

chandankumar

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All,
it'd be greatly appreciated if anyone could help reply this,
I have applied for SOWP which will be valid for 1 year , How difficult to get a job offer there on 1 year open work permit? will the Canadian company entertain me ? or just bcoz i am having 1 year Work permit they will not offer me a job?

My Exp - 6.5 years of exp in Software Testing and also visited Canada for 3 months business visa provided by My company to support Our Toronto based client.

Thanks in advance for answering this.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Hello members,
Advanced apology if I'm posting it in wrong thread.

I have applied for PR and received my AOR.

I'm an MBBS plus M.D. (Pharmacology) from India and have around 5 years of working experience as a pharmacologist here in India.
My job duties fall into NOC code 2121 (Biologist & related scientists) as a 'clinical research scientist' to be precise.

I want to know if anyone belongs to the same background as mine, or has any knowledge regarding job prospects in my field.

Please advise. Highly appreciate any word of advice.

Thanking you in advance.

dparashar

Jul 23, 2013
Received an ITA this month. Now started looking for IT entry level jobs. Overall 6 yrs of experience in India in Java and related technologies.

Any help would be appreciated.

Leo.Ady

Feb 21, 2017
aquablue8086 said:
I am an IT Recruiter in Toronto.

I can help you with Jobs in IT in the Toronto/GTA Area

We have multiple positions currently to fill. Canada working authorization required

Java Developers (Insurance Domain)
DevOps Engineers
Business Analysts (Life Insurance Domain)

These are few of our requirements we need to fill immediately. If Interested please PM me and I can give you more details on the job roles.

Sent you PM please check. Thanks for providinga helping hand :)