+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Find available Jobs in Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am marketing professional Mumbai, India with 10 years of experience in marketing and branding. Have been in fashion retail industry for the last 7 years. Me and my wife have just received our PR and are eager to arrive in Canada. I have a couple of questions which i hope to get answers from this forum:

1.Are there any marketing networking groups which i can join to help get a job in Canada? I don't have any issues to join as a marketing co-ordinator or any junior position in my field of interest before getting the big break i aspire to achieve.

2. Most people advise not to arrive in December/January as its very cold and gloomy. We as such don't have much issues with this kind of weather but to understand if it would be an hindrance to move about and seek jobs or carry out daily chores.

P.S: We intend to stay in Ontario or BC.
December/January aren't great because of Christmas, New Year's and school break. You won't find many businesses (not retail obviously) do much hiring during that period. Things get back to normal around mid to late January. There also aren't many leases for houses/apartments that start in January because of the holiday season. I'm sure there are networking groups just google. I would also use Linkedin.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, thank you for sharing your thought.
Can you please tell me. My education qualification is in management but my experience of 5years in IT (Software testing -manual, NOC 2283). Can i get job in Canada in Software testing based on my experience or recruiters may ask for similar kind of degree like Bachelor in computer science.
How easily we can get the job in IT?
Some recruiters may be reluctant to take you on as a client if you don't have an IT degree but companies usually look at recent experience and test your knowledge. A CS degree from 15 year ago would be obsolete if you hadn't used a computer since then.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys need an advise...After landing in Canada is it an good idea to do an MBA from good local college. Idea is to avoid wasting time on finding jobs and instead to use network of MBA students/faculties to get decent jobs post completion of MBA degree. please give feedback.
Depending where you are relocating it may be hard to get into the local university MBA program. It is also quite an expensive and difficult way to network. In some of the larger cities some school do offer MBA programs at satellite campuses. It really depends on your previous education and employment history. There is definitely more sought after MBA programs in Canada where connections and recruitment would provide an advantage. I wouldn't say that about every program though.

Reactions: Chemi

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
Hi Folks,

I'm working for an employer facing organisation based in Vancouver, BC. We work to highlight to employers, the benefit of hiring skilled immigrants such as yourselves.

We've recently launched a website that aims to help employers connect with Canadian newcomers in the hope of securing them employment. The website is called www.bcjobconnect.ca and is free of use to all newcomers in Canada who are based in BC or intending to base themselves in BC and;

• Who arrived in Canada in the last five years, or
• Have a Permanent Residence (PR) number
• Are currently looking for employment

I should probably give some stats here for some context.

We have over 180 employers registered who are seeking to hire immigrants. Employers register an account with us and then go through the database of registered and approved candidates seeking those whose skills suit their needs. Since we launched the website back in February, we've received 215 requests from employers seeking to hire and this number is increasing ever day.

The requests are coming from a range of industries as well, not just survival jobs. We've had people hired in project management roles with large multi-national corporations, administration roles with professional services organisations all the way to labourers for mom and pop construction firms.

As I said up above, happy to answer any questions anyone might have

Reactions: roggers

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
I would love to connect to people who are in marketing, advertising and PR fields in Canada. Are there any networking sites, groups?

Optimall

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Hello, I am looking for Administrative Assistant or Bank Customer Service Job. Spouse is an Electrician/Electronics Technician. In case you need someone or knows someone who does. We are based in Saskatoon. Thanks

manavmudgal

Sep 9, 2017
Hi Folks,

I'm working for an employer facing organisation based in Vancouver, BC. We work to highlight to employers, the benefit of hiring skilled immigrants such as yourselves.

We've recently launched a website that aims to help employers connect with Canadian newcomers in the hope of securing them employment. The website is called www.bcjobconnect.ca and is free of use to all newcomers in Canada who are based in BC or intending to base themselves in BC and;

We have over 180 employers registered who are seeking to hire immigrants. Employers register an account with us and then go through the database of registered and approved candidates seeking those whose skills suit their needs. Since we launched the website back in February, we've received 215 requests from employers seeking to hire and this number is increasing ever day.

The requests are coming from a range of industries as well, not just survival jobs. We've had people hired in project management roles with large multi-national corporations, administration roles with professional services organisations all the way to labourers for mom and pop construction firms.

Hi

Great to see your firm taking such an initiative. Have a quick question, I am currently in India and have recently received PR and looking for a job anywhere in Canada in banking field. Can I register as it seems this website is for people who are in BC or intending to base themselves in BC?

Abir30

Sep 19, 2017
Hello I am looking for job in canada, I am having 7.6 years of experience in sales and tried lots of consultancis for jobs.Some of them are offering jobs through lmia visa, I want to know is these kind of process is there they are charging arounx 12k in Indian Currency.Please give me some suggestion for finding job in canada because I am married man I want a job before moving.I am also holding master degree in marketing.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
Hi

Great to see your firm taking such an initiative. Have a quick question, I am currently in India and have recently received PR and looking for a job anywhere in Canada in banking field. Can I register as it seems this website is for people who are in BC or intending to base themselves in BC?
Hi,

Thanks for the question. You are free to register however, the service is currently only available to BC employers so if you don't think you will land in BC or live in BC, the service may not be able to help you.

Please let me know if I can be of any more help :)

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hello I am looking for job in canada, I am having 7.6 years of experience in sales and tried lots of consultancis for jobs.Some of them are offering jobs through lmia visa, I want to know is these kind of process is there they are charging arounx 12k in Indian Currency.Please give me some suggestion for finding job in canada because I am married man I want a job before moving.I am also holding master degree in marketing.

-First of all dont believe on anything what the consultancy is telling you.
-You will not get a job before even landing in canada.

you have all the informations in CIC website and forums like this.
Determine your eligibility for PR on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
so that you will get an idea of this as well

Find a way how you can land either as a permanent resident or student visa then only you can do something about the Job.

Thanks,

Reactions: Mehedi57 and Sylaj

Dr cox

Sep 23, 2017
Category........
FAM
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
Sir situation mightnotbe the ideal one for MBBS doctors here, youmust be aware of the licensing method here, near to impossible to get in clinicals,
Secondly somepharmaceuticals do roll out job offers that youmight beinterested in, however they too require job experience in canada or education from canada in respectivefield
I am also MBBS planning to land in few months time
All the best
Hello members,
Advanced apology if I'm posting it in wrong thread.

I have applied for PR and received my AOR.

I'm an MBBS plus M.D. (Pharmacology) from India and have around 5 years of working experience as a pharmacologist here in India.
My job duties fall into NOC code 2121 (Biologist & related scientists) as a 'clinical research scientist' to be precise.

I want to know if anyone belongs to the same background as mine, or has any knowledge regarding job prospects in my field.

Please advise. Highly appreciate any word of advice.

Thanking you in advance.

ezabul

Oct 1, 2017
Hello eveyone,

I and my husband got our permanent visa and permit to work. Now we are planning to move to Vancouver in August 09 but we are kind of hesitating if it is the correct time or not. By the August what do you think guys about the ecomomy and labor market. Do you recommend; we put back our arrival date a little bit later?

Now in my country I am working as a Human Resources Analyst, My Husband as a tax audit, do you think we can get a white collar job easily?

Leon I read a lot about your recomends, especially I am waiting for your advises. Until We find white collar jobs we are ready to work at a blue collar job. But does it take too long?

Thank you in advance.

Have a nice day.
I want to spply can you help me I can not find real way

victorclarke

Nov 12, 2017
Hi Folks,

Hi,
Thanks for the info. However is it only for BC? What of Ottawa? I'm actually a Project Manager and plan to stay in Ottawa.