01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dhigña said:
Hi there,

I am from Poland..
I would like to known if am needed to apply visa for job??

Best regards
Thank you

Dhigna
You can apply for a job without a visa. However in order to actually start working, you need a work permit. To obtain a work permit you need a full time job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer also needs to obtain an approved LMIA. The LMIA process is long and expensive and you should be aware that most employers aren't willing to go through the process.

abtse

Dec 11, 2015
Is there any Data Engineer or Android developer with good amount of work experience in this field out here? You will need to have the proper authority to work in Canada and you need to be here in Canada. Please send me your email if you or anyone you know is interested.

Teefw

Jan 4, 2016
L00k1n4Luv said:
Canadian born citizen and first time poster here. I have a Filipina girlfriend currently in the Philippines. I'm attempting to locate a job for her so she can legally work/live here in Halifax, N.S. I have a complicated situation, more so then most. I have already travelled to Southern China, worked and lived there for three years and married a local there. I brought her over and she's currently a permanent resident. I sponsored her and after nearly four years of marriage, she left me(in May 2015). Any way, like I said, I now have an online Filipina GF and would love to bring her here. But due to my previous marriage situation(Still not yet divorced and already sponsored), I'm looking for a way to get her here without sponsorship/marriage. So I'm looking for any businesses outsourcing for employees. Years ago, my friend was manager of a Burger King and she told me they brought over six Philipinos on work visas. I'm looking for something similar. She's willing to do any job. She owns her own small hair stylist salon and convenient store near her home. Her parents run the convenient store and she focuses on her salon where she does hair, nails and make-up. I doubt there are any salons looking to hire workers through work visas, but maybe fast food places or cleaning companies could be an option. I have been searching online for such companies looking to outsource for employees, but have come up with nothing. If anyone knows of any URLs I could check out, it would be greatly appreciated. Any help will be welcome. If I can't find her work, we'll simply have to wait for my official divorce and get her a fiancée visa. I would love to save the money on travelling to the Philippines though if I could get her here instead. Thanks for reading.

Let your Filipina GF study caregiving course and get a paid work experiences working on a exposure of children or being as a private Nanny for a year while applying later on for her visa. This way you can help her get an employer from your neighbor's family or within your city.

artnet

Dec 31, 2015
Hi all,

Wishing you a Happy New Year and good luck for all those who are waiting for PR, job responds,...

I am, in January, filling my Express Entry profile, hoping that i will get an invitation as my points exceed 450.

Meanwhile, I am doing a job market research. I wanted to ask your opinion about the probability that i find a job related to my experience

and education or something similar to that, besides the fact that it depends from one person to another, it needs some luck, there are

differences from case to case, blah,blah,blah...

I have a bachelor degree in Business Administration from an U.S University and a professional master in Economics.

4 years experience as a Sales Manager (mixed with project management) in an I.T Distribution company, selling the internationally known

brands like: HP, Dell, Cisco, Microsoft, APC,... The company i am actually working has the largest market share and is the biggest of its

type in the region. Country of experience : Albania, Europe

I have a good knowledge of I.T products, plus a fluent English and Italian.

What are the chances that i succeed in the Canadian market?

Thank you in advance, any coments are wellcome

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
artnet said:
Hi all,

Wishing you a Happy New Year and good luck for all those who are waiting for PR, job responds,...

I am, in January, filling my Express Entry profile, hoping that i will get an invitation as my points exceed 450.

Meanwhile, I am doing a job market research. I wanted to ask your opinion about the probability that i find a job related to my experience

and education or something similar to that, besides the fact that it depends from one person to another, it needs some luck, there are

differences from case to case, blah,blah,blah...

I have a bachelor degree in Business Administration from an U.S University and a professional master in Economics.

4 years experience as a Sales Manager (mixed with project management) in an I.T Distribution company, selling the internationally known

brands like: HP, Dell, Cisco, Microsoft, APC,... The company i am actually working has the largest market share and is the biggest of its

type in the region. Country of experience : Albania, Europe

I have a good knowledge of I.T products, plus a fluent English and Italian.

What are the chances that i succeed in the Canadian market?

Thank you in advance, any coments are wellcome
start applying online for jobs that suit your experience, if you get responses...i guess that would mean you stand a good chance.

anuaro

Dec 16, 2014
Hi All,

I have received my PR and will be landing in March. I have started looking for jobs on different Canadian job portals as we all know that they ask for Canadian Contact no which i do not have right now.
Could you please suggest if there is any way that i could still apply? :eek:
OR should i wait for next two months and start applying from canada itself.

Your suggestions are welcome!!!
Happy new Year to all.

Cheers.......

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anuaro said:
Hi All,

I have received my PR and will be landing in March. I have started looking for jobs on different Canadian job portals as we all know that they ask for Canadian Contact no which i do not have right now.

Happy new Year to all.

Cheers.......
Happy new year to you too.

Have you shortlisted a city? Get a canadian phone number from that city and find a friend there who will allow you to use the address in your resume. Try to set up call forwarding so that calls to that canadian number gets routed to your home, wherever you are. This has been done before by a forum member, but I don't know the brands and technical details of how. You can research this on your own.

Have you identified the kind of jobs that suit your skills. Make a few types of resumes in Canadian format, highlighting the skills suitable for those jobs, with the Canada phone and address. Make it look like you are applying from Canada, out and out.

Then make a cover letter and tailored resume for each job in portals like indeed.ca and try applying to see if you are getting any responses. Document the applications and calculate response rates.

Unless you have a Canadian phone and address, preferably in the same city where jobs are applied for, it is impossible to get a response for generic skills. Hope this helps.

Nandhini

Apr 26, 2015
Hi
My application is in Pool. My scores are not up to the mark, hence working on the PNP.
However, my current employer has a global presence- head office in USA, and he can allow me to work from Canada. (we do not have office set up in Canada but home based work from Canada ).

so, my current employer should select my profile and offer me job offer in Canada or to do a inter company transfer?

How to handle this?

Can someone help me on this?

Regards
Nandhini

Vix2587

Oct 26, 2013
anuaro said:
Hi All,

Happy new Year to all.

Cheers.......
Hi Anuaro,

I am also planning to land by 1st week of March. Have you finalised the city ?

My watsapp no is +91 8130694973. You can inbox me your number for future discussions.

Regards
Vivek

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Hello Friends,

Firstly, I would like to Thank you so much for creating such a positive vibration among to be immigrants like me.
I have got my COPR in July-2015 and I will arrive Toronto on 31-March-2016. (Flight tickets booked for me and family)
At present, I am in Riyadh, SaudiArabia working as an IT Project Manager for Riyad Bank.
I am a PMP Certified IT Project Manager with overall experience of 12 years in IT industry out of which 8 years in Project management for Banking sector.
Since January beginning I have been applying to all Banks in Canada (Scotia, TD, RBC, CIBC etc) through their career section left, right, center...But no luck yet. Pls let me know am I going in the right direction? Regarding Career Edge,as per your advise I believe I should not touch this for now till I land in Canada. What is your advise for me now, when I am still here in my home country I have exactly 2 months more to land. Thanks for your time to read this. Awaiting for your 2 cents! :)

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
muba said:
Hello Friends,

Firstly, I would like to Thank you so much for creating such a positive vibration among to be immigrants like me.
I have got my COPR in July-2015 and I will arrive Toronto on 31-March-2016. (Flight tickets booked for me and family)
At present, I am in Riyadh, SaudiArabia working as an IT Project Manager for Riyad Bank.
I am a PMP Certified IT Project Manager with overall experience of 12 years in IT industry out of which 8 years in Project management for Banking sector.
Since January beginning I have been applying to all Banks in Canada (Scotia, TD, RBC, CIBC etc) through their career section left, right, center...But no luck yet. Pls let me know am I going in the right direction? Regarding Career Edge,as per your advise I believe I should not touch this for now till I land in Canada. What is your advise for me now, when I am still here in my home country I have exactly 2 months more to land. Thanks for your time to read this. Awaiting for your 2 cents! :)
expand your job search horizon. Make a strong profile in LinkedIn and connect to local recruiters. Let them know when would you be landing. Try Indeed.ca, Monsterjobs.ca and Kijiji.com also. Happy Job Searching.

ash2016

Feb 1, 2016
hello every body,myself mechanical engineer(diploma 3years after 10 + 2)having experience in mechanical maintenance in chemical, petro chemical & hydro-carbon industry for 20 years at present working on offshore drilling rig in INDIA,i am thinking of migrating to canada,can any body suggest me the link for getting a job offer?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ash2016 said:
hello every body,myself mechanical engineer(diploma 3years after 10 + 2)having experience in mechanical maintenance in chemical, petro chemical & hydro-carbon industry for 20 years at present working on offshore drilling rig in INDIA,i am thinking of migrating to canada,can any body suggest me the link for getting a job offer?

Google is your friend, you need to spend sometime to research and identify companies which maybe looking for your skills.

Sundera

Feb 5, 2016
unable to get a JOB offer. Help me.

I had entered express entry. but unable to get atleast one JOB offer (even after applying for many jobs(20) through a consultancy ,since 3 months). I am having 7 yrs exp as Lab Analyst in Petroleum refinery Q.C laboratory.Please help ,how to get a JOB OFFER ?
Any good job consultancies in Canada ?

psvapparao333@gmail.com
india +918121656080 -add to wats app Anjali

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: unable to get a JOB offer. Help me.

Sundera said:
I had entered express entry. but unable to get atleast one JOB offer (even after applying for many jobs(20) through a consultancy ,since 3 months). I am having 7 yrs exp as Lab Analyst in Petroleum refinery Q.C laboratory.Please help ,how to get a JOB OFFER ?
Any good job consultancies in Canada ?

psvapparao333@gmail.com
india +918121656080 -add to wats app Anjali
FYI - 20 jobs is not "many" - it's actually extremely few. People who are successful in finding jobs in Canada often apply to a few hundred jobs before they find one.

All good consultancies in Canada only work with people who already have PR/citizenship or already hold open work permits.