File Transfer...
18/01/2014 to NDVO & 03/03/2014 to COLOMBO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Friends,

Does CANADIAN employers recognize foreign country experience?

Please guide.

Thanks.

bananers

Jan 25, 2014
vivenhs said:
Hi,

I'm not sure if there is anyone else that would fit Leon's subject above. Yes, i'm the fortunate one - i did get my LMO and now awaiting for the Work Permit. My take is, gor for any route that could bring you closer to your goal. Invest an hour or 2 everyday to look at jobsites (on top of previously mentioned site look at Jobbank.ca)

Goodluck.

vivenhs
hi vivenhs

i read ur post.my husbands situation right now is he is looking for a new work permit becoz it will expire by nov 2014 and new lmo. you have any suggestions wer we can find a company that is willing to provide us with those. he is a cook in calgary. thanks!

MR. SIDHU

Jan 30, 2014
LAND OF FIVE RIVERS
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2012
AOR Received.
23/06/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Friends,

Does CANADIAN employers recognize foreign country experience?

Please guide.

Thanks.

Daniel1000

Nov 6, 2013
BILL GATES HAMPERED BY ‘CANADIAN EXPERIENCE’ (The truth about Canadian immigration – my apologies – had to place this! Not true about old Bill please....)
A little bit of Canadian history everyone missed: 6 Months ago old Bill Gates (yes – ‘the’ Bill) decided to ‘take things slower’ and go for the simple life in rural Canada.
So with his strong CV as chairman and co-founder of Microsoft, he applied for a software support role with a small IT company in Gander, Newfoundland, Canada. Excited to mix with ‘common folk’ and be ‘just part of a small community’ he waited for a swift reply.
Confident that his CV will easily pull him through and still excitingly looking forward to the ‘simple’ life, he phoned after not hearing from the HR agency for 6 weeks to check in on the position.
The lady (‘Samantha’) at ‘HR Global International Limited’, a wholly owned subsidiary of ‘WE ARE HR International’, assured him that they did receive his ‘who-are-you-again-and-what –date-did-you-apply-and-to-whom-did-you-send-your-CV’ and that they will come back to him ‘soonest’.
With that she hastily put the phone down and continued painting her nails while watching ‘Honey-Boo-Boo’ online.
Another few weeks went by and old Bill again came down a level and phoned again. This time he spoke to Tracy as ‘Samantha’ is ‘no longer with us and God knows where that woman has gone to’, who repeated again the list of questions. ‘No’ – she has never heard of Bill Gates. “Microsoft” – is that the ‘program-thingy’ that gives you FACEBOOK?
So going through the names she finally excitingly told him that Tony, her Boss, who has a Doctorate in HR at some famous university from one of the top 100 Universities ‘in the World’ (all in Canada, amazingly), has picked a list of 16 CV’s (there were 1 349 applicants) but that there was no ‘Bill’ on the list.
So Bill left Tony a message. Finally out of total boredom Tony gave Bill a call a week later and half angrily agreed to interview him for the role. ‘Does he have SKYPE’? Bill had Skype.
And there it was: Yes he had an impressive CV and yes its ‘amazing’ the whole Microsoft thing and all that, but the only ‘Canadian Experience’ on his CV was flipping hamburgers in Montreal way back in the early 70ths. And his only reference for that job ‘died of old age’ in 1998. ‘No can do’ without ‘Canadian Experience’ – all the other applicants considered for the position was ‘better suited’ with a better ‘match of skills’ for the job.
So old Bill just stayed on a few more years and ‘Tim’, who previously worked as a sound engineer in a nightclub in Toronto, duly and most deservingly was appointed in Gander. So life goes on in Canada, where 3 million highly ‘Skilled’ immigrants are most enjoyingly driving cabs, flipping hamburgers and cleaning streets!
Just a tongue in the cheek warning for wanna-be immigrants! I ‘m leaving this circus.
Daniel Baard

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Daniel1000 said:
Just a tongue in the cheek warning for wanna-be immigrants! I ‘m leaving this circus.
Daniel Baard
Well unfortunately the story is quite close to reality for most of us.
How long have you been here? whats your professional field? & where will you be heading to?

Daniel1000

Nov 6, 2013
emamabd said:
Well unfortunately the story is quite close to reality for most of us.
How long have you been here? whats your professional field? & where will you be heading to?
Hi - been here on and off 3 years. Work from home - have own consulting company. I can't land a job here as a teller, but do multi-million dollar due diligence work in Africa! I am a CA (locally qualified as well!) and have applied for permanent jobs over a 100 times - and I had the exact same experience than old Bill above! I think HR agencies here are a bit clueless (as opposed to the US and UK - much more clued up over there!) + there really are no jobs here. Will most likely go back to SA and be between there and here. Good luck!

MR. SIDHU

Jan 30, 2014
LAND OF FIVE RIVERS
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2012
AOR Received.
23/06/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Daniel1000 said:
BILL GATES HAMPERED BY ‘CANADIAN EXPERIENCE' (The truth about Canadian immigration – my apologies – had to place this! Not true about old Bill please....)
A little bit of Canadian history everyone missed: 6 Months ago old Bill Gates (yes – ‘the' Bill) decided to ‘take things slower' and go for the simple life in rural Canada.
So with his strong CV as chairman and co-founder of Microsoft, he applied for a software support role with a small IT company in Gander, Newfoundland, Canada. Excited to mix with ‘common folk' and be ‘just part of a small community' he waited for a swift reply.
Confident that his CV will easily pull him through and still excitingly looking forward to the ‘simple' life, he phoned after not hearing from the HR agency for 6 weeks to check in on the position.
The lady (‘Samantha') at ‘HR Global International Limited', a wholly owned subsidiary of ‘WE ARE HR International', assured him that they did receive his ‘who-are-you-again-and-what –date-did-you-apply-and-to-whom-did-you-send-your-CV' and that they will come back to him ‘soonest'.
With that she hastily put the phone down and continued painting her nails while watching ‘Honey-Boo-Boo' online.
Another few weeks went by and old Bill again came down a level and phoned again. This time he spoke to Tracy as ‘Samantha' is ‘no longer with us and God knows where that woman has gone to', who repeated again the list of questions. ‘No' – she has never heard of Bill Gates. “Microsoft” – is that the ‘program-thingy' that gives you FACEBOOK?
So going through the names she finally excitingly told him that Tony, her Boss, who has a Doctorate in HR at some famous university from one of the top 100 Universities ‘in the World' (all in Canada, amazingly), has picked a list of 16 CV's (there were 1 349 applicants) but that there was no ‘Bill' on the list.
So Bill left Tony a message. Finally out of total boredom Tony gave Bill a call a week later and half angrily agreed to interview him for the role. ‘Does he have SKYPE'? Bill had Skype.
And there it was: Yes he had an impressive CV and yes its ‘amazing' the whole Microsoft thing and all that, but the only ‘Canadian Experience' on his CV was flipping hamburgers in Montreal way back in the early 70ths. And his only reference for that job ‘died of old age' in 1998. ‘No can do' without ‘Canadian Experience' – all the other applicants considered for the position was ‘better suited' with a better ‘match of skills' for the job.
So old Bill just stayed on a few more years and ‘Tim', who previously worked as a sound engineer in a nightclub in Toronto, duly and most deservingly was appointed in Gander. So life goes on in Canada, where 3 million highly ‘Skilled' immigrants are most enjoyingly driving cabs, flipping hamburgers and cleaning streets!
Daniel Baard

OMG !!
This is crazy !!
Very very very discouraging !!

MR. SIDHU

Jan 30, 2014
LAND OF FIVE RIVERS
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2012
AOR Received.
23/06/2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Friends i need your help here!!

I applied for MPNP in Dec 2012 (02.12.2012). Got my LOA 23.06.2013. My application was transferred to NEW DELHI on 18.01.2014 (I got an e-mail from them).
My ecas status says APPLICATION RECEIVED on 04.11.2013.

How much more time till i get a call for Medical & finally PR?

Please reply.

Thanks & Regards,
SIDHU

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
admin said:
Here's a great tool that searches through current job postings from numerous Canadian government and private sector job search engines such as www.monster.ca, www.jobbank.gc.ca, www.workopolis.com, etc...

Start your Canada Job Search now

http://www.canadavisa.com/career_zone/canadian-immigration-job-search.htm
Thanx

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Daniel1000 said:
Hi - been here on and off 3 years. Work from home - have own consulting company. I can't land a job here as a teller, but do multi-million dollar due diligence work in Africa! I am a CA (locally qualified as well!) and have applied for permanent jobs over a 100 times - and I had the exact same experience than old Bill above! I think HR agencies here are a bit clueless (as opposed to the US and UK - much more clued up over there!) + there really are no jobs here. Will most likely go back to SA and be between there and here. Good luck!
As bad as you think it is, a lot of people are still hitting high and over this barrier, and getting a lifelong breakthrough with a decent job in their field after some months of landing once you have a foolproof plan work-out, about quickly getting Canada job references and experience.

These landed people have no choice other than to find a way round/through with hard-work, dedication, diligence, being focus and ambitious, putting all they've got knowingly it would help them work their way high-over any obstacles in their new country!

Except you are being pushed around by your ego/still nurturing some crap-mentality by reverting to your level of accomplishment professionally in your home country. You can't get anywhere in Canada with this...

Nothing is impossible mind you, depending on how you handle it/your approach towards everything in life matters. At the same time, nothing good comes easy!

This is not an advice, but experiences/achievements via word of mouth!

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
MR. SIDHU said:
OMG !!
This is crazy !!
Very very very discouraging !!
It's not as it seems, seeing is believing...there's always a way to a very good life in Canada; hard-work! and you must earn it!! Get their first and work your way through any challenges and you would see that the sky is just your limit!

Daniel1000

Nov 6, 2013
donwin4real said:
As bad as you think it is, a lot of people are still hitting high and over this barrier, and getting a lifelong breakthrough with a decent job in their field after some months of landing once you have a foolproof plan work-out, about quickly getting Canada job references and experience.

These landed people have no choice other than to find a way round/through with hard-work, dedication, diligence, being focus and ambitious, putting all they've got knowingly it would help them work their way high-over any obstacles in their new country!

Except you are being pushed around by your ego/still nurturing some crap-mentality by reverting to your level of accomplishment professionally in your home country. You can't get anywhere in Canada with this...

Nothing is impossible mind you, depending on how you handle it/your approach towards everything in life matters. At the same time, nothing good comes easy!

This is not an advice, but experiences/achievements via word of mouth!
You are funny. I still think on this website people like you are on someones payroll to talk this crap. Facts are facts. Canadian Immigration became big business and the 3m skilled immigrants doing menial jobs know it. People like me work hard - on projects outside this country. You can't 'work' hard here if you are not even given the change to do it locally. No hard feelings though - its still a beautiful country to have as a base for international business!