+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Find available Jobs in Canada

Jeffree

Feb 1, 2022
Hi ,
I am working as safety officer position , I have more than 2 years experience on same field .but my 3 years degree is different from this experience .after I completed the degree I studied extra professional certification course for safety .after I got these experiences.so what is my question is if I want to apply to Canadian visa . They will accept my degree or addition course . Because according to my degree I don't have any experience. So they will accept my request ?or else need to study further course of safety related ? I have plan for studying othm level 6 diploma .I think it is equal to graduation level.

Jeffree

Feb 1, 2022
Unfortuantely there isn't a simple answer. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Speaking with other new immigrants who hold professional jobs in their own country, many have commented that while getting 'a' job is very, very important, many I talk to also recommend not rushing into it, if you can financial manage this, and focus on getting the right job. Yes, it will likely take 3+ months to find something directly in your field, but to be very honest 3+ months is the typical timeline for anyone working in Canada. As an average, the 'process' just takes this long. This is the norm.

The other thing to consider if you initially get a blue collar job in Canada is that your resume will show professional jobs from your current country, then blue collar jobs in Canada and you're now trying to convince a new employer you want to go back to the other job -- you run the risk of having your resume look confusing.

Read the blog a friend keeps on his personal experience on immigration and job search, it may give you another perspective:

http://www.immigrationexpertise.com/2005/12/welcome.html
I have 2 years experience in safety field (Health and safety officer ) . I am planning to come Canada and want to get PR . I have degree in computer science (3 years ) and additionally have NEBOSH IGC (certification). It is enough for applying ? Or need to study more like level 6 course from OTHM. Please can you guide me about required study qualifications.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have 2 years experience in safety field (Health and safety officer ) . I am planning to come Canada and want to get PR . I have degree in computer science (3 years ) and additionally have NEBOSH IGC (certification). It is enough for applying ? Or need to study more like level 6 course from OTHM. Please can you guide me about required study qualifications.
So to submit your name for review you need ECAs for your degrees and IELTs for language. Your education doesn’t need to match your NOC. Don’t think your certification will give you any points. You need to figure out if you are eligible with 67+ points to submit a profile and want over 470 CRS to be invited (if draws ever resume). Google Express Entry and look at requirement.

canadavisa000

Star Member
May 16, 2019
HI - I hold PR and staying in Toronto. I completed BE (ECE) and I am a housewife as of now.

I am interested to go for a job and I have groomed myself with Manual testing, Automation testing, Core Java using online tutorials.

Since I do not have work experience, is there a way for me to find a job in IT companies in Toronto?. Pls suggest. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
HI - I hold PR and staying in Toronto. I completed BE (ECE) and I am a housewife as of now.

I am interested to go for a job and I have groomed myself with Manual testing, Automation testing, Core Java using online tutorials.

Since I do not have work experience, is there a way for me to find a job in IT companies in Toronto?. Pls suggest. Thank you.
Use job bank, indeed, monster to look for jobs. Visit your local employment centre or settlement centre.

Employment Ontario | Ontario.ca

Reactions: canadavisa000

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To people who have recently received PPR/Landed in Canada. What do you guys suggest regarding applying for jobs in Canada. Should I apply before my arrival or is it better to apply once I land. How hard is it to find a job before landing? Do employers ask for immigration status documents/sin before offering a job? Do I need a Canadian number?

Also for people in Ontario, how is the job market for skilled and unskilled work? I keep hearing Canada needs workers after pandemic but is the same valid for Ontario?

With air tickets for a family of 3 eating up a huge chunk of my savings and cost of living in Ontario skyrocketing I need to have a job as soon as I land.

Reactions: Jossylad

Jossylad

Jun 19, 2022
To people who have recently received PPR/Landed in Canada. What do you guys suggest regarding applying for jobs in Canada. Should I apply before my arrival or is it better to apply once I land. How hard is it to find a job before landing? Do employers ask for immigration status documents/sin before offering a job? Do I need a Canadian number?

Also for people in Ontario, how is the job market for skilled and unskilled work? I keep hearing Canada needs workers after pandemic but is the same valid for Ontario?

With air tickets for a family of 3 eating up a huge chunk of my savings and cost of living in Ontario skyrocketing I need to have a job as soon as I land.
I am new here.
What’s the better way to migrate from Nigeria to Canada??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am new here.
What’s the better way to migrate from Nigeria to Canada??
Look at Immigrating through Express Entry or PNP programs based on your age, education, work experience and language. You need ECAs for your degrees and IELTS for language.

Kadim13

Jun 29, 2022
Je suis nouveau aussi.
j'opte pour une immigration familiale moi (33) ma femme(25 ans) et 02enfants (04ans et 01ans). Domaine logistique 7ans d'expérience (stock ,transport et vente) ma femme elle autre comptabilité. Comment créer un profil éligible svp? Aidez moi. Merci

Dedoyin

Sep 13, 2022
Hi
I am a Registered Nurse from Nigeria with 2years experience and would wish to work in Canada.
I have written my Ielts with overall band score of 7 but had 6.0 in both writing and reading.
Please how can I go about it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
I am a Registered Nurse from Nigeria with 2years experience and would wish to work in Canada.
I have written my Ielts with overall band score of 7 but had 6.0 in both writing and reading.
Please how can I go about it.
Your education and exprience must be assessed to Canadian equivalency by NNAS. You need ECA for your degree. Then with NNAS, approval you apply for your provincial license. However this doesn’t allow you to work in Canada. You need to eligible and invited to immigrate through Express Entry based on age, education, work experience and IELTS.

1. NNAS
2. Provincial license
3. Express Entry

Dedoyin

Sep 13, 2022
Your education and exprience must be assessed to Canadian equivalency by NNAS. You need ECA for your degree. Then with NNAS, approval you apply for your provincial license. However this doesn’t allow you to work in Canada. You need to eligible and invited to immigrate through Express Entry based on age, education, work experience and IELTS.

1. NNAS
2. Provincial license
3. Express Entry
Thanks

But I already have a bachelor in nursing Science.