+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial Evaluation lower than required

James W

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Hi! I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my Japanese wife for a spousal visa. Our three kids have Canadian citizenship. I have been living Japan for many years and have been paying taxes to only the Japanese tax agency. Last year, I moved my family back to Canada and had to report to CRA. According to their assessment and the financial evaluation form for my wife's application, it shows that I am below what they expect. This does not mean that I can't fiance my family. I have been doing so for a year while living in Japan. I have a business, residence, car and bank accounts. What can I do to convince Canada immigration that I take care of my family. I have been covering rent, transportation, shopping and other expenses for the past year.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are you saying that you've received a letter from IRCC stating that your income is insufficient to sponsor your wife for PR?

There are no minimum income requirements to sponsor your wife for PR.

James W

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Are you saying that you've received a letter from IRCC stating that your income is insufficient to sponsor your wife for PR?

There are no minimum income requirements to sponsor your wife for PR.
Hello Scylla! Thank you very much for replying! I did not get a letter from IRCC. My wife and I haven’t sent out the application yet. I’m filling out the forms for her. I am her sponsor. She is not cosigning because she doesn’t have any income. I have been working in Japan for three years and my wife has been a homemaker ever cents. I read on the application that there is a cut off amount in order to be able to support my wife and I. I hope I read that wrong. I plan to explain myself on a separate letter so that IRCC can see my situation. Since moving my family over to Canada, I haven’t had any problems supporting them while living and working in Japan. Will I have any problems with my application? I’m just worried about the financial evaluation section. Thank you very much for your time and input.

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
Hello Scylla! Thank you very much for replying! I did not get a letter from IRCC. My wife and I haven’t sent out the application yet. I’m filling out the forms for her. I am her sponsor. She is not cosigning because she doesn’t have any income. I have been working in Japan for three years and my wife has been a homemaker ever cents. I read on the application that there is a cut off amount in order to be able to support my wife and I. I hope I read that wrong. I plan to explain myself on a separate letter so that IRCC can see my situation. Since moving my family over to Canada, I haven’t had any problems supporting them while living and working in Japan. Will I have any problems with my application? I’m just worried about the financial evaluation section. Thank you very much for your time and input.
As Scylla said there is NO set amount for sponsoring your spouse (that's for Parents & Grandparents etc). All you need to do is convince CIC you will be able to support yourselves and that shouldn't be too difficult, simply include your NOA/Option C and attach a letter explaining how you will support yourself if that amount is low.

James W

Star Member
May 21, 2017
As Scylla said there is NO set amount for sponsoring your spouse (that's for Parents & Grandparents etc). All you need to do is convince CIC you will be able to support yourselves and that shouldn't be too difficult, simply include your NOA/Option C and attach a letter explaining how you will support yourself if that amount is low.
Hi Addus! I appreciate your input!!
Do you know how many personal photos I need to include with the application?

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
Hi Addus! I appreciate your input!!
Do you know how many personal photos I need to include with the application?
Just follow the checklist.
When we applied the maximum was 20 and we sent around 15, but that may have changed so confirm on your checklist.

James W

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Wow that is a lot of pictures! I will put a least 15 photos with the application. One other question I have is regarding the Additional Family Information form. My oldest son turned 18 in June and has Canadian citizenship , do I need to fill a form for him?
Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow that is a lot of pictures! I will put a least 15 photos with the application. One other question I have is regarding the Additional Family Information form. My oldest son turned 18 in June and has Canadian citizenship , do I need to fill a form for him?
Thanks!
No

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
You must be mixed up with parents sponsorship. There is no minimum income requirement and she being the applicant cannot be a co-signer even if she did work. (she cannot sponsor herself). Having a spouse as a co-signer is only for applying for parents to become PRs.

For personal photos, I am sure for this many years of marriage, you have many photos with your wife (photos with your kids and other relatives and friends...etc and at special occasions). 20 photos are actually not that many to proof relationship. Put dates and what the photos are about behind or below them.

James W

Star Member
May 21, 2017
You must be mixed up with parents sponsorship. There is no minimum income requirement and she being the applicant cannot be a co-signer even if she did work. (she cannot sponsor herself). Having a spouse as a co-signer is only for applying for parents to become PRs.

For personal photos, I am sure for this many years of marriage, you have many photos with your wife (photos with your kids and other relatives and friends...etc and at special occasions). 20 photos are actually not that many to proof relationship. Put dates and what the photos are about behind or below them.

Thank you YVR123!