24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Hello,
could you please advise me on the way to complete the Financial Evaluation form IMM1283E.
There are some items there we are struggling to have filled in.
In the instructions they say that none of the questions should be left blank, otherwise the application can be returned on the reason not being completed correctly.

The matter is that the Canadian spouse never had any previous undertakings and doesn't have a co-signer, and there's no other dependent family members.....so none of these questions can be ticked. What to write in them? N/A? we are just not sure whether to leave them blank without having problems with application.

Also must the sponsor himself be included in the total number required for financial evaluation? For example, if there's a spouse and two kids, shall he write 3 or 4 (including himself) as a total number?

Who are 'every other family member not listed above and dependent on you financially, whether they are living with you or not' - does it include the kids of a spouse?

If a spouse is self employed, and all his income is mentioned in the last line of the columns I, II and III Section 11C - and that sum already includes all the Other Income calculation that they require in 13B. Shall he enter them again or just leave it blank? Will it be a problem?

Sorry for so many questions. We do much appreciate your attention to this post.
Thank you

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
This form doesn't need to be filled out Financial Evaluation IMM 1283E
It's been said MANY times before there is no income requirement for a straight forward spousal sponsorship. ONLY if the spouse has kids who has kids of their own.
None of your questions are relevant to that application. This form should NOT be included.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Boncuk said:
This form doesn't need to be filled out Financial Evaluation IMM 1283E
It's been said MANY times before there is no income requirement for a straight forward spousal sponsorship. ONLY if the spouse has kids who has kids of their own.
None of your questions are relevant to that application. This form should NOT be included.
that is our case

2 kids of my own

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, it's not your case. You are the applicant, your husband the sponsor. Your kids are dependent children. Only if YOUR kids have kids (you had grandchildren) and they were included in the application, would financial eligibility apply. Boncuk is correct.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Sigh.. I know it's hard guys but really READ it than READ IT AGAIN. If you are a grandfather.. like your kid got pregnant and has a kid.. then the INCOME REQUIREMENT goes into play.. THIS FORM IS NOT NEEDED for your CASE! I'm sorry if I sound frustrated but really you just need to read it.. it's very clear :)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
thank you for your replies.
due to all this paperwork we just got confused.
thank you for clarification. we do really appreciate it a lot.

DTdude

Sep 3, 2019
May I know if I'm only sponsoring (as a canadian citizen living abroad) my common-law partner? Do I need to fill in this IMM 1283e form?

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
May I know if I'm only sponsoring (as a canadian citizen living abroad) my common-law partner? Do I need to fill in this IMM 1283e form?
It's spelled out here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5482-instruction-fill-financial-evaluation-form-1283.html

If you are sponsoring a person other than:

• your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no family members, or
  • your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has dependent children who have no dependent children of their own, or
  • your child who has no children of his or her own,
As you are ONLY sponsoring your spouse you don't need to fill it out. That said, when you start the process you are given a checklist of documents relevant to your country and situation. You should follow that checklist.

Reactions: DTdude and YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
From both the list of forms:
Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):

And the instruction in IMM 5589 part A section 4.
"Only complete this form if the person you are sponsoring (your common-law partner) has one of more dependent child(ren), who has one or more dependent child(ren) of their own. "

- as stated in all the replied above, you only need to fill the form if your common-law partner has grand child(ren) to include in the sponsorship applicaiton.

Reactions: DTdude

DTdude

Sep 3, 2019
Thanks YVR123. I take it IMM 1283e is not required for my application. May I know if IMM 5409 is required for my common law sponsorship? (seems like it's not in the list above). Some further queries below based on the given list.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks YVR123. I take it IMM 1283e is not required for my application. May I know if IMM 5409 is required for my common law sponsorship? (seems like it's not in the list above). Some further queries below based on the given list.

IMM 5409 is optional. Some people in a common law sponsorship thinks this will help to proof their relationship. So they filled in 5409.
It's up to you. I applied after we got married. So I didn't need to fill that in.

I would be surprised if you do not need to fill in 5532. It's the details about your relationship... but well I will leave that to other members to answer.

The IMM 5476 is for representative, so we didn't fill the one for sponsor but we filled one for the applicant so that I (the sponsor) can enquire on behalf of my spouse.

Only your common law partner is the applicant. But your applicant needs to fill int 5406 and list ALL his/her additional family members. (siblings, parents...etc) IRCC needs to know about everyone in her non-immediate family (i.e. you are his/her immediate family).

Reactions: DTdude

DTdude

Sep 3, 2019
IMM 5409 is optional. Some people in a common law sponsorship thinks this will help to proof their relationship. So they filled in 5409.
It's up to you. I applied after we got married. So I didn't need to fill that in.

I would be surprised if you do not need to fill in 5532. It's the details about your relationship... but well I will leave that to other members to answer.

The IMM 5476 is for representative, so we didn't fill the one for sponsor but we filled one for the applicant so that I (the sponsor) can enquire on behalf of my spouse.

Only your common law partner is the applicant. But your applicant needs to fill int 5406 and list ALL his/her additional family members. (siblings, parents...etc) IRCC needs to know about everyone in her non-immediate family (i.e. you are his/her immediate family).
Thank you very much!