+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financial Evaluation form question

irritated

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Hi guys could somebody on this site please answer my question regarding financial evaluation. my spouse is sponsoring me for my pr application I have a 21 year old daughter who is not being sponsored as she has a life back in the uk which forms do we fill in for our financial evaluation any help regarding this would be very appreciated. thanks for taking the time to read my post :)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
There isn't a financial evaluation form for spousal sponsorship. There isn't a financial requirement for sponsoring a spouse.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
I think where you are getting confused is it said Sponsorship Evaluation or Financial Evaluation i am sponsoring my husband from the U.k and just did the Sponsorship Evaluation form .

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Just one more thing , even if your daughter has no plans to come to Canada you have to put her on the application form . Will need medical , photo's, back ground check .

The advice i have got from this site is to do this even if she has no intentions of ever coming . I have to do this for my 19 year old , i am hoping the rules will change before i get to send off the application , only because he is adment he is not coming , and i don't want to have to pay for all the extras for him not to even come for a bit . However i am very new to this , so may be a more experience member can answer you .

irritated

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
hi taffy7 with response to your reply I looked on leon's post and as my daughter has refused a medical we have to supply a statement informing cic of this and notifying them that my husband will not be sponsoring my daughter in the future for pr. my daughter has also wrote a statement confirming the refusal and has also pointed out she has no plans to relocate to Canada as she is 21 has her own life with her children. my confusion is the financial support application as it states if your spouse has dependant child do not fill in this form but fill in a financial evaluation form (IMM1283) as I have put my daughters information on all paperwork required do we fill in the IMM1283as if she was coming or just the financial support application form for myself and my husband if anyone reading my post could please give me a reply to my question it would be very helpful thank you for taking the time to read my post

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
taffy7 said:
Just one more thing , even if your daughter has no plans to come to Canada you have to put her on the application form . Will need medical , photo's, back ground check .

The advice i have got from this site is to do this even if she has no intentions of ever coming . I have to do this for my 19 year old , i am hoping the rules will change before i get to send off the application , only because he is adment he is not coming , and i don't want to have to pay for all the extras for him not to even come for a bit . However i am very new to this , so may be a more experience member can answer you .
taffy7, the only expense you will incur for your son right now is the medical and a passport. He is considered a "non-accompanying" dependent so you do not have to pay any other fees for him right now. If you wanted to sponsor him in the future, then a fee would be applicable. Even if he is adamant now about not wanting to come, how many 19 year olds know what opportunities they may want in the future? So many things in our lives can change (for good and bad) and to forgo this option is shortsighted for all parties.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
irritated said:
hi taffy7 with response to your reply I looked on leon's post and as my daughter has refused a medical we have to supply a statement informing cic of this and notifying them that my husband will not be sponsoring my daughter in the future for pr. my daughter has also wrote a statement confirming the refusal and has also pointed out she has no plans to relocate to Canada as she is 21 has her own life with her children. my confusion is the financial support application as it states if your spouse has dependant child do not fill in this form but fill in a financial evaluation form (IMM1283) as I have put my daughters information on all paperwork required do we fill in the IMM1283as if she was coming or just the financial support application form for myself and my husband if anyone reading my post could please give me a reply to my question it would be very helpful thank you for taking the time to read my post
Hello irritated and if you read my reply to taffy7 you will see that I strongly recommend you do include your daughter, regardless of her plans now. You are not actually "sponsoring" her right now so you do not need to include form IMM1283 at all. You are only reserving the right to sponsor her in the future so that she will not be excluded from this choice should she change her mind. You are including her information as non-accompanying. There are many good reasons to do this for future options and very few reasons not to, besides the minor inconvenience of a few extra forms. The financial document that the Cdn sponsor does have to submit is called an "option C" printout. Your husband has to contact Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) directly and request it be mailed to him (they will not fax or e-mail it). Then make a copy and send the original in with your application. A sponsor cannot be receiving welfare benefits; however, they are able to receive employment insurance or disability benefits.

Hope this helps to answer your questions.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
irritated said:
[/quote

As of January the age limit will be reduced to 18 ,so no need to fill in any thing for your daughter ,but i understand now why you have to fill in another form , because she has children of her own .If you don't get an answer form another more experience member i will take a look at the form and see if i can help . If you are sending your application before then you will have to fill in the forms you are looking at right now.

Looking like you have to fill in the form as if she was coming .