+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally Done with Documentation - Am I Missing Something?

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
ok.. so i am a bit confused now.. i have pictures print in the size of 35*45 however, the soft copy photographer gave me seems to be of bit larger size (may b passport size), which picture should i upload?
Stick with 35x45 if you have that already. No need to get confused.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
should i scan the 35*45 one and then upload it or use the soft copy as provided by the photographer?
The soft copy. The scanning requirements are different and little tricky to follow.
If you have soft copy then just attach the .jpg file.

srvsh.pawar

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
24-07-2017
Hello,

A query regarding POF, I have made a sell of jewellery asset and the money available through the sell will be used by me for POF.
The jeweller has given a sell certificate on his letter head of the sell made.

Will that be shown as documentary evidence for the POF ? It's around 30% of fund value of POF.

Senior members can you help with your advise ?

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hello,

A query regarding POF, I have made a sell of jewellery asset and the money available through the sell will be used by me for POF.
The jeweller has given a sell certificate on his letter head of the sell made.

Will that be shown as documentary evidence for the POF ? It's around 30% of fund value of POF.

Senior members can you help with your advise ?
There is a Proof of Funds thread specifically dedicated to questions on PoF.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-funds-express-entry.263315
I think you should ask this query there.
AFAIK, you need to mention these details in the LoE and submit the proof of funds in the PoF section PDF.

srvsh.pawar

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
24-07-2017

Julayee

Oct 5, 2017
As promised, below is the PROOF OF EMPLOYMENT template I used in my documents. Hope it will help you guys too.

PROOF OF EMPLOYMENT

To,
The Immigration Officer,
Immigration Refugees & Citizenship Canada,
Government of Canada.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to certify that <applicant's name>, working as a <job role>, has been with <company name> since <date of joining>.
The job is full-time at <hours you work> hours per week with a gross salary of <amount> per month including all benefits.

Below are the details of all the positions held by the employee at <company name> till date:
  • <job role> <start date> <end date>
  • <job role> <start date> <end date>
  • and so on for all roles
Below are the details of the employee's job duties for <his/her> role and designation
  • List of your duties for the NOC your are applying
  • Take some from NOC list mentioned in CIC
  • Add any extra if you are doing
  • and so on for all duties
This letter has been certified for the employee as a proof of employment with <company name>
For any further question(s), please feel free to contact me.

Thanking you,
For <company name>

<Name & Designation of the Person>
Employee ID
Email ID
Contact Number Date: Place:

<company name> | <company address> | <pin code> | <email if any> | <contact number>
Hi

Could you please advise on how to proceed on my situation
I worked for CSC , then I joined TCS and currently working in Deloitte.
1. I don't have the official badge of first company, and Should i be getting both colleague's and manager's signature. It's difficult for me to obtain first company's manager's signature
2. Where does he should sign(bottom corner of the printed page?)
3. Is business card mandatory, is there any alternate for it, as I may not be able to get business cards of people from first company

Please suggest,

Thanks

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hi

Could you please advise on how to proceed on my situation
I worked for CSC , then I joined TCS and currently working in Deloitte.
1. I don't have the official badge of first company, and Should i be getting both colleague's and manager's signature. It's difficult for me to obtain first company's manager's signature
No problem. Try to provide the business card of your current company atleast.
2. Where does he should sign(bottom corner of the printed page?) Yes.
3. Is business card mandatory, is there any alternate for it, as I may not be able to get business cards of people from first company
Here, the whole idea is to show CIC that employee signing your letter is also an employee of the company. If you can show some other proof that (s)he is an employee that is ok too. In case there is no other proof or you are not able to then atleast show the proof of your current company employees.
Please suggest,

Thanks
Answers inline.

Reactions: srvsh.pawar

PVPal

Aug 9, 2017
Thank you so much for this concise list.

To make it a more generalized list, I guess we may need to add:
  1. Marriage certificate
  2. Children's birth certificates
  3. Any other certificate such as Death/Divorce/Adoption etc.

Kscph

Jun 20, 2017
Thanks for the excellent post. Adding myself to it :)

Two qs:

1- What do you mean by scanning 'last page' of the passport. Mine is blank so confused how does it add value?
2- I know it goes without saying but I should also scan all the passport pages containing travel history from 'both old+new' passport?

Thanks!

shetur12

Oct 10, 2017
For proof of funds-
I have a bank account which is joint account with my father. Will that work?
if not, can I open a new account in my name and transfer the funds from that account into the new one?
is the 6 month statement mandatory? because if I am opening a new account now, it obviously wont have a 6-month statement.

Julayee

Oct 5, 2017
Well..months after getting the ITA (in May) and to-fro questions/answers sessions with seniors (@DelPiero07 thank you!) and incredible help from @legalfalcon, I have at-last completed my documentation and finally ready for the post ITA document submission.

I believe I have done all documentation properly and as suggested by the seniors but again you can never be too careful when it comes to the nifty PR rules and documentation protocols.

The reason I am presenting this information as a thread and not as a post is so that the new ITA candidates can get help from this thread straight away and they don't have to search for some specific post to find answers to their most common queries.

Furthermore, the seniors ( @DelPiero07 & @legalfalcon and several others) don't have to repeat each and everything again to the fresh candidate, not for the common questions at least.

@legalfalcon - If you can spare sometime from your pet thread, kindly see if everything is in order.

1. Travel Document
Submitting scans of:
  • Passport first & last page. Since No travel history.
Is the doc Notarised : No

2. Proof of Medical
Submitting scans of:
  • Medical information sheet shared by Hospital.

3. Education
Submitting scans of:
  • Provisional degree
  • Bachelor degree
  • WES ECA report
  • IELTS report.
I am also submitting one notarised affidavit for name discrepancy as my degree doesn't contain my surname.
Are the doc Notarised : No except the affidavit which is notarised.

4. Proof of Employment
Submitting scans of:
  • Job offer
  • Promotion letter
  • Latest compensation letter
  • Official proof of employment letter (not in IRCC mandated format)
  • My official badge and business card
  • Latest 3 months salary slips
  • Proof of employment letter, in IRCC mandated format, signed by colleague
  • Colleague official badge and business card
  • Proof of employment letter, in IRCC mandated format, signed by manager
  • Manager official badge and business card
Are the doc Notarised : No except the letters signed by the colleague and manager

5. Police Clearance Certificate
Submitting scans of:
  • Police clearance certificate report shared by the Passport office (PSK)

6. Proof of Funds
Submitting scans of:
  • Balance certificate shared by bank on official letter head
  • Check used while getting funds from my father
  • Notarised gift deed for the funds shared above
  • 6 months stamped and signed bank statements
  • 6 months salary slips (reflected in the above bank statements)
The balance certificate from the bank contains:
  • My name
  • Account number
  • Type of Account
  • Date since the account was opened
  • Any loan/credit card payment pending on my name
  • Phone number of the bank's customer care
  • Email of the bank's customer care
  • Bank address as printed on the letter head
Are the doc Notarised : No except the gift deed.

7. Digital Photo
Submitting:
  • Digital photo clicked by professional photographer 50 x 70 mm (~150kb)
Is the doc Notarised : NA

8. Letter of Explanation
Submitting PDF LoE explaining:
  • The notarised proof of employment I am submitting since my company doesn't give the employment proof in the IRCC mandated format
  • The details of the affidavit submitted because of the surname discrepancy in the education degrees
  • The details of the check submitted due to the gift deed transfer

Can the Seniors (& @DelPiero07 @legalfalcon) please spare some time to review the document list above and guide if I am missing something here.

This will also help most if not all new candidates in their post ITA documentation process.

Thank you.
Hi Harry

Could you please share template of notarised affidavit for name discrepancy as my degree doesn't contain my surname

Thanks

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hi Harry

Could you please share template of notarised affidavit for name discrepancy as my degree doesn't contain my surname

Thanks
Sorry for the late reply. Here is the template that I made for the name discrepancy. Attach the scan of this affidavit in your education PDF and also to make sure nothing goes wrong, get the xerox of certificates stamped from notary and scan and attach them too.

AFFIDAVIT FOR NAME INCONSISTENCY

I, <name> resident of <residence info> born on <DoB info> solemnly declare that I am the same individual as stated in the following documents:

1. Provisional Degree Certificate (<certificate issued by> <issuing date>)
2. Bachelor's Degree Certificate (<certificate issued by> <issuing date>)
3. Passport No. <xyz> (<passport issued by> <issuing date>)

I also declare that <name without surname> and <name with surname> in the above documents is the same person. I make this affidavit to declare the inconsistencies with the names indicated on my documents.

VERIFICATION: I confirm that the above content of this affidavit is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and beliefs and nothing has been concealed therein.
PLACE:
DATE:

NOTARY DECLARATION:
Declared or sworn in front of me with original documents.
PLACE:
DATE: