+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

finally Approved after interview

beans

Jan 23, 2010
Today I went to CIC-london and everything was alright. The IO officer was very kind and he was just discussed about my educational background and my job. The IO was happy and he has asked me now your sponsor needs to pay your approval fees in Canada and he is sending me email of decision made email. I am just wondering what is approval fees ? and how to pay it ?.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
approval fees could be Right of Permanent Resident Fee. It is CAD 490 for 1 person.

Ask your sponsor, if he/she has paid that fee while applying for sponsorship. If not, your sponsor will have to pay it now before an immigrant visa is stamped on your passport.

ucalgary

Apr 8, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
AOR Received.
06-04-2010
File Transfer...
15-04-2010
Passport Req..
27-04-2010
Congratulations!!

beans

Jan 23, 2010
Thanks all. ok my story, I am pakistani national living in U.K. I have applied family/spouse sponsor like you guys. Everything was alright but due to large number of applications from all around the world. CIC-London takes long time to call me for an interview. I have waited almost 9 months for interview july 2009 till april just in queue. My medical got expired but as soon as they scheduled my interview I have ask them when my interview will take place my medical will get expired. CIC london advice me take another medical. so almost 1.5 month earlier of my 1st medical expired I have taken another medical because fact is they can not issue the visa if your medical is expired and it takes up 6 weeks to get the result of your medical. Last thing before going for interview I also made new security certificate as I know that CIC london ask for another charter certificate if your case has been filed since long time by doing these things I have saved my time. They have also asked my character certificate but only of UK not pakistani. My case is very straight forward I have everything one year of telephone billing, my wife visited me her passport entry stamps, cards, pictures, my employment letter, marriage certificate and all my back ground universities degree's and my other professional qualifications achievements certificates. IO was very kind person obviously and he has asked me very normal type questions. In the end of interview he told me. Everything is fine congratz you are approved. Please ask your sponsor to pay the approval fees in canada. It takes up to two weeks to come on our system. After this fees we will email you to send your passport for stamping a visa. I hope my this information will helpful to all of you. Best of luck everyone.

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Cong beans, that's truely a great news after such a long wait.

few questions

was it a police clearence certificate which u got ? and did they ask u to get new when they scheduled your interview ?
did they also ask u to bring an evidence of being in touch with your wife ? if yes did they check and collect all documents from u ?
your wife is canadian national or pr holder ?

cheers bro

beans

Jan 23, 2010
The documents they only asked.
prof of continue contact with your wife
additional family document
Current address and what are you doing since you have submitted your case. ( b/c it's been more than an year)

As I am aware of my medical was expire I have email cic about the situation they have advice me go ahead and take new medical. There wasn't any new form or anything required to redo medical it same as old. I also know that my police charter certificate of UK and pakistan both expired as its been only valid for an year (pakistani valid of 6 months) but what I did. I made both of them again and during interview IO told me your security has been cleared but we want your new character certificate of UK again which I gave him on request. I also bring my all degree's and he checked my all qualification degree's my certifications. My employment letter and the ID's of my employment. I also bring the new pictures with me and my wife during her visit in UK and all the hotel reservations, her passport stamp of entry, one year of vonage calling bill and cards she sent me. These are the enough prof's. After interview he congratz me and ask me pay the fees of 490 dollar which I have paid it. He also told me this fees takes up to two weeks to come up in our system. Once fees comes up we will request your passport to stamp visa.

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
hello mr. beans. thanks for ur detailed reply.

i also received an email for interview today. they have asked me to bring same documents as you along with my passport..what do u think why they want my passport ? will they issue me visa straight away ? my medical has already expired so wot do u think in my case ? should i email them for a new medical like u did or wot ? shoud i go and get a new UK police certificate ? yaar please advise me...AGER AAP APNA NUMBER EMAIL KER DO ON syed1681@gmail.com then things will get more clear to me. Aur haan ur wife is canadian or pr holder just for info. if anyone else have any idea please do share!!

AH

Syed

saltyng

Feb 23, 2010
Hi Beans,
was the interview hard? or just basic questions.
Pls explain to us likely questions to expect.
Thank you very muah mate.

beans

Jan 23, 2010
very normal questions:
How many siblings you have? what they are doing? where they live ? What's your father do ?
Your wife is your relatives ? as she is ..... you both born in same city ? etc
what is educational background ..... from where you did graduation ..... then what you did after graduation etc.
Your job title ..... for which company you work etc

extra Documents which they didn't ask to bring but they have checked.

1. All educational degree's, transcripts and any training certificates etc
2. marriage certificate (I didn't have the original one, I have shown him the photo copy. My always keeps the original one :p)
3. New police certificate (if your case is in process since more than 10 month just make your new certificate before going for interview) because they have asked my new certificate and I gave them on the request of IO.
4. They also checked the letter from my employer + ID or your business card or any ID (clock in ID etc)
5. They have also checked my passport (keep your expired passport is also with you)
6. New recent pictures
7. Keep all the phones bills emails, cards etc
8. If your medical is expire and you have did the new medical, then keep the receipt of the doctor.

These are very important documents and they have checked all but in the letter of interview they have only requested to bring your passport.

If you haven't paid your right of residency fees (490 dollars) then I would recommend pay it. After interview they asked me to pay this fees and it will take 2 weeks to come in their system :eek:

My experience is The IO was very nice, kind, polite and friendly person. Don't get tense or lost your temper at any point.
Wish you good luck friend !

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Hi Beans,

I have been following your posts on here.

Thank you so much for posting all the information about your experience. Very happy for you, it must be an amazing feeling.
Keep us posted on how long it will take for a passport request AFTER the interview.

My husband's application is also in London, they have e-mailed him saying he needs an interview in February, and still nothing about an interview date yet! His interview will be in Stockholm since he lives in Sweden. I wonder how long it will take to schedule an interview!!

Did you ask them why it's taken so long to schedule an interview? Is it just that they're really busy???

Again, thanks for being so helpful.