+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Final step of sponsorship application and have one confusion, please help !!!

macho2028

Sep 2, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am on the final step of my sponsorship application, which means I just got the letter requesting to send my passport to the visa section to get the visa. However, currently, I'm in Canada as an international student. Therefore, I have a question about this since this case is a bit complicated which I cannot find an answer on CIC website:

The sponsorship application includes 3 members of my family - my mom (main applicant), my brother, and me (we are dependent children). For now, my mom and brother reside in Vietnam and they just informed me that the got the letter requesting our passports from the Visa section in Singapore. However, I am studying in Canada at the moment.

Do I have to return to my country to send my passport to Singapore? Or I just need to mail my passport to my mom and have her complete the request?

From what I was advised, I should get back to my country and get my passport sent from there, as well as arrive in Canada along with my mom and brother. This is for safety purpose of our application and for the border-control-officer can gather the needed info for our landing record.

The decision to stay or to leave Canada may be very costly, so I need some expert advice, please help !

Thank you very much.

fizzlefunk

Mar 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
21-04-2011
File Transfer...
14-04-2011
Med's Done....
01-03-2011
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
18-07-2011
I'd suggest mailing your passport to your mother and having her send all the passports at once to the visa office. Once the vista foil has been affixed and returned to your mother, she should mail the passport back to you.

For landing, the principal applicant (mother) needs to land first, with any number of dependents; any other dependents not landing at that time can land afterwards. Your mother should probably tell the visa officer when she lands that you will be landing separately later.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
since u are in canada u will not be landing but flagpoling so go to the nearest canada usa border n explain u would like to flagpole this is all after your mom lands in canada