+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Final questions as I assemble application

egosheep

Nov 28, 2010
I'm putting everything together tonight, so I'm excited! I was wondering what order I should put everything in, or does it matter?

Should I have 2 separate relationship histories, or can I just use the same one for me and for my sponsor?

For evidence I have:
-wedding photos from our marriage in 2003,
-40 or so old emails from 01/02(only from my wife to me-- I guess they didn't save sent mail then),
-our acceptance letters from when my wife got a green card here in the US
-3 greyhound tickets from visits I made to Canada
-my wife's itinerary from when she first flew to the US before we were married
-our lease in both our names at our apartment in Toronto
-the past three years tax returns which were filed by both of us(should I include the whole huge return or just the first summary pages?)
-a letter from my employer stating that I will be able to continue to work from Toronto and draw my current salary
-a copy of the deed to our home in Atlanta, which we own free and clear
-marriage certificate
-4 photos of me
-my medicals and my FBI letter(still valid till 6/18)

The only thing lacking is I don't have the visa office that processed my wife's citizenship. She came to Canada at 6 years old as a refugee in 1985, and doesn't have those records.

I have benefited a great deal from the advice of users here, so if anyone sees anything amiss, please let me know. Thanks!

jamaicanincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Done....
01-03-2011
Passport Req..
28-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-11-2011
Looks good egosheep!! If you and your wife have joint bank accounts you may want to include that as well. But I think you will be fine with what you have so far.

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Put the forms for the sponsor and sponsored person in separate folders. Have additional labelled folders for categories such as "financial documents", "e-mails and letters", "visitation proof" etc. Put the photos in separate (labelled) envelopes. You can even list what you are including in the folder on the front.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
For the relationship letters, one should be from the sponsor and one from the applicant. It should look like you each wrote your own - though of course actually check to make sure dates and details match. Some people have sent in only one and have got the PR visa, though.

I'd send in photos from throughout your relationship, not just from the wedding.

The whole tax return is not necessary - just the summary or whatever they call it in the States, that shows you filed together.

egosheep

Nov 28, 2010
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I will update this thread when I send everything off.

Does anyone know what I should say about the lack of the visa office that processed my wife as a refugee immigrant in 85? Should I just write an addendum and explain we don't have that info, and that we are trying to find out?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, for anything you can't get or are unsure of, you can add a note explaining the situation.

egosheep

Nov 28, 2010
They recieved my PR app on June 1st. They sent my wife an email yesterday saying she's been approved for sponsorship!!! That was the hurdle I was most concerned about. Now we wait... :)