+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Final Decision says 'Your application was approved'

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
It's never a 10 year visa (unlike for example, a US B1/B2 visa issued for some nationalities).... but the TRV can be issued for a maximum until the passport expiry. If someone's passport has a 10 year validity, it would seem like a 10 year TRV but it is not
I beg to differ...
Immigration and Refugee Protection regulation S0R/2002-227 specifically states and provides for “ issuing of a multiple entry visa to a maximum validity date of up to 10 years or one month before expiry date on travel document” anything less than that is an exception and would require the case officer to provide an explanation in the case not as per R 190(3)(f)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I beg to differ...
Immigration and Refugee Protection regulation S0R/2002-227 specifically states and provides for “ issuing of a multiple entry visa to a maximum validity date of up to 10 years or one month before expiry date on travel document” anything less than that is an exception and would require the case officer to provide an explanation in the case not as per R 190(3)(f)
The maximum validity date very clearly states a date that is until or before the passport expiry date.

TRVs are never issued for flat 10-years regardless of the passport expiry date. That's the reason I explained the difference with reference to the US B1/B2 visa in my previous post

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
It's never a 10 year visa (unlike for example, a US B1/B2 visa issued for some nationalities).... but the TRV can be issued for a maximum until the passport expiry. If someone's passport has a 10 year validity, it would seem like a 10 year TRV but it is not
I agree to a certain extent... that rule features in the regulations because there have been instances where some countries have issued 12 year validity passports so it that rule was not factored in that person would effectively get an 11 year 11 month validity..... but because of that specific section they will only be issued a maximum of 10 years...

Abby799

Apr 22, 2018
Hello!

Had a few more questions, if anyone can help.

Does having a multi entry TRV valid till the expiry of passport means that the person can visit Canada at any point of time till the expiry of visa.

Also, if travelling on a TRV then what documents other than the passport should a person carry handy for the immigration check.

Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Does having a multi entry TRV valid till the expiry of passport means that the person can visit Canada at any point of time till the expiry of visa.
Yes, you can travel at any point in time as long as your TRV is valid.

Also, if travelling on a TRV then what documents other than the passport should a person carry handy for the immigration check.
It's advisable to have a return ticket + adequate funds to support your stay even if a relative will take care of your expenses + proofs of ties to your home country (employment/enrollment in a study program, lease, etc)

MikeyMikeDude

Oct 3, 2018
A visa exists.
Can this happens before you are issued your passport back?
Basically does it mean one has been approved for a visa. Because at some point someone I know received this and a correspondence letter saying there was a date of validity stating they must be in Canada by 2019/01/31.

What does that mean ?

Upon arrival can a visa immigration officer in Canada determine how long you should stay?

shamleo84

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
i applied for visitor and got approval but counterfoil i just check in my login is showing 04/07/2027 exactly same as my biometrics expiry date.
i had given my biometrics last year on 04/07/2017 and it is valid until 04/07/2017 and my counterfoil expiry is also 04/07/2017.

i applied for visitor and got approval but counterfoil i just check in my login is showing 04/07/2027 exactly same as my biometrics expiry date.
i had given my biometrics last year on 04/07/2017 and it is valid until 04/07/2017 and my counterfoil expiry is also 04/07/2017.
My niece also sent me the same. She was asked to bring her passport on Friday and now she received an email that a final decision has been made. There is a date of 2028 August 11. Her biometrics was submitted on August 11, 2018. I guess she will have to wait for her passport back to see.

Teg1621

May 8, 2019
Bryanna
Please please I need your help
Actually , I applied both my parents visitor Visa in Dec 2018 but they rejected, my father is government employee in police.
I applied again just for my mother super visa in April, she got her Visa.
Now I am planning to apply my father Visa so I need your help because i have some questions regarding my father Visa, I am planning to apply visitor Visa again ,my question is

Proof of funds account is under My mom & dad name they have join account, is it fine .

2) I recently applied for mom so I have to wait for applying my dad Visa or I can apply right now

Miax1218

Apr 28, 2019
Hello,

I did apply for a TRV and the status now has changed to 'Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.' But there is no message below.

I did apply along with my passport.

Does that mean that my visa is approved. Also why is there no message update below in the messages section?

Please if anyone can clarify.

Thanks.
Final Decision APPROVED since May3 but no passport request email. What does this means?

Sanh

Apr 17, 2019
I applied on 4th April paper based .
Received an email on 4th April application dispatched to OC from VFS.Thursday
Received an email on 5th April application under process at the IRCC. FRIDAY
Then.................... long wait till..
Received an email on 9th May biometric validity information. Thursday
Received email on 12th May Passport Request Letter morning Sunday....
Submitted passport on Monday now now idea when will I receive passport waiting.... :)