+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Final approval of Study Permit

Rathin1960

Sep 7, 2017
My daughter has applied for study permit on 28th July, 2017. Her medical confirmation report has come on 29th August, 2017. But her final decision hasn't come yet till day today(7/9/17). Anybody can help me.

pigsty

Aug 26, 2017
I applied on July 11th, got medicals approved on August 11th and no updates yet. Went to VFS, they give some email ids to contact, did that, got some generic reply that they are processing application. No idea why they are keeping the decision for too long. Had seen many people getting visa approval/rejection after I applied. Contacting VFS won't do anything as they always we don't know. There is no direct number to embassy too. I am thinking if it is okay to approach legally to end this scam. Otherwise, we all should go and sit in front of the embassy to get the decision. I don't know what to say. I had got scholarships in US and Canada, but I selected Canada because people said that it is a more friendly nation. If this is the kind of friendliness i.e. screwing up one's career and not allowing him/her to pursue in another countries by holding the passport, I can't say anything. From what I heard, US may be bit unfriendly but it always act responsibly rather than this sissy and overhyped nation. I just wonder if they keep our passports and not return it.

My daughter has applied for study permit on 28th July, 2017. Her medical confirmation report has come on 29th August, 2017. But her final decision hasn't come yet till day today(7/9/17). Anybody can help me.

Glo1

Sep 6, 2017
I applied on July 11th, got medicals approved on August 11th and no updates yet. Went to VFS, they give some email ids to contact, did that, got some generic reply that they are processing application. No idea why they are keeping the decision for too long. Had seen many people getting visa approval/rejection after I applied. Contacting VFS won't do anything as they always we don't know. There is no direct number to embassy too. I am thinking if it is okay to approach legally to end this scam. Otherwise, we all should go and sit in front of the embassy to get the decision. I don't know what to say. I had got scholarships in US and Canada, but I selected Canada because people said that it is a more friendly nation. If this is the kind of friendliness i.e. screwing up one's career and not allowing him/her to pursue in another countries by holding the passport, I can't say anything. From what I heard, US may be bit unfriendly but it always act responsibly rather than this sissy and overhyped nation. I just wonder if they keep our passports and not return it.
You are right! This is just not right.

DEL71

Aug 22, 2017
You are right! This is just not right.
You are not alone. A similar story for my daughter, we have got offer from London based reputed university and ubc Vancouver. People recommend to go canada due to friendly country. As British person we have ignored the offer from uk univ. My daughter case is little different- online application was approved on 20/08 and they have not uploaded the passport submission letter to submit the passport at VFS. We are still sitting idle and waiting just for this letter since 20.0.17. We had complained, sent email, faxed and personally visit at embassy. But there are no positive response from canada embassy. Any idea how can get embassy responses on time.

Kanvig

Sep 2, 2017
You are not alone. A similar story for my daughter, we have got offer from London based reputed university and ubc Vancouver. People recommend to go canada due to friendly country. As British person we have ignored the offer from uk univ. My daughter case is little different- online application was approved on 20/08 and they have not uploaded the passport submission letter to submit the passport at VFS. We are still sitting idle and waiting just for this letter since 20.0.17. We had complained, sent email, faxed and personally visit at embassy. But there are no positive response from canada embassy. Any idea how can get embassy responses on time.
Hi,
That's similar situation happened to me. I applied online on Jun 6,2017. And get approval by Aug 28, 2017. And Today Sep,7 2017. So I've been waiting for approximately 12 weeks.
I think your daughter will get some responses soon. And there're some people I know get their status updates today.

DEL71

Aug 22, 2017
Hi,
That's similar situation happened to me. I applied online on Jun 6,2017. And get approval by Aug 28, 2017. And Today Sep,7 2017. So I've been waiting for approximately 12 weeks.
I think your daughter will get some responses soon. And there're some people I know get their status updates today.
Did you able to receive psssport request letter from embassy, please let me know.
I am stuck in similar. Situation.
Thanks

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
I have exactly the same feelings. Got admission in LSE and canada but I chose the former and now I am waiting for the visa. Even my parents are tensed and frustrated now. Seems like getting admission is not the only thing...visa is the biggest struggle for people like us. May God help us.

btw where did you apply from?

Kanvig

Sep 2, 2017
Did you able to receive psssport request letter from embassy, please let me know.
I am stuck in similar. Situation.
Thanks
I'm so sorry I missed typing the whole sentence for my first post.

Yes I did receive passport request from the embassy on Sep 7. And I've been waiting (approx) 2 weeks since I got final approval. And my school is going to start on Sep 11.

And to get the embassy response it might take one day to one month for them to respond us. I have no idea how they work. Anyway I think you will get it soon because it seems like lots of people get their status updates lately.

DEL71

Aug 22, 2017
I'm so sorry I missed typing the whole sentence for my first post.

Yes I did receive passport request from the embassy on Sep 7. And I've been waiting (approx) 2 weeks since I got final approval. And my school is going to start on Sep 11.

And to get the embassy response it might take one day to one month for them to respond us. I have no idea how they work. Anyway I think you will get it soon because it seems like lots of people get their status updates lately.
Great. Did they sent you email or online letter. I am still waiting for this letter. Raised query and email sent- but there are no response.

Kanvig

Sep 2, 2017
I
Great. Did they sent you email or online letter. I am still waiting for this letter. Raised query and email sent- but there are no response.
They sent it to my email. When your class start? Sometimes the embassy likes to ask for the passport at the last week before student's class start.

DEL71

Aug 22, 2017
I

They sent it to my email. When your class start? Sometimes the embassy likes to ask for the passport at the last week before student's class start.
Did you sent mail to embassy. How long they took to reply back you with letter. I have sent mail 1 week before, but no response yet.

Kanvig

Sep 2, 2017
Classes started on 5/9.
Tha
Did you sent mail to embassy. How long they took to reply back you with letter. I have sent mail 1 week before, but no response yet.
I did send email to the embassy (but i sent it before i get approved) and it took only 2 days for them to reply me. saying that
" During the current high travel season, the larger volumes of applications and some technical issues with our online system lengthened our processing times.

Our office will contact you if any further information or documentation is required from you.
Requests for expedition processing during our peak periods are accepted only if travel is urgent due to humanitarian situation, such as the sudden illness, accident, or death of a close family member. Only reasons beyond the applicant's control are taken into consideration."

after receiving the email, i got approval with in a day. then i've waited for 2 weeks. and just one day before i decided to send another email again, the embassy sent me the passport request letter to my email.

DEL71

Aug 22, 2017
Tha

I did send email to the embassy (but i sent it before i get approved) and it took only 2 days for them to reply me. saying that
" During the current high travel season, the larger volumes of applications and some technical issues with our online system lengthened our processing times.

Our office will contact you if any further information or documentation is required from you.
Requests for expedition processing during our peak periods are accepted only if travel is urgent due to humanitarian situation, such as the sudden illness, accident, or death of a close family member. Only reasons beyond the applicant's control are taken into consideration."

after receiving the email, i got approval with in a day. then i've waited for 2 weeks. and just one day before i decided to send another email again, the embassy sent me the passport request letter to my email.
You are so lucky. I did the same and they didn't reply me or email this letter. I got approval on 21/08 anc wrote email on 28/08. But no single response their end.

Kanvig

Sep 2, 2017
You are so lucky. I did the same and they didn't reply me or email this letter. I got approval on 21/08 anc wrote email on 28/08. But no single response their end.
Thank you.
Well how long have you been waiting for this visa? (i just checked the processing time in UK it said just 2 weeks)
and you know any body from UK have have the same problem?