+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling travel history after getting ITA

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
I wonder if you are deliberately trying to get people to have their applications rejected?

Are you struggling to get enough points yourself?

copypaper

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
You can use adobe acrobat XI pro (the professional version that costs money) to either create a "reduced size PDF" or an "optimized PDF". Optimized can be made even smaller than 'reduced size'. With a passport with lots of pages in colour you may be able to get it under 4MB at a slightly reduced image quality. Also consider converting to greyscale if colour is not required

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Dan_and,

I am a little confused, I have two country's of residence (Canada and UK) because I have work permit for both countries. I am moving to Canada in May. My questions are:

1) Can state that country of residence is Canada (because My husband is in Canada and Ill be in Canada at the stages of the PR application)
2) Can I include my husbands address Canadian address in my address details since I have spent last 6 months travelling between the UK and Canada
3) I am claiming work experience for my work in the UK till March as that was when I handed in my notice. Should I make my date effective from when I stopped working bearing in mind that I haven't included to and fro trips between UK and Canada since I am resident in both countries.

I am a little confused

tomts143

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
a situation in which a lot of people are hurrying to do or get something because they are frightened already don't pushing them panic lotusEsp, do it in a peace of mind u will get it

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
cic say they want 10 years you say people should only put 5!

we've seen people get their applications rejected for lack of requested information. I suggest you stop giving bad advice which isn't matching cic's clear requirements

Britanno-Columbien

Apr 8, 2015
hotshot007 said:
By the way do you need to provide proof of all these trips? I have almost 60-70 trips over the last 10 years and my passport is full of stamps. If I scan all these pages with my biographical data it would definitely be more than the 4 mb upload size.

Any thoughts on need of providing these pages?
The electronic application clearly asked for all pages in your passport bearing stamps, visas, or any other markings. So I'd definitely add those and let CIC do what it what they please (that's what my wife and I did; I don't envy the VO who has to decipher all those stamps).

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
Thanks for the info.

Another very specific question. I have been out of my country of citizenship since 17 and have been on student and employment visas for two different countries. Although, I do go back for vacations each year to my citizenship country, do I fill this section from the perspective of my citizenship country or my country of residence.

So for example, do i put that I have been on an "employment trip" for lets say 8 years from my citizenship country? Sorry just a bit confused on how I would best handle this as I also go visit other countries from my current country of residence.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
The travel section doesnt make any mention of your country of citizenship does it?

You need to provide details of all trips outside your current country of residence (where you are living)
therefore if you take a trip from your current country to your home country - thats a trip you need to put down

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Dentist D.M.D said:
Hi
What if I have a new passport recently, and I do not have my old one anymore?
the passport you scan and upload, is your current valid passport - not older expired ones.

asuka00021

Nov 17, 2015
The Robust said:
Only mention those trips in which your passport was stamped for exit or arrival
HI Guys,
Im in the same situation as well - so do we only have to provide the trips that have passport stamp?
Reason is I went to Hong Kong (visiting home) between 2014 July-August, but while staying in Hong Kong I went to Taiwan for a 5 days trip too. When I applied to eAPR I didn't see any passport stamp from Taiwan so I didn't include that trip in my travel history.

I just want to make sure that's fine, or else I figure I would have to submit a case specific enquiry to explain that i went to Taiwan too, with my flight ticket itenary as proof.... what should I do?

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to provide all trips you have done, regardless of whether your passport have been stamped or not. In some cases (myself included) this may be difficult because one may not kept a detailed record as CIC requests. I have travelled a lot throughout Europe by car and train and cannot remember which countries I visited when. I included as many as I remember and did include all the countries I've been to, but in some cases the dates are not accurate. I've explained this in a LOE and it has been accepted. (got PPR a few weeks ago). You should still try to do your best in this cases.

Including all the trips you got a stamp in your passport is the bare minimum you should do, because this is something they can very easily check. If they see a stamp that you did not declare, they may reject your application.

It perhaps unlikely they'll ever find out about your trip to Taiwan, but also there's no harm sending a CSE explaining your trip, and there is no need to send proof. I'd rather be safe than sorry.