+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling travel history after getting ITA

asuka00021

Nov 17, 2015
eddie_in_NL said:
You need to provide all trips you have done, regardless of whether your passport have been stamped or not. In some cases (myself included) this may be difficult because one may not kept a detailed record as CIC requests. I have travelled a lot throughout Europe by car and train and cannot remember which countries I visited when. I included as many as I remember and did include all the countries I've been to, but in some cases the dates are not accurate. I've explained this in a LOE and it has been accepted. (got PPR a few weeks ago). You should still try to do your best in this cases.

Including all the trips you got a stamp in your passport is the bare minimum you should do, because this is something they can very easily check. If they see a stamp that you did not declare, they may reject your application.

It perhaps unlikely they'll ever find out about your trip to Taiwan, but also there's no harm sending a CSE explaining your trip, and there is no need to send proof. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Thanks a lot! So sending a CSE would not bring more any side effect to the application? Since I have not been requested Schedule A so far (I have been asked for Police Certificate and Schedule 4/4A) I think the officer may not consider my travel history as incomplete to reject (maybe because all stamps are explained) - In this case, as long as the CSE does not harm unnecessarily, I would be glad to send it in :)

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, need your help regarding travel history.

I have lived in 3 countries (Origin + 2 countries working)

For my origin (Spain) i am clear, all the trips i made from Spain, even there is no stamp in the passport, i remember them. For example:

02/2011-02-2011 3 days Oslo, Norway Tourism
04/2011-05-2011 7 days Rome, Italy Visit friends
[...]

Now the problem is in my next country of residence (China), where i was 1 year with tourist visa and 1 year with working visa (Resident).

During that time i went a lot of times to Hong Kong (I was a half hour trip, and i need it to go for different reasons as Visa renewal, consulate matters, tourism, etc.) I have many one day or weekend trip.

My question is, i have to include only the times i went to hong kong, or also when i came to china?

For example, i should just put:

01/2013-02-2014 370 days Shenzhen, China Work
02/2013-02-2013 1 days Hong Kong Visa Renewal
04/2013-05-2013 3 days Hong Kong Tourism
[...]

or

01/2013-02-2013 36 days Shenzhen, China Work
02/2013-02-2013 1 days Hong Kong Visa Renewal
02/2013-04-2013 52 days Shenzhen, China Working
04/2013-05-2013 3 days Hong Kong Tourism
05/2013-06-2013 30 days Shenzhen, China Working
[...]

*Like this during two years (Not including trips to my origin country)

My current country (Hong Kong) is easy, as i am resident here i only include trips to other countries are not my origin.
The problem is in my stay in China. Also i don't know if there is difference between when i had Working visa and Tourist Visa.

Appreciate if someone can help.

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we have to include flight transfers? Even we do not leave the airport?

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Hello guys, I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
I have to submit my online EE application (after ITA) soon.
My question is:
I have filled the section about the travel history.
1) Do I have to scan and submit ONLY my actual passport?
2) Or do I have to scan and submit also MY OLD PASSPORTS?
The problem is, I had 4 passports in last 10 years, but I can't find one of them.
If I have to add copies of old passports as well, what should I do for the one that I cannot find?
I really need your HELP please!!! ???

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Matt-NL,

You have to submit your current passport only. You need to send all pages that are not blank, though I recommend scanning and sending every page, including the blank ones, just to avoid any further problems.

You do not need to send old passports unless explicitly requested by them.

Ref. Earlier Question on flight transfer, no you do not need to include them unless you left the airport for some reason during the transfer.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
eddie_in_NL said:
Matt-NL,

You have to submit your current passport only. You need to send all pages that are not blank, though I recommend scanning and sending every page, including the blank ones, just to avoid any further problems.

You do not need to send old passports unless explicitly requested by them.

Ref. Earlier Question on flight transfer, no you do not need to include them unless you left the airport for some reason during the transfer.
Their instructions say:

"Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)

You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport or travel document bio data page.

If using your passport, include a copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.

Your travel document must show proof of status (citizenship or residency), as well as photo identification. Your travel document must be issued by a government and include your name, photo, date of birth, document number, and the issue and expiry dates, if applicable. A travel document is used only by individuals who cannot obtain a passport."

Bio data page is enough, no need to scan the whole passport.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Thank you for the answers, guys.
The actual valid passport that I have is very new. Issued in January 2015. Canada visas and entry stamps are on this passport. But in the travel history for the last 10 years I used other passports.
Is travel history only a DECLARATION and you declare, that's it? Or do you need to show proofs (like visas and stamps on previous passports)?
Please clarify, friends.
I have to submit application today!!!
Waiting this confirmation from seniors.
Please help!

ninab

Jan 13, 2017
Hi everyone. I read everyone's responses but I am still confused with this process...

I was 18 when I moved to Canada in 2012. After that, I traveled back to my country couple of times to visit family, and then I traveled a bit from Canada to other countries for vacation.
The application says that I should include all travelling since my 18th birthday.

So do I include every time I traveled from my country to Canada and say "studying" as the purpose, OR do I write everything as if I travel from Canada to my country and say "vacation" as the purpose?

I hope I was able to explain it properly, I am so confused.
I really appreciate any help! :)

mvd

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Wanted your valuable opinion regarding my:

A. Travel History.

1. Should the travel date start when I leave my native country or when I land in the visiting country?

2. Should the travel date end when I leave the visiting country or when I land in my native country?

3. How should I include my travel (transit visa) during layover because my passport has a transit visa stamp, hence I have to mention it in travel history?

eg. Started from South Africa on 13.12.2014 night, landed in Istanbul on 14.12.2014 morning (took transit visa and roamed the city) then took same evening flight to India and reached on 15.12.2014 morning.

B.ADDRESS HISTORY

1. With reference to point no.3 from travel history, how should I mention this in my address history ?

As in my visa it is mentioned as below:

Exit from South Africa - 13.12.2014
Transit Visa - 14.12.2014
Entered India - 15.12.2014

As you can see above, on 14.12.2014 I was on a layover. So, in my address history I can mention my address in south Africa up till 13.12.2014. My next address history column mentions 15.12.2014 in India so I have 1 day GAP (for 14.12.2014).

SO HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS GAP ISSUE IN ADDRESS HISTORY?

Thanks In advance

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
I have not taken any trips in the last ten years outside of my country of residence but my wife of 15 months have taken trips to my country of residence in US to see me; now given the wording from travel history page:
Has MR. ABC, and if applicable, Mr. ABC's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.

Do I need to list my wife's travel? If yes, then how do I do it since she's the only one who's traveled.

Thanks.

sidy1116

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-07-2017
Check in her passport for stamps . if the total stay to any country since her 18 years is more than 6 months you have to provide a PCC .

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
sidy1116 said:
Check in her passport for stamps . if the total stay to any country since her 18 years is more than 6 months you have to provide a PCC .
Thank you sidy1116, but my concern is should I answer this question as yes even though I haven't traveled at all in the last ten years but my wife has traveled. However, if I say yes then how is it possible to indicate that it's my wife who traveled and not me.

I had applied for PCCs last month for myself and wife and will upload them once they are available.

Thanks.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
rkhan15 said:
I have not taken any trips in the last ten years outside of my country of residence but my wife of 15 months have taken trips to my country of residence in US to see me; now given the wording from travel history page:
Has MR. ABC, and if applicable, Mr. ABC's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.

Do I need to list my wife's travel? If yes, then how do I do it since she's the only one who's traveled.

Thanks.
You list your history there. Your wife has her own travel history section if she's accompanying.

Nitewalker

Oct 2, 2014
Can anyone help me I read the whole post I am still confused. During my past ten years my country of residence changed however I did travel back and fourth to my origin country. Adding trips from my origin country while I was living there is easy. Now for the trips from Residence to origin country, Should I include it from the perspective of origin country or from residence country or from both for the same trip.

For e.g. my origin country is India but I work in UAE while working there i took a trip to India for family visit. Should I include it as a trip to India or trip to UAE for work or should I include it from both perspective.

One more thing I have a spouse accompanying me should I include her travel in the same section where I am listing my trips or not. Your help is very much appreciated.