+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling travel history after getting ITA

Nitewalker

Oct 2, 2014
student7872014 said:
Trips between country of residence and origin do not need to be included, as it says on CIC.
Thank you very much for your response can you tell me where does it say I am very confused because in this forum many senior members say you have to include it.

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
I have included trips between my origin and residence country, but this is primarily because I have often used an airport close to my origin country which is not in that country (which is cheaper to fly to than my hometown).

Lyraphoenix

Feb 18, 2017
Matt-NL said:
Hello guys, I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
I have to submit my online EE application (after ITA) soon.
My question is:
I have filled the section about the travel history.
1) Do I have to scan and submit ONLY my actual passport?
2) Or do I have to scan and submit also MY OLD PASSPORTS?
The problem is, I had 4 passports in last 10 years, but I can't find one of them.
If I have to add copies of old passports as well, what should I do for the one that I cannot find?
I really need your HELP please!!! ???
Hi Matt, have you managed to solve this as i am in the same situation whereby i can't find one of my spouse's old passport and i don't think he can remember the travels he has done during that period as well. Dunno what to do now because how do we gather travelling information if not from his passport? Please advice.

soumya2k2

Star Member
May 4, 2010
United Kingdom
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-08-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
07-08-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2017
Trips between country of residence and origin do not need to be included, as it says on CIC.
I would like to disagree on this unless proved otherwise. Please can you provide the link where you have seen this on the CIC website?

swap10287

Nov 23, 2016
HI All,
I recently got an ITA and have started filling up the application form.
In the travel history section, it asks to mention all details of all the overseas trips which one must have taken.

My concern is,
My wife had passport with her old surname when I and my wife had gone to honeymoon immediately after our marriage.
Now her new passport have arrived with her surname change.
While entering travel details for me, I select the reason for travel as Honeymoon.
But in my wife's new passport, there is no stamping of Visa now.
So, while entering travel history for her, should I enter our honeymoon travel details or I should enter nothing basis the current name and passport.

If I enter my travel details as Honeymoon and no entry is made for my wife's section, will that be an issue?
Apart from honeymoon, my wife also had travelled to other countries on her previous passport, do I need to mention that too ?

We are applying with her new name and passport along with me as a primary applicant.

Please help and provide your views.

Thanks

duxen

Feb 22, 2014
Hi, just one question

I keep being asked this information even though I already sent them the form with my information

-Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information.

a little background, I'm from Mexico and haven't done much international trips other than connection flights to US to get into Mexico (origin country) and Canada (residence country) which are no more than 1 day, I have done some vacations to the US as well, I registered in the forms my travels for the connection flights and US vacations but I'm still wondering if I should add any trips I have done inside Canada and in Mexico as the request above mentions "including citizenship and resident document information"

if anyone could help would be awesome
thanks

agentsophy

Apr 26, 2017
If I'm not wrong, it says country of origin OR country of residence, not And, please check. I work and live in UAE and am from India, I barely lived in India as

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I'm not wrong, it says country of origin OR country of residence, not And, please check. I work and live in UAE and am from India, I barely lived in India as
I see. Well, many people do not include those travels, but others do...
Regardless, I have not seen a single rejection because of this...

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would like to disagree on this unless proved otherwise. Please can you provide the link where you have seen this on the CIC website?
Maybe it was "or" but not "and"... I was wrong if that was the case

Many people do not include those travels, but others do...
Regardless, I have not seen a single rejection because of this...

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
The question for that section is pretty clear - it says list all travel outside country of origin OR residence in the last 10 years - which means you do not need to include those trips between the 2. Question though is if your country of residence keeps changing during the 10 year period, then can you exclude between country of origin and all of them based on time period or only the latest country of residence.

The other challenge is the CIC tool does not allow more than 30 trip entries - rest would need to go into LOE especially if one had many trips between country of origin and residence.

soumya2k2

Star Member
May 4, 2010
United Kingdom
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-08-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
07-08-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2017
The question for that section is pretty clear - it says list all travel outside country of origin OR residence in the last 10 years - which means you do not need to include those trips between the 2. Question though is if your country of residence keeps changing during the 10 year period, then can you exclude between country of origin and all of them based on time period or only the latest country of residence.

The other challenge is the CIC tool does not allow more than 30 trip entries - rest would need to go into LOE especially if one had many trips between country of origin and residence.
Yes, thats why you need to add the additional travel details in your LOE. I did the same. The question states country of origin OR residence. So being on the safe side, its best to list all travel history.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Hi guys,

Just a question-how spot-on accurate does the travel history need to be, in terms of dates?

I have a very extensive travel history, and the passport with most of the travel history (which is my previous one, as I just got a renewed one) is like a cluttered mosaic of stamps; immigration officers used to flip through page after page to find a spare space to place my entry stamp! So basically, it may even be difficult for me to read all the entry and exit stamps.

Secondly, does the travel history format have a pre-specified template in the e-APR, or does one create their own document with this history?

Thanks!

ca_hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Question : Imagine I submit my express entry application today with all my past travel history and submit it. But, I have an upcoming trip next month to another country (while the application is being processed). Will this be a problem? Is it required to inform cic about my upcoming trips when the application is in process?

fdurr

Jul 4, 2017
Following is my question

1- I stayed in Canada for 4 years. In the first 2 years I did my Masters and after that I worked and than after 4 years I moved to US for my PhD. Now I am applying for PR card and I have got ITA. During my stay in Canada I visited US multiple times through the land border. Now when filling the travel history form should I use Canada as country of origin and just mention entry and exit to US or should I mention entry and exit for both US and Canada.
For example, if I left Canada for US on July 13,2011 and came back on July 18,2011 then should it have two entries one for Canada entry and exit and other for US entry and exit ?

Live life

May 6, 2017
Under travel history do we need to mention trips made between country of origin and country of residence ( my country of origin is India and country of residence is Singapore)?