+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling out IMM0008

finalexodus90

Aug 23, 2018
Hi, my situation is as follows:

1. I'm not a Canadian citizen or PR.
2. My wife is naturalized canadian, who will sponsor me for spouse PR
3. I have 2 sons, Son A who lives in the US (Not a canadian citizen and will not be applying for PR) but is not dependent because he is 28, and Son B who is a Canadian citizen and is my dependent.

Do I have to fill out the Dependents section in IMM0008 for my wife, son A, and son B?

the instructions say: you must include your spouse and all of your dependent children, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.

I'm assuming I don't have to put my wife (Canadian) and either of my sons (Son A = non dependent, and Son B = Canadian). Am I wrong?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, my situation is as follows:

1. I'm not a Canadian citizen or PR.
2. My wife is naturalized canadian, who will sponsor me for spouse PR
3. I have 2 sons, Son A who lives in the US (Not a canadian citizen and will not be applying for PR) but is not dependent because he is 28, and Son B who is a Canadian citizen and is my dependent.

Do I have to fill out the Dependents section in IMM0008 for my wife, son A, and son B?

the instructions say: you must include your spouse and all of your dependent children, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.

I'm assuming I don't have to put my wife (Canadian) and either of my sons (Son A = non dependent, and Son B = Canadian). Am I wrong?
Hi

None of them are dependents.