+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling closed work permit application

harsh2235

Mar 19, 2024
Need recommendations from personal experience:

I contacted one RCIC agent who suggested that as a strategic move, I should move my LMIA based closed work permit application first, come to Canada, get my 3 pay stubs, and then submit file for my wife's SOWP.

Earlier I was of the view that I'll be submitting application of my wife's SOWP with my file only. But he suggested otherwise.

Does submitting file for both at once, increases the chance of refusal?

If anyone has any experience and suggestions in regard to this, please help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Need recommendations from personal experience:

I contacted one RCIC agent who suggested that as a strategic move, I should move my LMIA based closed work permit application first, come to Canada, get my 3 pay stubs, and then submit file for my wife's SOWP.

Earlier I was of the view that I'll be submitting application of my wife's SOWP with my file only. But he suggested otherwise.

Does submitting file for both at once, increases the chance of refusal?

If anyone has any experience and suggestions in regard to this, please help.
What is your NOC? What stream - low or high stream?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
NOC12200 Accounting Technician and Bookkeeper.

High wage.
I would have your spouse apply at same time. SOWPs can take a long time and if in high wage stream then not sure what the “strategic” move is. You could be in Canada for a year before spouse is approved if you wait until you are in Canada. Where do you live?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/open-work-permit-spouses-dependent-children.html