+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipinos and POLO The good,The bad and The in between about Julve and Company

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At least he has a better life now :D

I think it's nice that Canadians are not too preoccupied with worldly goods. I drive an old Taurus myself and nobody is pointing and laughing at me.

migwelder

Star Member
Oct 22, 2008
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Nomination.....
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
Med's Request
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
So you can tell if a Philippine official is honest if he/she stays longer in Canada and that's happy to know. Your correct BCguy, I will accept the coldest weather in Canada just to have a better life.

paulie

Oct 7, 2008
Your story is very embarassing but true...this is the state of the Philippine goverment today. But there is also another face of the filipino ....hardworking, honest, optimistic and willing to better themselves ...

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Exactly,That side of the Filipino leaves and moves overseas,The honest hard working ones leave with the lesser ones staying behind

c.serrano

Nov 14, 2008
Just an update on the status of the POLO authentication:

A friend of mine called up POLO in Vancouver to follow-up if his name appears on the list of verified job offers since it's been 3 weeks already. The guy he was able to talk to says that he can't find it and that it might have been lost in the mail. He said that some people sent their papers to POLO in Toronto and some in the wrong address. Apparently somebody published the wrong address (East Hastings instead of West Hastings) on another website and so people have been sending documents and checks to a wrong address in East Hastings. I'm not sure what's going on with them right now but even on their website (http://vancouverpcg.net/pcg/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=3) a different address is posted. Have they moved? Nobody knows.

This is exactly what I was saying in my earlier post on this thread. There is a lack of accurate information about the POLO and its procedures, so people are getting the wrong information somewhere else.

Here are links that are related to this thread, I encourage everybody to read them:

http://www.adoborepublic.net/questionable-live-in-caregiver-program-contract.html

http://bbayani.proboards56.com/index.cgi?board=cua&action=print&thread=2497

http://bbayani.proboards56.com/index.cgi?board=cua&action=display&thread=3812&page=41

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
There are only 2 guys working there,Julve ,His welfare Officer and the 2 female administrative staff.Their Adress at 675 West Hastings hasnt changed since they moved out of the consulate,The Phone number is still the same.But of course,They never answer it.Please be advised that the number of lost papers has reached in the hundreds.A prominent Philippine Canadian Community Leader will be meeting with the Philippine labour minister in the new year with a petition signed by hundreds of Filipino Associations asking for the head of Julve

AlanAmil

Nov 14, 2008
BCguy said:
There are only 2 guys working there,Julve ,His welfare Officer and the 2 female administrative staff.Their Adress at 675 West Hastings hasnt changed since they moved out of the consulate,The Phone number is still the same.But of course,They never answer it.Please be advised that the number of lost papers has reached in the hundreds.A prominent Philippine Canadian Community Leader will be meeting with the Philippine labour minister in the new year with a petition signed by hundreds of Filipino Associations asking for the head of Julve
That is a good news then, people here in PI having difficulties getting an exit clearance without the Polo verification. Hope, the process for getting verified will not takes longer than expected or if it is possible to sunset it.

migwelder

Star Member
Oct 22, 2008
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Nomination.....
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
Med's Request
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
BCguy said:
Any updates on this meeting with Julve?

macky

Feb 25, 2009
@BCguy

i got my working permit last feb, 01, 2009... ( At Last ) My employer signed the documents needed and pass to POLO in vancouver, how long would it take to send the document to POEA manila...???

Can i take my PDOS while im waiting for the documents from POLO to email to POEA manila?

It would be a much help if you could help me out here... Godbless...

My name is : Mark B. Hebreo

kbm

Feb 26, 2009
hi Bc Guy

Can you help me with this POLO contract...Im a provincial nominee under employer direct priority assessment stream, and have a pre approved job offer and support letter for temporary work permit application from CIC Canada multicultural division.Does my emlployer still need to apply for this verified contract? we dont have LMO only the approval letter and request for temporary work permit..

thank you God bless

gangster_22

Jan 19, 2009
I've been to Hongkong for 5 months, just to get my current employer in Canada. And yes, i have witnessed with my own eyes and in fact i sent 2 friends to Hongkong Airport going to Canada and they all came from Philippines. Just so to avoid that POLO, they came to Hongkong as tourist and stayed there for days and from there, they purchased their ticket to Canada. I never left those 2 friends until they've been cleared. Yes, as long as you have your canadian visa no questions asked they went that easy.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
gangster_22 said:
I've been to Hongkong for 5 months, just to get my current employer in Canada. And yes, i have witnessed with my own eyes and in fact i sent 2 friends to Hongkong Airport going to Canada and they all came from Philippines. Just so to avoid that POLO, they came to Hongkong as tourist and stayed there for days and from there, they purchased their ticket to Canada. I never left those 2 friends until they've been cleared. Yes, as long as you have your canadian visa no questions asked they went that easy.
Others use Singapore,Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok

eshay

Aug 1, 2010
i just want to share my bad experience in POLO where all my dreams got lost because of it. I have already my visa and letter of approval and attended all the seminars required here in the Philippines, but because of POLO requirements which is asking of too many papers from my employer makes worst. My employer backed out her job offer to me, reason of too long period of waiting and another additional papers asking again and again, they looked for another one who is already there to replaced me. After almost 2 years of waiting... it ends of nothing. :-[

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
eshay said:
i just want to share my bad experience in POLO where all my dreams got lost because of it. I have already my visa and letter of approval and attended all the seminars required here in the Philippines, but because of POLO requirements which is asking of too many papers from my employer makes worst. My employer backed out her job offer to me, reason of too long period of waiting and another additional papers asking again and again, they looked for another one who is already there to replaced me. After almost 2 years of waiting... it ends of nothing. :-[
That is sad. You should probably write the Philippine government and let them know that with their excessive requirements, the Filipino workers are missing opportunities at improving their lot.