Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
solowista_07 said:
BCguy said:
What do you do????
Oh sorry BCguy... I was not able to indicate my position in the 1st inquiry.

II will be working as a guest relation service officer in a 4 star hotel in Calgary.

Many Thanks!
Thats covered under our PNP Pilot Project

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BCguy said:
solowista_07 said:
BCguy said:
What do you do????

II will be working as a guest relation service officer in a 4 star hotel in Calgary.

Many Thanks!
I don't think that BC PNP extends to Alberta.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It might be covered in AB too. If it's NOC code 6435 for front desk agent / clerk, it would be covered. Also 6453, food and beverage servers and 6661 room attendant. AB has some limits on how many people can be sponsored by the same employer under semi skilled but if it's easier in BC, once on a work permit, no problem looking around and seeing about getting another job in BC covered under their PNP and get a new work permit for that. AINP can be found at http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/semiskilledworkers.html

c.serrano

Nov 14, 2008
Re: Filipinos and POLO The good,The bad and The in between about Julve and Comp

Some employers that I've talked to have no problems with the POLO requirements, except for the part where they have to provide a photocopy of their ID. Canadians are advised not to disclose personal information because they might be victims of "Identity Theft". An ID is never a requirement when getting an LMO or E-LMO eligibility from HRSDC. So now employers cancel the employment instead of exposing themselves to possible identity theft.

Do other employers feel this way too or are the ones I know just paranoid?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
PMM said:
Hi

BCguy said:
solowista_07 said:
BCguy said:
What do you do????

Many Thanks!
I don't think that BC PNP extends to Alberta.

PMM
Sorry Didnt read the post correctly,It should read that in BC It is covered.Sorry

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976

c.serrano said:
Some employers that I've talked to have no problems with the POLO requirements, except for the part where they have to provide a photocopy of their ID. Canadians are advised not to disclose personal information because they might be victims of "Identity Theft". An ID is never a requirement when getting an LMO or E-LMO eligibility from HRSDC. So now employers cancel the employment instead of exposing themselves to possible identity theft.

The reason for this is that there are fake employers using Fake names where workers arrive to none existant jobs,So send copies of I.D which identity theft will be hard to use,Like Canadian Passport with date of Birth Blocked out,NO SIN,NO DATE OF BIRTH,NO ADDRESS

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976

c.serrano said:

I have good news about this,I had Julve grilled by one of my friends at a recent Immigration Forum and He agreed to any ID with a human face,So Memberships cards,Annual Bus Passes,Association ID,Costco Cards???will now be acceptable according to him

gef1224

Nov 25, 2008
hello everyone..just new here in this forum..

am seeking help regarding this verification of employment contract by POLO..I received my visa last November 15, '08, and last week i went to poea for my documents to be process to issue my OEC. I am surprised about this new POEA's memorandum about this verification matter. POEA let me attend pdos but my exit pass or as they now called it E-receipt is on hold because of this memorandum. They advised me to inform by email or fax the POLO in Toronto for my document verification, I also emailed my employer, attached my passport stamped visa, my employment contract and the letter from Canadian Embassy MAnila confirmed approved application for twp, to inform them about this verification. But it's been a week that I emailed my employer and POLO and there's no response from them yet.

I really need some inputs to what would be the best thing to do for this verification process...i hope that somebody will share their experience...

good day to all and god speed(",)

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Be prepared to wait a few months if you cant wait.....,Well look at my past posts on other options some people have done

c.serrano

Nov 14, 2008

BCguy said:
I have good news about this,I had Julve grilled by one of my friends at a recent Immigration Forum and He agreed to any ID with a human face,So Memberships cards,Annual Bus Passes,Association ID,Costco Cards???will now be acceptable according to him
Thank you BCGuy for voicing the things in this forum to Mr. Julve. I do hope that he (and the Filipino community in Canada) can come up with a different solution to the fake employer problem soon because POLO's rules are doing more harm than good to the Filipino workers.

I've already met and talked to 9 people who are stuck here because their employers who are legitimate and have been hiring Filipinos regularly do not want to bother with these new requirements (and costs) anymore. I hope Mr. Julve would realize and admit his mistakes/inefficient implementation, sooner rather than later.

gef1224, I suggest you become more pro-active. Talk to your employer. See if you can help him in completing the requirements. Send your complaints to Mr. Julve, his email address is vancouverpolo@yahoo.ca , cross your fingers and hope that he listens.

solowista_07

Sep 28, 2008
Leon said:
It might be covered in AB too. If it's NOC code 6435 for front desk agent / clerk, it would be covered. Also 6453, food and beverage servers and 6661 room attendant. AB has some limits on how many people can be sponsored by the same employer under semi skilled but if it's easier in BC, once on a work permit, no problem looking around and seeing about getting another job in BC covered under their PNP and get a new work permit for that. AINP can be found at http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/semiskilledworkers.html
Thanks Leon!

gef1224

Nov 25, 2008
@ c.serrano thanks for your advice,,i emailed again my employer and replied already informing me that they already called and emailed POLO and still waiting receipt of the form needed to complete finish the verification process. I hope that there will be no problem processing it.