Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
migwelder said:
Can the Canadian government pressure the Philippines to abolished or make some improvements in this POLO thing so employers in Canada can have a smooth processing of papers for their workers, if not tell them that you won't be recruiting more Pinoys in the future.
No,Canada does not dictate Foriegn Policy to other countries,We are not the US,You can pressure your goverment,We cant

azra

Nov 20, 2008
hi BCguy, thank you for this post., anyway I have another problem with this new memorandum.. I just applied for a temporary work permit as a registered nurse in Canada.. I already passed the Canadian Registered Nurse Exam on a visitors visa and I actually have a pending immigrant application. I was offered a full time permanent job from a big community hospital in Ontario.. but since I was requested to work as soon as possible I applied for a work visa instead of waiting for my permanent resident.. Then suddenly the new momorandum came into the picture.. direct hires need to request for the authenticated contract with the signed addendum but unfortunately my employer would'nt want to sign the addendum ... because she said they have complied with the Ontario employment standards and the addendum is against their policy. I tried to ask POLO Toronto about my problem and said they could not verify my contract unless my employer agrees to the addendum.. so I am left hanging ... I am still waiting for my visa but I do not think I can still leave the Philippines because POEA will not issue an exit clearance without the verified contract. This memorandum seems really unfair.. my employer is legal.. they have a very good compensation offer as well as benefits.. ( only those in the addendum are not covered) I have complete medical and dental allowance after 3 months, and I have a pension, my contract is good for 3 years ... I hope there is still something I can do....
thanks in advance..

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Escaping from the Philippines,Illegal But effective as seen in many cases

You are in a mess,Thats Why I personally recomend going in as a PNP nominee.If you want contact futuresearch and They can arrange a BC PNP Nomination from one of their clients,Since you already passed the nursing exam,It should go faster,Another thing I have seen done and I emphasize SEEN,not being allowed to give illegal advice,They buy a round trip ticket to Hong Kong,Then once in Hong Kong they purchase a ticket to Canada.You are not stopped because you are headed only to Hong Kong for a "Holiday"then you have a valid Canadian visa,you"escape"to Canada.This is illegal under Philippine law,But If you are desperate.....

azra

Nov 20, 2008
Hi BCguy. thanks for the options. I also heard about similar cases like that. I am still hoping something will be done, as much as I wanted to follow Philippine Government rules and laws, but I think they are the ones pushing me to break the rules. If worst comes to worst and that is the only option left, will I not be questioned in Canadian port of entry???( I know that the POEA thing is only needed here for exit) I just want to make sure. I also have a valid tourist visa to Canada, that is another option. It was really frustrating .... after all the efforts of finding a good employer, the Philippine government would like me to bribe my employer to just sign the addendum..... this is really something.. . Thanks a lot. I just hope I am the only person with this dilemma... God bless...

daintylou77

Nov 20, 2008
BCguy said:
POLO is the shortcut for the Philippine Overseas labour offices in Toronto and Vancouver,The new laws require all jobs to be authenticated by POLO before a Filipino contract worker can depart the Philippines to leave for Canada.This has led to lots of red tape,But at the same time has reduced the number of Filipinos victimized by fake job offers.Filipinos on the other hand have lost jobs because of the red tape which turns off Canadian Employers.So hopefully If Filipinos have concerns about POLO,It can covered here.
Hi BCguy,

I've been waiting for the verification from POLO-Vancouver for a month now, and I'm quiet disappointed kasi ako nalang yata ang di pa na deploy out of 13 na nakasabay ko sa PDOS (5 persons were deployed in canada, exluding myself, 4 to new zealand, & 3 to middle east). I've been calling the poea-cdo office here 6 times a day, and ang sinasabi lang eh, wala pa daw docs ko doon sa Vancouver. I sent an email dun sa agent ko and she told that she already submitted it in POLO-Vancouver, the problem now is,...bakit wala pa dun ang docs ko?....please help me with this...pang second time ko nang na re-sked yung flight ko...

Thanks and I'm hoping for your advise...

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
azra said:
Hi BCguy. thanks for the options. I also heard about similar cases like that. I am still hoping something will be done, as much as I wanted to follow Philippine Government rules and laws, but I think they are the ones pushing me to break the rules. If worst comes to worst and that is the only option left, will I not be questioned in Canadian port of entry???( I know that the POEA thing is only needed here for exit) I just want to make sure. I also have a valid tourist visa to Canada, that is another option. It was really frustrating .... after all the efforts of finding a good employer, the Philippine government would like me to bribe my employer to just sign the addendum..... this is really something.. . Thanks a lot. I just hope I am the only person with this dilemma... God bless...
I cannot comment on a illegal action or recomend it except to say that I have SEEN plenty of Filipinos here who HAVE DONE that and you are not the only one in that dillema

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
daintylou77 said:
BCguy said:
POLO is the shortcut for the Philippine Overseas labour offices in Toronto and Vancouver,The new laws require all jobs to be authenticated by POLO before a Filipino contract worker can depart the Philippines to leave for Canada.This has led to lots of red tape,But at the same time has reduced the number of Filipinos victimized by fake job offers.Filipinos on the other hand have lost jobs because of the red tape which turns off Canadian Employers.So hopefully If Filipinos have concerns about POLO,It can covered here.
Hi BCguy,

I've been waiting for the verification from POLO-Vancouver for a month now, and I'm quiet disappointed kasi ako nalang yata ang di pa na deploy out of 13 na nakasabay ko sa PDOS (5 persons were deployed in canada, exluding myself, 4 to new zealand, & 3 to middle east). I've been calling the poea-cdo office here 6 times a day, and ang sinasabi lang eh, wala pa daw docs ko doon sa Vancouver. I sent an email dun sa agent ko and she told that she already submitted it in POLO-Vancouver, the problem now is,...bakit wala pa dun ang docs ko?....please help me with this...pang second time ko nang na re-sked yung flight ko...

Thanks and I'm hoping for your advise...
Please post in English as you are on a ENGLISH FORUM,Maski marunong ako Mag-tagalog.I speak fair Filipino because my wife is Filipina.I have already given a option some people have used already above.or Contact me by PM and i can inquire with POLO for you

solowista_07

Sep 28, 2008
BCguy said:
Thats why I push IMMIGRATION under PNP,That way they can say goodbye forever to the Philippines and Never have to go back except for Vacation.Forget becoming TFW s Immigrate to Canada,once you have experienced honest good goverment its hard to go back to the Philippines.Filipinos are valued by us here,Too bad a nice people like you guys got rotten goverment by our standards
Hi BCguy... Just want to know if am already 6 months in canada can i apply for PNP ? and Is it possible that my compnay will assist me on that ? I have a 2 yrs contarct with the company.One of my friend informed me that i am able to be immigrant in canada after 6 months if i will pally for a pnp. Is this true or it depends on different status.

Thnx in advance...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are on a skilled permit, you can apply for PNP as soon as your employer will do it for you. If you are on a semi skilled permit in BC and your occupation is on their list, you have to work for 9 months before you can apply. If you are in the same situation but in AB, you would have to work 6 months.

solowista_07

Sep 28, 2008
BCguy said:
What do you do????
Oh sorry BCguy... I was not able to indicate my position in the 1st inquiry.

II will be working as a guest relation service officer in a 4 star hotel in Calgary.

Many Thanks!

Budong

Mar 12, 2008
The Phil. Goverment has a point of taking care of their fellow Filipinos, and putting us on the list of OFW with whatever documentations they are doing, though it's obvious that they are also making this an excuse for getting money, the reason is valid, like for instance, I have a friend who went to Canada outside the Philippines where he is legally residing, whatever happens to him in Canada, and will be needing some asistance from our office (POLO) in Canada it will be easy for them to track down the employer and agency who is responsible for that worker,but since he is not documented (Philippine lists of OFW) he might have a problem in seeking for the asistance, or might not have the benefits the Goverment is usually giving (OWWA,Philhealth and so on).......

What is the least they can do to us if we don't follow the rules???

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
That is true,You can get legal help,Repatriation etc,The welfare officer at POLO Vancouver is a genuinely good guy

leprice01

Sep 25, 2008
Dainty Lou:

I am an employer who submitted all my documentation to the POLO Office in Vancouver. After one month of waiting for the POEA approval for my future employees, I decided to give them a call only to find out that they have not received my postal money order cheques. The odd thing is that I personally handed the cheques to their receptionist, Ruth, who may I add, desperately need lessons in customer service.

So, do not despair, you are not alone in your dilemna. I would advise you to give the Consul General a call and complain.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
leprice01 said:
Dainty Lou:

I am an employer who submitted all my documentation to the POLO Office in Vancouver. After one month of waiting for the POEA approval for my future employees, I decided to give them a call only to find out that they have not received my postal money order cheques. The odd thing is that I personally handed the cheques to their receptionist, Ruth, who may I add, desperately need lessons in customer service.

So, do not despair, you are not alone in your dilemna. I would advise you to give the Consul General a call and complain.
If you can prove this ,contact me by PM,Ruth is a local hire WITHOUT Diplomatic Immunity and can be criminally charged.But again maybe its just in the shoebox