14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
@ BCguy

To avoid the delay of this POLO authentication, can my employer apply for this while I'm still applying for a temporary work visa here in Manila? Or I have to get a visa first before proceeding to POLO?

c.serrano

Nov 14, 2008
migwelder, you can have your papers verified at POLO even before your visa is released. However, I suggest you get them verified a month or two weeks before the estimated release of your visa result, and not earlier. When your papers have been verified, your name will be emailed by POLO to the POEA and you will have to check your name there. POEA is not very good at keeping records, and getting verified too early, your name might get lost with the other names in queue.

One friend of mine was waiting for her name to appear in POEA after her employer complied with the POLO requirements. She went to the POEA and the staff in charge of the list said somebody borrowed the only copy of the list (9am), so now she can't find out if her name's on the list until it comes back. She checked again at 5PM and the staff said the list hasn't returned yet but they're sure that the person will return it because she left her passport with them for assurance.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
c.serrano said:
migwelder, you can have your papers verified at POLO even before your visa is released. However, I suggest you get them verified a month or two weeks before the estimated release of your visa result, and not earlier. When your papers have been verified, your name will be emailed by POLO to the POEA and you will have to check your name there. POEA is not very good at keeping records, and getting verified too early, your name might get lost with the other names in queue.

One friend of mine was waiting for her name to appear in POEA after her employer complied with the POLO requirements. She went to the POEA and the staff in charge of the list said somebody borrowed the only copy of the list (9am), so now she can't find out if her name's on the list until it comes back. She checked again at 5PM and the staff said the list hasn't returned yet but they're sure that the person will return it because she left her passport with them for assurance.
Dont you just leave efficient Philippine Goverment!!!!!Btw the POLO shoebox for holding checks has been upgraded,They are now in a unlocked filing cabinet

migwelder

Star Member
Oct 22, 2008
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Nomination.....
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
Med's Request
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
c.serrano said:

I will file as early as I can, if ever my name is lost in the records, I will just call the POLO to resend so maybe a delay of 1-2 days instead of weeks.

migz

Dec 1, 2008
Re: Filipinos and POLO The good,The bad and The in between about Julve and Comp

Hi BCguy

I'm Mark from Richmondhill ON. I was searching for help online regarding the new LCP policy of POEA Philippines for foreign workers and I stumbled into this wonderful forum where I think I can find the help that I was looking for.
My problem is this; I have a brother whose LMO has been submitted to his employer in Alberta. The said employer already had signed and paid the required amount for authentication dated November 20, 2008 to POLO, Vancouver. For 2 weeks now, my brother is still waiting for the go signal from POLO to POEA so he can grab his exit permit. He's already booked for flight this coming Dec. 4 2008 (GMT + 08:00)

I tried to contact POLO through phone to no avail, they answer through emails. I would like to ask help for facilitating the status of my brother's issue.

Thanks so much and God Bless

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
I have answered your PM,Btw I am meeting Bernie Julve for Lunch next week,He is meeting about Philippines and BC Concerns

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Update I was at a Dinner last night with the Philippine Consul,She said they are looking into complaints about POLO red tape.But probably nothing will happen,But I raised the concerns of the Canadian employers with her

c.serrano

Nov 14, 2008
Thank you BCGuy for raising the employers' concerns with the Consul. Regarding the red tape, you're right, nothing will happen since corruption is a long-standing problem (almost part of the culture) with the Philippine Government at home and abroad.

Please do update us. I'll also get in touch with the Canadian Cosul here in Manila but I'm not yet sure if they have the power/voice/authority to influence POLO and POEA policies. I think this was all a consequence of the MOU's signed by the Philippines and the different provinces.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
c.serrano said:
Thank you BCGuy for raising the employers' concerns with the Consul. Regarding the red tape, you're right, nothing will happen since corruption is a long-standing problem (almost part of the culture) with the Philippine Government at home and abroad.

Please do update us. I'll also get in touch with the Canadian Cosul here in Manila but I'm not yet sure if they have the power/voice/authority to influence POLO and POEA policies. I think this was all a consequence of the MOU's signed by the Philippines and the different provinces.
They cannot interfere in Provincial Affairs,Its between POEA and the Provinces Labour being Provincially Regulated

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Just wanted to share an anecdote,I found hilarous,As you know Canada is rated along with Sweden as among the top 5 LEAST Corrupt Countries in the world and Our Civil servants are generally honest,Cabinet Ministers drive their own cars,Carry their own bags etc.A high Philippine Consular official has asked for early transfer from Canada to China because He is having a hard time earning money because the people are TOO HONEST,The Canadians are not offering bribes and When he hints at it,They actually fight him and threaten to take him to media,So he is having a hard time financially.I just found this hilarous

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So if it's hard for him to make money, are they paid kind of like waitresses with 'tips' supposedly making up a part of their salary? :D

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
I guess so,No wonder many Filipinos want to migrate here,This official who is now in China has already bought a new BMW within months of his transfer to China according to my contact,He was driving a Toyota in Canada