kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WESTLIFE_12 said:
sir/mam,

query lang po: @ popeye

If ever na ma approve na sa oct 14... yung 900 applicants na nag file ang possible lang na mkaalis?. pero kagaya ko di ako kasali sa nag file waiting mode pa rin ako?

thanks,
Ang court decision is confined to this case before the Bill C-38 was being voted in the Parliament. Yes, yung lead litigant (yung IT manager) pinapaayos na ang papers nya by Oct 14. For the rest of the 899, pag-uusapan pa kung paano ang sistema ng pag-ayos ng mga papers nila which means baka matagalan pa. If Bill C-38 is approved, which is likely, that will give the Minister the hand to return the applications and refund the payment. However, because of the decision made earlier by the federal court on the 900 applications, this case can become a precedent and it is anticipated na several cases will be filed against its implementation. They may even file for a temporary restraining order in its implementation pending resolution of cases that will be filed against it..

Like everyone, March 2005 ako and after years of waiting, "in process" pa din ang status...Di nga ako naka-receive nung sinasabi nilang letter asking if interested pa akong ituloy ang apps...However, let's just pray and hope for Divine intervention...Malay natin...

rotci

Oct 26, 2011
So dapat ba mag file na rin tayo ng kaso? Mapag iiwanan tayo nung mga nag-file, mauuna pa sila maayos?

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is disheartening............

Cessation of Processing and Return of Fees for Certain Federal Skilled Worker Applications

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob442.asp

emsky1973

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hi All,

Katulad nyo rin kami, nag-aantay na ng matagal na panahon pero hanggang ngaun nag-aantay pa rin. Nakakalungkot itong balita na lumabas tungkol sa Bill C-38. Nakakapag-worry kasi hindi namin alam kung kasama kami dito - sana wag naman.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
don't know if this is still relevant.........

http://www.melodika.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=323093&Itemid=54

Based On Decision of Federal Court, Canada May Process Applications Made Prior To Feb 2008
Monday, 02 July 2012

Canadian Government has now conveyed that as per the decision of Federal court, Canada will process all the applications for permanent residency in Canada, accepted prior to February 27, 2008. The department of Immigration and Citizenship Canada is trying to finish up the pending lot of applications with the assistance of legislation.

Canada Citizenship and Immigration Minister Jason Kenney was sued by 900 Canadian permanent residency applicants under the federal skilled worker class out of about 300,000 affected applicants. The applicants pleaded the court to issues orders to get their applications for permanent residence be processed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within a reasonable time frame. They asked the court to order the immigration department to process their applications within a reasonable time frame.

Around 300,000 applicants of central skilled worker class were affected by the non-processing of their applications of Canadian permanent residency and 900 applicants out of them had litigated the Canadian Minister of Immigration and Citizenship, Jason Kenney. The applicants filed the case in the Federal court to get the orders of processing their applications by the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship department within a realistic period of time. This is the result of the plea of applicants that Canadian government has issues orders to process the backlog of applications at the earliest.

According to Minister Kenney he is responsible for making policies concerning Canadian Citizenship and Immigration and the delay in processing the applications is merely due to changes in the policies, thus accepted. But litigants have their justified point of view that delay of 5-9 years is quite prolonged and can’t be justified. Applicants argued that the department should be effective enough to process the application in time and they must possess the capacity to implement the new policies as soon as possible so that pending work doesn’t hamper.

Although it has been communicated that Federal court has ordered the timely processing of all the pending applications, the practical problem is that backlog is huge. To tackle this problem, Federal court has also given a solution that process all the applications of the higher priority first till October 14, 2012 thus giving prospect to other candidates of process of their application with in time to come.

However, everything goes in favor of litigants, as according to their legal representative, the court has refused the appeal application filed by the Citizenship and Immigration Minister and gives the final verdict on this case.

As of late another Federal court also refused to offer any respite to the candidates who pleaded the court to order the Jason Kenney to safeguard their permanent residency applications while the case is in the court as the hearing was not complete yet and no law came into being at that time.

Whatever is the decision of the court is final now as the legislation had made the law after probing all the circumstances hence it’s a blow to the Government of Canada and the department of Canadian Immigration and Citizenship because they were about to eliminate the applications of around 300,000 candidates from their records by returning back the processing charges.

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
hi, immigration started processing my application May, 2007. hopefully hinde maibalik ang mga applications natin since naghintay tayo ng sobrang tagal. God Bless Us!

emsky1973

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hi Kiwi,

Tama ba ang pagkakaintdi ko sa statement na yan na hindi na itutuloy ang termination ng mga pre 2008 applicants.

Let us help each other to pray na sana ma-process na lahat ng pre 2008 applicants without hassle.

God Bless us.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emsky1973 said:
Hi Kiwi,

Tama ba ang pagkakaintdi ko sa statement na yan na hindi na itutuloy ang termination ng mga pre 2008 applicants.

Let us help each other to pray na sana ma-process na lahat ng pre 2008 applicants without hassle.

God Bless us.

that's what the statement is implying....pero, we still do not know paano i-comply ng immigration ito. anong process at fair ba ang gagawin nila. supposedly, ang pag process ng application ay depende kung ano ang existing rules at the time the application was made. i hope immigration will heed to the fed courts' decision dun sa 900 litigants. honestly, di ako masyadong comfortable sa statement na yan...if u read closely, i notice na parang ang daming grammatical errors, so doubtful ako....

like what u said, keep our hopes alive and ask for HIS guidance and intervention....

emsky1973

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
Yes you are right Kiwi. That's is the best way we can do at present.

But the it seems like true as the news came out just yesterday (02 July).

Please share naman your thoughts sa lahat ng nakakabasa nito kung mat latest update kayo,:)

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2012-Q1/index.asp

have a look at this statistics as of 31 March 2012...take a close look at the data for:

CIC Permanent Resident Applicants Awaiting a Decision

* The date the Action Plan for Faster Immigration took effect.
**Other permanent resident applicants include Family Class, Refugees, Humanitarian and Compassionate and others in the Economic Class.

FSW recd on or after the priority processing date of Feb 27, 2008 - 136,588

Backlog:

Federal Skilled Worker applications received before the priority processing date of February 27, 2008* -296,765 (kaunti lang naman pala ito bakit ito ang pinag-iinitan ni JK)
All Other Permanent Resident Applications** -541,556
Backlog Subtotal -838,321

emsky1973

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
kiwi1 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2012-Q1/index.asp

have a look at this statistics as of 31 March 2012...take a close look at the data for:

CIC Permanent Resident Applicants Awaiting a Decision

* The date the Action Plan for Faster Immigration took effect.
**Other permanent resident applicants include Family Class, Refugees, Humanitarian and Compassionate and others in the Economic Class.

FSW recd on or after the priority processing date of Feb 27, 2008 - 136,588

Backlog:

Federal Skilled Worker applications received before the priority processing date of February 27, 2008* -296,765 (kaunti lang naman pala ito bakit ito ang pinag-iinitan ni JK)
All Other Permanent Resident Applications** -541,556
Backlog Subtotal -838,321
I agree with you Kiwi! Sa palagay ko pinag-basihan nila ung tagal ng process ng papers natin. Again sana hindi naman at mabago ang desisyon. Please help us Lord.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emsky1973 said:
I agree with you Kiwi! Sa palagay ko pinag-basihan nila ung tagal ng process ng papers natin. Again sana hindi naman at mabago ang desisyon. Please help us Lord.

i agree...until then, it is still a wait and see game...
things will fall in place in HIS time....

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
attirah said:
Hello...

I applied Oct 2005 but in CIC webiste Feb 2006. Did receive letter from embassy and sent them registered mail confirming na interested pa rn ako.
All this time waiting pa rn...I constantly check CIC website for the processing time but end up disappointed kc halos every quarter its increasing.

Nag follow-up yun in-laws ko sa Canada via their MP (Member of Parliament).
Got the reply from Manila (March 26, 2012), on-queue for review na daw yun application ko.
Totally no idea as to what number am I in the queue.
They said "currently processing files submitted before December 2004".
And then came the news about REFUND (Irerefund nla if not reviewed on or before March 31), totally restless...

My hopes are high now because of this Reset in FSWP(they will pause the influx of application til Dec 31, 2012).
Pls check CIC webiste!!!
This is good news for all of Us... :)
hi attirah, i understand your sentiments. My application was in their system May 2007. Until now I have not recieved any updates since 2007. I even did not recieved any intent to continue my application. hopefully this will end soon so that we will not wait for nothing at all.

emsky1973

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hi Attirah,

I don't agree for the RESET and pause for accepting applicants coz I think both are not favorable to us as pre 2008 applicants. Furthermore, the refund is the most worrying part! could you imagine our applications are almost in there system for over 6 to 7 years now then at the end they will cancelled in just 1 click like that. :(

attirah said:
Hello...

I applied Oct 2005 but in CIC webiste Feb 2006. Did receive letter from embassy and sent them registered mail confirming na interested pa rn ako.
All this time waiting pa rn...I constantly check CIC website for the processing time but end up disappointed kc halos every quarter its increasing.

Nag follow-up yun in-laws ko sa Canada via their MP (Member of Parliament).
Got the reply from Manila (March 26, 2012), on-queue for review na daw yun application ko.
Totally no idea as to what number am I in the queue.
They said "currently processing files submitted before December 2004".
And then came the news about REFUND (Irerefund nla if not reviewed on or before March 31), totally restless...

My hopes are high now because of this Reset in FSWP(they will pause the influx of application til Dec 31, 2012).
Pls check CIC webiste!!!
This is good news for all of Us... :)