March 4, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
May 22, 2014
Passport Req..
May 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 8, 2014 ( received on July 19,2014)
My agent asked me to prepare updated documents, ielts, etc. because of the PNP for old applicants to reduce backlogs.

Let's all get ready. I just hope this would give all of us, from this thread, good news.

Please update us if some gets any news.

canadaismypriority

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2006
AOR Received.
24-10-2006
Breaking News: Government to Return Pre-2008 Applications Thursday, 29 March 2012 Category Federal Immigration

The Government of Canada announced on 29 March 2012 a plan to reduce the backlog of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications by returning all applications and government fees submitted prior to 27 February 2008. This will amount to a total of almost 300,000 returned applications, as well as approximately $130 million in refunded government processing fees.
This decision has been reached as part of a larger effort by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to “transition to a faster and more flexible economic immigration system”. Approximately 160,000 FSW applications, submitted after 28 February 2008, will remain in queue for processing.

Stay tuned for a special edition of CIC News later tonight, which will elaborate on the announcement, its rationale, and options for returned applicants who wish to continue efforts to come to Canada.

canadaismypriority

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2006
AOR Received.
24-10-2006
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

my 65 months of waiting comes to an END

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

canadaismypriority

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2006
AOR Received.
24-10-2006
What a beautiful day!!!

Goodbye Canada, Stay in Philippines

canadaismypriority

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2006
AOR Received.
24-10-2006
nasaan naba kayo mga backlogers..maglabasan kayo at heto na ang hinihintay natin....

Sa wakas may kasagutan na!!!

canadaismypriority

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2006
AOR Received.
24-10-2006
Paano yan..Nice meeting you all guys...

tuloy ang buhay....

canadaismypriority

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2006
AOR Received.
24-10-2006
Gico said:
My agent asked me to prepare updated documents, ielts, etc. because of the PNP for old applicants to reduce backlogs.

Let's all get ready. I just hope this would give all of us, from this thread, good news.

Please update us if some gets any news.

re apply ka nalang uli Gico kung pasok kapa sa in demand jobs nila....

Dec 6, 2011
canadaismypriority said:
Breaking News: Government to Return Pre-2008 Applications Thursday, 29 March 2012 Category Federal Immigration

The Government of Canada announced on 29 March 2012 a plan to reduce the backlog of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications by returning all applications and government fees submitted prior to 27 February 2008. This will amount to a total of almost 300,000 returned applications, as well as approximately $130 million in refunded government processing fees.
This decision has been reached as part of a larger effort by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to “transition to a faster and more flexible economic immigration system”. Approximately 160,000 FSW applications, submitted after 28 February 2008, will remain in queue for processing.

Stay tuned for a special edition of CIC News later tonight, which will elaborate on the announcement, its rationale, and options for returned applicants who wish to continue efforts to come to Canada.

O M G lol!!! wala na

rizza

Feb 22, 2012
:mad: it's really frustrating we did filed our application of March 2005 yet there is no feedbback fron the canadian embassy and we have been waiting for the result for almost 7years now..... so slow..... i didn't expect it would take so longer years and would even take more waiting... i thought if i used an agency will really expedite the processing of our papers upon calling the agency they would always tell me to be patient in waiting, my gosh 7 years!!!!! COIU please have mercy on us, keep on updating....

nmiole

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-March-2005
AOR Received.
07-July-2005
To: Rizza

Hello! I hate to say this but I believe the Canadian Government will make true to its word.........they are returning all applications filed before February 27, 2008 unprocessed and will refund the application fee. Sadly it includes yours and mine too. Try to find updates at google.........just type: backlogged immigration applicants to canada, and you will find some information there. I guess some immigration lawyers are just waiting for the application documents returned to the applicants and a class suit will soon rise.

popeye15

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizza said:
:mad: it's really frustrating we did filed our application of March 2005 yet there is no feedbback fron the canadian embassy and we have been waiting for the result for almost 7years now..... so slow..... i didn't expect it would take so longer years and would even take more waiting... i thought if i used an agency will really expedite the processing of our papers upon calling the agency they would always tell me to be patient in waiting, my gosh 7 years!!!!! COIU please have mercy on us, keep on updating....
nmiole said:
To: Rizza

Hello! I hate to say this but I believe the Canadian Government will make true to its word.........they are returning all applications filed before February 27, 2008 unprocessed and will refund the application fee. Sadly it includes yours and mine too. Try to find updates at google.........just type: backlogged immigration applicants to canada, and you will find some information there. I guess some immigration lawyers are just waiting for the application documents returned to the applicants and a class suit will soon rise.
Rizza, Nmiole,

Have you tried checking whether in CIC the status of your application? I've heard of people who have filed around 2006 that they could no longer check their status on CIC. I've checked mine and it still says "in process". There might still be hope that 2005 applicants made the cutoff. Keep the faith!

nmiole

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-March-2005
AOR Received.
07-July-2005
Hi Popeye15

Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, I checked the status of my application online and it says "In Process". Well, only God knows. Thank you ;D

nmiole

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-March-2005
AOR Received.
07-July-2005
Hi everyone:

Just sharing a news article published on May 1, 2012

Waving placards denouncing Ottawa’s plan to eliminate a lengthy immigration backlog, protesters in four foreign cities urged Canada not to repeat its discriminatory immigration past.

In Hong Kong, organizers said about 80 affected immigration applicants — many travelling from inner Mainland China — staged a demonstration against the federal government’s plan to return the applications of 280,000 people in the queue.

Similar protests were held Monday in Leeds, England, and Karachi, Pakistan. In India’s Chandigarh, 200 people attended a rally and candle-light vigil, according to the Canadian Backloggers Pre-2008 Association.

“The Chinese Exclusion Act in 1923 is being repeated,” protester Yiming Jiang told the Star in a telephone interview Monday, referring to Canada’s legislated ban on Chinese migrants. “We are pleading the Canadian government not cancel our applicants and reward queue-jumpers.”

The protesters in Hong Kong — some travelled with young children from Dalian and Changchun — carried signs that read “Give Us 76 Months Back” and “We Want Justice, Not Refund.” They also handed a petition letter to Canadian consulate official, Angela Gawel.

Although the federal government has said affected applicants can reapply under the new skilled immigration program introduced in 2008, many in the backlog like Jiang will not qualify because only those with skills and experience in one of 29 professions are eligible.

“We have waited for so long, they can’t just wipe us out like this. It is just unfair,” said Jiang, 29, a cosmetic company sales manager, who applied in 2007.

In Leeds, demonstrators wore black ribbons and held a candle light march, demanding Ottawa not repeat the “Komagata Maru” incident in 1914, when 356 passengers on the Japanese steamship were banned from landing in British Columbia and forced to return to India.

“We condemn and demand the withdrawal of this unholy proposal to scrap our applications,” said organizer Preet Deep Singh in Leeds, part of the worldwide Canadian Backloggers Pre-2008 Association.

“The Canadian government has made us wait for so long. We are not given justice,” added Singh, 37, a business manager, who submitted his application in 2004 with his wife and now resides in England.

The Conservative government seems to have taken note of the bad publicity surrounding Canada’s international image.

On Friday, Citizenship and Immigration quietly issued a new operational directive instructing its visa officers to resume the processing of the pre-2008 immigration applications at least until the backlog wipeout becomes law. Officials earlier had been told to stop processing backlogged applications.

“This is yet another example of why nothing CIC says should be trusted to remain true 10 minutes after it has been said,” said Toronto lawyer Tim Leahy, who is leading a class-action lawsuit against Ottawa on behalf of 700 immigration applicants.

The new directive could merely be a ploy to hold back the inevitable court case on grounds the files have not yet been closed and there is no cause of action, Leahy added.

I hope this news article is accurate, that they are processing pre 2008 applicants. As Popeye was saying...Let's keep the faith.