solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
@ dreamingforcanada

I hope someone can answer that question for you but if nobody can just compare the two jobs that you've mentioned, check the NOC description and make sure that the job description and qualification matches (some people say at it should be at least an 80% match).

@ MarKho19

Same as all other medical exams all Canadian permanent residents undergo. CXR, blood, VDRL, HIV, general physical assessment, also they'd check your vision if you're wearing corrective lenses.

@ captjack

Quebec Skilled Worker program needs paid experience in order for you to be qualified. That is one of the most important factors in order for you to qualify. Here's the guideline taken from the Immigration Quebec website:

Recognized experience

The work experience by a skilled worker candidate must have been acquired:
in the five years preceding the date of submission of an application for a selection certificate
in an occupation with a skill level above “D” as defined by the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
legally in the country concerned.

The following experience, which respects the aforementioned conditions, is recognized:

experience that was acquired full time or part time in remunerated jobs
full-time or part-time work internships as part of an apprenticeship, training or specialization recognized by a diploma, both remunerated and non-remunerated.

Check the Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration test at Immigration Quebec for you to assess your application.

@ joannaleed

Most of us here applied without any consultants. If you're comfortable doing it alone then you might as well give it a go.

joannaleed

Sep 16, 2011
Hi Solokru.

Thank you so much for the response. I wanted to apply alone since I couldn't afford to have a consultant. Will you help me on how to get started? I just couldn't see what are the other supporting documents to be added to the application forms.

MarKho19

Feb 10, 2012
@ solokru : thanks. ;D

@ captjack:

Experience is a vital point when applying for quebec skilled worker but I know it doesn't have to be a paid working experience.
What's important is that you have an experience and your documents are complete aside from the fact that you are able to
understand and somehow converse (even if beginners level) using French during the interview. ;D

shersta

Star Member
Dec 12, 2010
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@joannaleed

Here's the list of documents for BIQ-HK: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/hong-kong/dcs-workers/list-documents.html

:)

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
@MarKho19

Are you sure one doesn't need to have a paid work experience? I'm also curious about this. It says on the Immigration website that full time or part time internships recognized by a diploma can also be counted as work experience though. Do you know someone who already had a CSQ and QSW visa with no work experience? TIA.

joannaleed

Sep 16, 2011
@ Shersta,

Thank you so much. I was terribly looking for that.

Anyway, I am wondering what kind of envelope did you use to put all these documents?

dreamingforcanada

Dec 20, 2011
solokru said:
@ dreamingforcanada

I hope someone can answer that question for you but if nobody can just compare the two jobs that you've mentioned, check the NOC description and make sure that the job description and qualification matches (some people say at it should be at least an 80% match).
Thanks solokru, but I cannot find the Office System Techniques in the NOC that is why I wasn't able to compare the job description for both. I hope somebody can answer this.

shersta

Star Member
Dec 12, 2010
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joannaleed said:
@ Shersta,

Thank you so much. I was terribly looking for that.

Anyway, I am wondering what kind of envelope did you use to put all these documents?
I put everything in a short brown envelope.

joannaleed

Sep 16, 2011
@shersta,

Is it a thick brown envelope? Does it really matter? Or any envelope will do as long as it is in order?

And will you help me about the CV? Is it just the normal CV that we pass when we apply locally? Or does it have a format?

Sorry for the many questions. ;)

nursegio

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2011
AOR Received.
01-11-2011
Interview........
Juin 5, 2012
guys!! :) meron ba kayong place matutuloyan sa Quebec? yan ang problema ko eh :( pa share naman if meron ha. Let's help eachother :)

nursegio

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2011
AOR Received.
01-11-2011
Interview........
Juin 5, 2012
Received my second letter "Subject: In the waiting of your selection interview" last year December 7, hangganb ngayon wala pang schedule. haist.

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
nursegio said:
Received my second letter "Subject: In the waiting of your selection interview" last year December 7, hangganb ngayon wala pang schedule. haist.
dami na pla nating pinoy waiting for interview.. hehehehh ang saya cgru dun sa montreal.. hahhaha
@ nursegio san ka base? have you taken delf exams?

@ advice about experience pls dont risk your applications if you dont have atleast 6mos of paid experience unless you have a registered consultant from quebec who gave you an approval for filing your DCS.
Quebec is based on rule of law therefore what ever was written on their immigration law is followed by IO's upon evaluation and in dealing issues such as appeals. Paid experience after completion of degree is required if you want to claim points for experience unless your unpaid experience/internship (part of the completion of diploma) is within 5 yrs during filing your DCS.

i hope this will be useful for others..Good Luck!

nursegio

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2011
AOR Received.
01-11-2011
Interview........
Juin 5, 2012
salut applicante! ca va? :D di ako mag tetake ng French exam eh. Im tutoring myself via books and podcast hehe! na interview ka na ba? share your experience naman

nursegio

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2011
AOR Received.
01-11-2011
Interview........
Juin 5, 2012
Sinong may place dun sa Montreal or Quebec City? ??? share naman!