+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINO NURSES applying for CNO REGISTRATION ONLY - English and Tagalog posts

aenil

Oct 15, 2011
IM TAKING MY OSCE THIS AUGUST 7,,AND THEY TOLD ME ONLY 5% ONLY PASSED FROM THE LAST EXAM.dOING MY REVIEW NOW.SCARED :-X

christine san andres

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 3, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 8, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 1, 2014
charkei said:
CNO sent me a mail letter saying that to those who have an NCLEX registration can take the RN exam right away, and also it would then be a computer based exam same as NCLEX starting January of next year. Don't know much of the info and maybe some others received the same letter I have. Please feel free to share some of your insights on to it. Thank you.
hi.. do u mind if ul forward sakin the email CNO sent to u? its christinesanandres@yahoo.com

gracethewanderer

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Jeddah
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Soon.. Before August 2015
LANDED..........
God's WILL
Albertjohann said:
Hello guys, I am already registered as an RPN here in Ontario, now working as an RPN. I can exchange ideas with others about CNO registration and CEHPEA OSCE. My email address jacildoalbert @ ymail.com.
Arent you connected to me or any jacildo in brampton?

May i ask how did apply for RPN. I have pending FSW application, once its approve maybe thats the time ill apply for RPN exam then followed by RN but i have to confirm it pa in CNO.

registered nurse in philippines, 1 yr working experience..

jomsjoms03

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Hello guys, I would like to ask, what if a nurse has already passed his IELTS and submitted it to the Nursing Body but then due to the long process of assessment the 2 years validity has lapsed. Will he be required to take IELTS again?

Thanks! :D :D :D

pickednotes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
jomsjoms03 said:
Hello guys, I would like to ask, what if a nurse has already passed his IELTS and submitted it to the Nursing Body but then due to the long process of assessment the 2 years validity has lapsed. Will he be required to take IELTS again?

This is Canada.

So the answer is YES. :D

pickednotes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
aenil said:
IM TAKING MY OSCE THIS AUGUST 7,,AND THEY TOLD ME ONLY 5% ONLY PASSED FROM THE LAST EXAM.dOING MY REVIEW NOW.SCARED :-X
Goodluck ma'am!

But just for the sake of providing some options in your nursing career, try to apply and pass for the NCLEX exams. The United States is starting to speed up its process and having HUGE LEAPS in their priority dates. In the past 6 months alone, the Visa Bulletin in the Philippines EB-3 category moved a massive 2.5 years! Compared dati na days lang and galaw. My point is, there is no harm in having a back up plan ;-) And if you are worried about the health benefits in the US, try not to think about it because almost all hospitals in the US provide healthcare coverage up to at least 80% to you and your family.

FYI: I have a priority dated May 2010. Current na po ako by next month. My hospital's legal department is already asking me for the final documents and wants me to go back to the Philippines by August to receive my Packet 4 (US embassy interview). I already have my ticket pabalik ng Pinas.

Fun thoughts: Once you land in the US with an employer, you are a FULL RN. No more studying, No more OSCE, No more IELTS expiry, No more safe practice expiry, you WILL WORK in a hospital and NOT in a nursing home or home care, you WILL receive a well-deserved rate, you will be eligible for employer-assisted Master of Science in Nursing degree.

;D

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Albertjohann said:
Hello guys, I am already registered as an RPN here in Ontario, now working as an RPN. I can exchange ideas with others about CNO registration and CEHPEA OSCE. My email address jacildoalbert @ ymail.com.

Hi I have not had any reply to your invitation that you posted here.

aenil

Oct 15, 2011
hi pickednotes=) can you tell me your agency if possible i might consider that option if ever thanks and have agood day=)

Albertjohann

Nov 25, 2012
gracethewanderer said:
Arent you connected to me or any jacildo in brampton?

May i ask how did apply for RPN. I have pending FSW application, once its approve maybe thats the time ill apply for RPN exam then followed by RN but i have to confirm it pa in CNO.

registered nurse in philippines, 1 yr working experience..

Are there Jacildos in Brampton? You can apply for assessment for both RPN and RN. Most RPN applicants will be given the chance to write the exam immediately, depending on your assessment result. On the other hand, all RN applicants who were educated abroad will be required to take the OSCE.

Albertjohann

Nov 25, 2012
jomsjoms03 said:

You can request for an extension of the timeframe if your evidence of language proficiency if it falls outside the normal two-year timeframe. This timeframe may be extended by the CNO Registration Committee.

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
We are a 72 bed capacity Long Term Care Facility
We need 2 Fulltime Health Care Aide at $17.78/hr

Requirements:
MUST BE IN CANADA AND HAS ATLEAST 2YRS OPEN WORK PERMIT OR PR VISA
Health Care aide or Personal Support Worker Certficate OR BS NURSING DEGREE taken overseas
Able to relocate in 2 weeks
Clear Police vulnerability check

Where are we?
Mclennan, Alberta
estimated 1200 population
small town
4hrs from Edmonton
2hrs from Grand Prairie

Please send resume to: lloyddelrosario @ yahoo.com

Curlygegs

Apr 13, 2014
Hi,

I would like to ask how much you pay for CnO registration?

If i'm correct, did you guys register via NNAS?

And do you think review center is a great help to pass since they know the strategy of the exam?

Actually, I am so confuse here. Whether to pursue my profession here in Canada. I'm just 2 mos old here, I don't even know if this is part of the adjustment period. And I don't understand how to process these LPN-CNO stuffs... Really need a sound advice from anyone here.

And thank you in advance.

honeydc

Sep 26, 2014
Hi guys,

As of now, there are no information as to CNO's decision about accepting NCLEX Registration. They had a meeting September 18, 2014 (I believe) and have not posted anything yet on the website. On the other hand, (CRNBC) British Columbia has apparently made that decision, and if I understood right, it says that they will accept NCLEX Registration in lieu of writing CRNE; however, they require you to pass the other requirements such as application form, NNAS (Credentials Assessment like CGFNS I assume) etc.

I'd like to share my experiences and hope that people will benefit from this. I am from Calgary, Alberta and that's where I initially applied to be an RN. Their process, together with CRNBC is somehow complex. Back in 2010 up to 2013, their assessment (from most people I know) was that most Baccalaureate Degree holder in Nursing from the Philippines especially the ones that didn't have enough experience practicing nursing gets evaluated as -- 4 yrs of nursing in Philippines is equal to just 2 years in Alberta. They will give you an option to go back to school for 3 years or few months of schooling to be LPN. I can explain further on that if anyone cares to know.

To make the long story short, I decided to have my credentials evaluated in Ontario as I heard they are less strict in assessing applicants. In Ontario, you have to do 2 applications. One for RPN and another RN. Most nursing degree holder from the Philippines, regardless of experience, are allowed to write the RPN test. However, if you applied for RN, that's when it gets confusing. If you graduated or had a job less than 3 years prior application, then that's when you get a letter saying you need to take OSCE. I did not take OSCE so I am not the best source for that. All I know is you get to be tested both written and Practical (role playing i heard). Now, if you have Master's Degree in Nursing from Philippines or such, chances are you don't even have to do OSCE. You just have to write the CRNE. On the other hand, if you have neither the experience nor the Master's degree and you've graduated more than 3 years ago, then you are most likely be asked to go back to school. Some Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) programs are between 18mos-3 years depending which school.

Hopefully, their new process as of August 2014 is a lot better and improved than their old ones. Application fees have doubled since I started trying to get my RN license back in 2009. I hope their service have gone better too.