+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINO NURSES applying for CNO REGISTRATION ONLY - English and Tagalog posts

pinay-saffron

Jul 26, 2011
ICUnurse said:
Thankyou so much! I dont have much time to wait for their reply. CNO gave me til sep9 to send them the OPTION FORM (a choice between taking the OSCE or withdrawal of application) Ill probably call them instead. If i may ask, what did they tell you? Did they offer an alternative document to OSCE? Like, recommendation letter, BET, or something? Thanks!
Sorry but my inquiries doesn't include anything about OSCE. I have started my application last 2011 and they didn't require applicants back then to take OSCE. Good luck on your next steps!

Albertjohann

Nov 25, 2012
milesmiles said:
Hi lenjoy03! Like you, I'll be taking my OSCE on Nov 22. Magreview naman tayo. Sa Richmond Hill ako, ikaw?

I'm having my OSCE on nov. 22 as well. If it's ok with you, can I ask for your email address so we can communicate with each other. Thanks.

lhiz28

May 18, 2013
Albertjohann said:
I'm having my OSCE on nov. 22 as well. If it's ok with you, can I ask for your email address so we can communicate with each other. Thanks.
I am scheduled for OSCE on November too... Add me lhiza_28_tamayo@yahoo.com.ph
But until now i dont have any news yet with my visa.. So sad.

msladybug

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 (Online)
Med's Request
31-07-013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
Got an email fro. CEHPEA na wala na daw available time ngaun 2013. Notify na lng daw this November kung kelan uli. Good luck sa mga mag O-OSCE!

lecter

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Hi, I passed all the RPN exam requirements on my first attempt,
RPN-may 2013
Juris-passed
IELTS-listening-8.5,reading 7.0,writing 8.0, Speaking 7.5

mg eexpire na safety practice ko this OCT 17, 2013
na submit ko na lahat

WHATS next?

Should you have problems with ielts in a specific area, PM me...i can help

most of my friends are struggling with writing, ako din way back 2008, above 7 lahat except writing-6.5 lng ako kya d ako tumuloy sa new zealand noon, kasi ayaw ko mg health care assistant, I took the ielts last aug 24 at global village, ng file na ako for this sept.exam kasi i thot d ako mkapasa, d kasi ako nkatulog d nyt before...but i got 8 sa writing...i can help at no cost, even though ngpa tutor ako for 4 sessions 2 hours each.$35/hour....

i will be processing for RN assessment, kya lng mahal, im thinking about it pa...
any advise would be of help,
WHATS next after completing all the requirements???

lecter

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
this is a must!: PLEASE DON'T THINK THAT IELTS IN THE PHILS. IS EASIER OR the opposite. Standards are set, and are the same wherever.

Contrary to the belief of many;

1. You don't need rare/impressive words: ''write to express not to impress"
2. "Clear flow" or an easy to follow essay makes all the difference.
3. Practice based on quality, not quantity: it doesn't matter how many essays you write, it's the quality.
4. Make your grammar close to perfect: I am not that good on this one, but i got an 8...(my grammar is based on "hearing") pag medyo d magandang pakinggan, I wud think mali ung grammar...
5.Practice Inversion:
Ex: "The time has never been more opportune to consider alternative energy sources.
Inversion: Never has the time been more opportune to consider alternative energy sources.
....and a lot more...
6. Don't make your essay too personal.

TIP: first goal is quality, never mind the time, only then you could do more essays, and focus on time management....
finally, have someone check your work.....
PM me for tips....

beautiful-carla

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreaal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2013(Received on 11/10/2013)
Doc's Request.
Submitted all documents...
AOR Received.
waiting...
IELTS Request
08-10-2013(together w/my Application documents)
File Transfer...
waiting....
Med's Request
waiting....
Med's Done....
not yet
Interview........
Hopefully waived...
Passport Req..
waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Only GOD knows when...
LANDED..........
Only GOD knows when...
lecter said:
RPN-may 2013
Juris-passed

na submit ko na lahat

WHATS next?

most of my friends are struggling with writing, ako din way back 2008, above 7 lahat except writing-6.5 lng ako kya d ako tumuloy sa new zealand noon, kasi ayaw ko mg health care assistant, I took the ielts last aug 24 at global village, ng file na ako for this sept.exam kasi i thot d ako mkapasa, d kasi ako nkatulog d nyt before...but i got 8 sa writing...i can help at no cost, even though ngpa tutor ako for 4 sessions 2 hours each.$35/hour....

i will be processing for RN assessment, kya lng mahal, im thinking about it pa...
Hi lecter.. How did you register for juris exam? i applied also for RPNE but still awaiting for my License Verification here in Saudi Arabia.. Actually i got a problem with the Saudi Council For Health Specialties- CLPN of Alberta is not convinced that i am practicing as RN here because my saudi council license says that i am Nurse Technician...anyway...i am taking another set of IELTS because i got only 6.0 on my Reading part and the rest L-7.5 W-7 and S-7...can you please share your review materials?...

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
lecter said:
RPN-may 2013
Juris-passed

na submit ko na lahat

WHATS next?

Hi Lecter, pls share where you bought (online) your review materials. I want to prepare as early as now. thnak for the information shared.

lecter

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
@ beatiful carla

JURIS-A link will be sent to you thru email once you contact CNO..i click mo lng, it will direct you to a "secure'' website....
IELTS: Practice lng ung reading exam, I read a lot kasi kya I did not bother too much, bumaba nga score ko kysa dati....

Tips ko lang:
1.scan thru the exam booklet first, find the easiest type of questions; usually fill in the blanks or ung summary completion (para sa akin madali to kasi andun ung sagot, however, iba2 tayo ng skills pagdating sa reading, para sa iba mas madali ung true/false/not given...or what not
2.read the questions first and find the answers after reading each questions ( question #1 then find the answer thru a technique called skimming and scanning) d kelangan ng details dito, kunin mo lng ung word na hinahanap mo specifically, once you find it, focus on that particular sentence read it twice para maintindihan....
3. time urself (always) as for me, target ko is 50 mins to complete the questions then i have 10 mins to review....

*if you are reading the whole passage first before answering the questions, you will lose time and by doing this would mean you don't know the technique....time ung no.1 enemy sa ielts....therefore in every passage, read the questions first to direct you in finding the answers,

* i master mo ung skimming and scanning and practice a lot....i have an e book and i also know a helpful website for ielts....pm me ung email add.

lecter

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
@gcctocanada

I did not buy any ielts material, may websites lng akong alam at e book as a guide,
I am also a frequent library user....sa library dito meron cla mga past ielts exams with answers that is: ielts1 to ielts 8(pinakalatest yata is 8)
...maliit na libro lng but its nice since my mga answers with CD for listening...
or you can order online sa amazon, but mahal
pm me ur email for the ebook...

correct practice lng talaga,,,,

Albertjohann

Nov 25, 2012
lecter said:
@ gcctocanada

I did not buy any ielts material, may websites lng akong alam at e book as a guide,
I am also a frequent library user....sa library dito meron cla mga past ielts exams with answers that is: ielts1 to ielts 8(pinakalatest yata is 8)
...maliit na libro lng but its nice since my mga answers with CD for listening...
or you can order online sa amazon, but mahal
pm me ur email for the ebook...

correct practice lng talaga,,,,
hello lecter. thank you sa tips mo. pasend naman mga review guides mo sa email ko. jacildoalbert@ymail.com .salamat.

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
lecter said:
@ gcctocanada

Hi Lecter, I passed also IELTS :)

My question is about Nursing/Juries exam materials :) Thanks

firsttimemom

Jul 8, 2013
Hello mga kababayan,

Nag request ako ng application package sa CNO nung Sept. 8. Hanggang ngayon wala pa rin akong nattanggap na package via email. Dito ako sa Edmonton located. What should I do? Pls advice. I tried to call the CNO kaso wala akong nakakausap.. Salamat