+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINO NURSES applying for CNO REGISTRATION ONLY - English and Tagalog posts

dima_tx

Jul 23, 2013
Hello Zelda82 my wife is going to take OSCE for nurses since you already went through that can you help her, we will pay you. We are in Toronto our email address is
dima_tx@yahoo.com

Dmitriy

rachael_r14

Aug 6, 2013
hello, im new here I didn't take the chance of doing the osce,im in Ontario and on the other hand I am taking the practical nurse exam instead. however with someone who took the osce,do you have to do the additional education for those who passed the osce?thanks.

Albertjohann

Nov 25, 2012
rachael_r14 said:
hello, im new here I didn't take the chance of doing the osce,im in Ontario and on the other hand I am taking the practical nurse exam instead. however with someone who took the osce,do you have to do the additional education for those who passed the osce?thanks.
hello. I heard some people who did good in their OSCE was still required to take few courses.

rachael_r14

Aug 6, 2013
oh ok,how long would it take to take and finish the courses though?thanks...but my cprne is this coming sept. still im hoping to pursue nursing someday

Albertjohann

Nov 25, 2012
rachael_r14 said:
oh ok,how long would it take to take and finish the courses though?thanks...but my cprne is this coming sept. still im hoping to pursue nursing someday
The program is 20 months long. It covers everything, I mean absolutely everything. I will be writing my CPNRE in september as well. Where is your exam location?

jrjac

Jul 23, 2013
hi guys!

does anyone here already took the osce exam? what are the options if you fail? im scheduled to take mine on oct 24... im quite anxious about it.. hellpppp :'(

ICUnurse

Aug 19, 2013
Has anyone tried sending messages through email or calling CNO about alternatives for the OSCE? I just received my status and am really sad to know that im required to complete the OSCE. They stated there that they have read my documents from my college and that i have not sent the 'cerification of nursing practice form'. However, i already sent them my nursing practice forms, IJD, with additional competency checklist(i thought they'd review it to consider my application and would not suggest OSCE) but i think they dint review them! So sad :( i tried sending them an email, trying to appeal and asking if they need any other documents in substitute to OSCE. I havent tried calling them through magic jak. Philippines is rally far away from canada! Going there for OSCE alone is not pactical. Anyone? :)

Albertjohann

Nov 25, 2012
ICUnurse said:
Has anyone tried sending messages through email or calling CNO about alternatives for the OSCE? I just received my status and am really sad to know that im required to complete the OSCE. They stated there that they have read my documents from my college and that i have not sent the 'cerification of nursing practice form'. However, i already sent them my nursing practice forms, IJD, with additional competency checklist(i thought they'd review it to consider my application and would not suggest OSCE) but i think they dint review them! So sad :( i tried sending them an email, trying to appeal and asking if they need any other documents in substitute to OSCE. I havent tried calling them through magic jak. Philippines is rally far away from canada! Going there for OSCE alone is not pactical. Anyone? :)

I think the CNO now requires all Internationally educated nurses to take the OSCE. Even if you have a masters degree or extensive clinical pratice, you will still be given the option to take the OSCE. Due to the current high volume of RN/RPN applications with the CNO, they might not be able to review thoroughly your documents. There is no guarantee that the information I know is absolute, I am just merely stating my opinion based on the experience of other people I know.

ailen

Aug 1, 2013
I have the same situation like. received my letter of direction from CNO.Mag enquire pala ng ako sa George Brown. maybe this time nakapag enquire ka na? are u goin to full time class or full time class?

rhozie

Sep 19, 2011
ailen said:
I have the same situation like. received my letter of direction from CNO.Mag enquire pala ng ako sa George Brown. maybe this time nakapag enquire ka na? are u goin to full time class or full time class?
Hi when ka ng take ng OSCE?

pinay-saffron

Jul 26, 2011
ICUnurse said:
Hello! I have inquired about a lot of specific requirements to CNO thru e-mail, and in my experience, they have answered my questions as much as they can. Although it takes so long for them to reply, around 3 weeks, their response was good enough. You have to indicate in your message some private info like your birthday, address, application number, school and date of graduation for security purposes. You might want to outline your specific questions for them to easily answer them and to make sure you won't miss anything. Good luck on your application!

ICUnurse

Aug 19, 2013
pinay-saffron said:
Hello! I have inquired about a lot of specific requirements to CNO thru e-mail, and in my experience, they have answered my questions as much as they can. Although it takes so long for them to reply, around 3 weeks, their response was good enough. You have to indicate in your message some private info like your birthday, address, application number, school and date of graduation for security purposes. You might want to outline your specific questions for them to easily answer them and to make sure you won't miss anything. Good luck on your application!
Thankyou so much! I dont have much time to wait for their reply. CNO gave me til sep9 to send them the OPTION FORM (a choice between taking the OSCE or withdrawal of application) Ill probably call them instead. If i may ask, what did they tell you? Did they offer an alternative document to OSCE? Like, recommendation letter, BET, or something? Thanks!

msladybug

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013 (Online)
Med's Request
31-07-013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
ICUnurse said:
Thankyou so much! I dont have much time to wait for their reply. CNO gave me til sep9 to send them the OPTION FORM (a choice between taking the OSCE or withdrawal of application) Ill probably call them instead. If i may ask, what did they tell you? Did they offer an alternative document to OSCE? Like, recommendation letter, BET, or something? Thanks!
It's ok to wait. It says in the Option Form that if they do not hear from you before September 9 they may close your application. They actually give extensions. I faxed (using FaxZero.com) & emailed them at the same time pleading to reconsider my application. Although, the result was the same. On the bright side, they gave me another chance to send the Option Form and extended the date of submission.

ICUnurse

Aug 19, 2013
msladybug said:
It's ok to wait. It says in the Option Form that if they do not hear from you before September 9 they may close your application. They actually give extensions. I faxed (using FaxZero.com) & emailed them at the same time pleading to reconsider my application. Although, the result was the same. On the bright side, they gave me another chance to send the Option Form and extended the date of submission.
Thankyou again so much! So i guess i just have to live with the fact that i have to spend more for my tourist visa and airfare to canada. OSCE is the only option. :( i just hope CNO would not release another burden for the IENs.