+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filed mutual divorce awaiting PPR

Feb 28, 2021
Hi All,

I need help with my situation.

My wife and I planned to immigrate to Canada and applied through express entry where I’m the primary and she is my depended.

We submitted the applications and also received a provincial nomination with additional 600 points.

We have also completed our medicals and biometrics and we’re awaiting for our PPR letters.

Unfortunately, due to personal differences we have filed for a mutual divorce petition which we have kept on hold after speaking to the attorney.

Please help me with what needs to be done next, do I need to inform IRCC about the petition and how much will this mutual divorce impact my application and immigration to Canada if we go ahead with the divorce.

Please help !!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I need help with my situation.

My wife and I planned to immigrate to Canada and applied through express entry where I’m the primary and she is my depended.

We submitted the applications and also received a provincial nomination with additional 600 points.

We have also completed our medicals and biometrics and we’re awaiting for our PPR letters.

Unfortunately, due to personal differences we have filed for a mutual divorce petition which we have kept on hold after speaking to the attorney.

Please help me with what needs to be done next, do I need to inform IRCC about the petition and how much will this mutual divorce impact my application and immigration to Canada if we go ahead with the divorce.

Please help !!!
Yes you need to inform IRCC that you are separated from your spouse and will be getting divorced. Your future ex-wife needs to be removed from your application.