+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File Transferred to New York (NYVO)? JOIN HERE!

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Not sure when, but the GCKEY login page now has this warning at the top - I feel like it's new, of course right when I submit my medical haha o_O
  • depending on your application type, you may not have heard from us or seen changes in your application status
    • If you’ve had a medical exam or given biometrics, they won’t show in your account until we process them.
    • We currently have a backlog of medical exams to process, but when we do process them, you’ll see them in your account.

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
Not sure when, but the GCKEY login page now has this warning at the top - I feel like it's new, of course right when I submit my medical haha o_O
  • depending on your application type, you may not have heard from us or seen changes in your application status
    • If you’ve had a medical exam or given biometrics, they won’t show in your account until we process them.
    • We currently have a backlog of medical exams to process, but when we do process them, you’ll see them in your account.
Don't be too scared! It's been there for a while actually, no less than a couple months I feel like. I bet you'll get a status update on Monday. Monday seems to always have good news since it's the first day of the working week

Reactions: gc1735

albertfernandes89

Dec 23, 2020
canada
Hi everyone. Do we have anyone in this forum whose application was sent to nyvo , the principal applicant is from India and the application was received before jan 2021?

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
Passport Request received this morning!
Same here! I've been steadily watching you on the spousal sponsorship document, feel like we're going through this together :)

I contacted VFS about the whole process and looks like sending everything in is going to require another ~$90 ‍o_O

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Same here! I've been steadily watching you on the spousal sponsorship document, feel like we're going through this together :)

I contacted VFS about the whole process and looks like sending everything in is going to require another ~$90 ‍o_O
I feel the same, congrats!!

Yeah, I feel a bit confused about the fee breakdown they have on the website - can you elaborate on what they shared with you? Thanks so much!

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
I feel the same, congrats!!

Yeah, I feel a bit confused about the fee breakdown they have on the website - can you elaborate on what they shared with you? Thanks so much!
This is what I copied from the agent I spoke to:

After receiving the passport request letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), to send by courier to New York or Los Angeles (VAC) Canada Visa Application Center, and receive it back, you will have to pay the two-way courier service with VFS Global.
This is mandatory for each passport. No other form of passport delivery and return will be accepted.

How to make the payment and receive the two-way FedEx shipping labels:

To receive the payment link, please email us the following Excel file, duly completed: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/pdf/mail-in-application-courier-label-request.xlsx, to the following email address; To send your documents to the New York VAC, please write to vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com.
To send your documents to the Los Angeles VAC, please write to shippinglabelsla@vfsglobal.com
Within 24 to 72 hours, you will receive the total fee to pay and the payment link.
After making the payment, please email us the payment invoice to the same email address, so both shipping labels can be sent to you.
Once you receive the two FedEx shipping labels we need you to send us, in one envelope, the following documents:

Original passport.
Passport request letter and requested documents. Two copies of the consent form; please fill out and hand sign page 2 only. https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/pdf/consent-form.pdf
Full contact information legibly noted on a white sheet, including full name, mobile phone, email and postal addresses.
The return FedEx shipping label, which you received from VFS Global.
The VFS Global service payments are:

Payment for the two-way courier service is mandatory: $66.15 USD per passport*.
*This cost includes 10% discount on the regular amount, due to COVID-19.

Payment of the application package transmission fee: $22.30 USD per passport.*
*This last payment should only be made if the client did not have to provide biometrics or if the biometrics were collected at a different place other than the VAC where the passport will be sent to.

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
This is what I copied from the agent I spoke to:

After receiving the passport request letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), to send by courier to New York or Los Angeles (VAC) Canada Visa Application Center, and receive it back, you will have to pay the two-way courier service with VFS Global.
This is mandatory for each passport. No other form of passport delivery and return will be accepted.

How to make the payment and receive the two-way FedEx shipping labels:

To receive the payment link, please email us the following Excel file, duly completed: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/pdf/mail-in-application-courier-label-request.xlsx, to the following email address; To send your documents to the New York VAC, please write to vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com.
To send your documents to the Los Angeles VAC, please write to shippinglabelsla@vfsglobal.com
Within 24 to 72 hours, you will receive the total fee to pay and the payment link.
After making the payment, please email us the payment invoice to the same email address, so both shipping labels can be sent to you.
Once you receive the two FedEx shipping labels we need you to send us, in one envelope, the following documents:

Original passport.
Passport request letter and requested documents. Two copies of the consent form; please fill out and hand sign page 2 only. https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/pdf/consent-form.pdf
Full contact information legibly noted on a white sheet, including full name, mobile phone, email and postal addresses.
The return FedEx shipping label, which you received from VFS Global.
The VFS Global service payments are:

Payment for the two-way courier service is mandatory: $66.15 USD per passport*.
*This cost includes 10% discount on the regular amount, due to COVID-19.

Payment of the application package transmission fee: $22.30 USD per passport.*
*This last payment should only be made if the client did not have to provide biometrics or if the biometrics were collected at a different place other than the VAC where the passport will be sent to.
Amazing, thank you so much! The way they have their website set up is a mess haha

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Passport Request documents delivered to NY VAC this morning - I guess you at least get speedy delivery with the price of labels :D dropped off at FedEx in Chicago last night at 5:30 Central, delivered at 9:25 Eastern this morning!

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
Passport Request documents delivered to NY VAC this morning - I guess you at least get speedy delivery with the price of labels :D dropped off at FedEx in Chicago last night at 5:30 Central, delivered at 9:25 Eastern this morning!
Nice! Sent mine off yesterday and delivered to the VO this morning. Wish I could have sent it off on Monday but I work fairly late. o_O

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Got a message from VFS that passport has been received. Now the waiting game ensues once again.
Got the same message this morning but two hours later got an email that decision envelope had been dispatched from IRCC office back to the VAC before a third email EOD that VAC had received it. My guess is it’ll be sent back to me on Monday and yours will likely go out Tuesday!! We’re so close!!