+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transferred to Local Office

A78945612

Star Member
Feb 15, 2023
Hi guys,

Sorry about digging out this old post. Can I ask what does it mean by "transferring to the local office"? My file is transferred to a secondary office for eligibility check (it's recommended pass now). does this mean I got transferred to local office?

Thank you. I appreciate your insight.

A78945612

Star Member
Feb 15, 2023
Hi guys,

Sorry about digging out this old post. Can I ask what does it mean by "transferring to the local office"? My file is transferred to a secondary office for eligibility check (it's recommended pass now). does this mean I got transferred to local office?

Hi anyone has any comments? Thank you!

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Hi guys,

After the sponsor has been approved, the principal applicant needs to be approved. Usually the principal applicant file is sent for processing to a visa office that is responsible for the jurisdiction for where the PA resides. For eg, the files for Indians go to New Delhi. The Files for Pakistani‘s go to London.

This is, however, not set in stone and sometimes in order to distribute workload or for some reason(s),the file may go to a local office in canada or abroad.

prasanna_121

Oct 3, 2023
Hi, does anyone know how long it will take once the file is transferred to the local office? Recently, I received a letter from Immigration stating that my file was transferred to the local Hamilton office, I am an inland application and I believe this was transferred for a background check. I did not submit the police clearance for the UAE, which is due to unpaid credit card issues.

prasanna_121

Oct 3, 2023
Hi, does anyone know how long it will take once the file is transferred to the local office? Recently, I received a letter from Immigration stating that my file was transferred to the local Hamilton office, I am an inland application and I believe this was transferred for a background check. I did not submit the police clearance for the UAE, which is due to unpaid credit card issues.
hi Any update on this post