+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File Transferred to Accra Visa Office

Ineedanswers

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hi,

I'm sponsoring my spouse, and the application was recently transferred to the Accra Visa office. Our application was received in January of this year. Medical and Biometrics have already been done, and all fees have been paid.

Does anyone know on average how long the Accra Visa Office takes to do their part? Also, since medical and biometrics have already been done, what does the local visa office do?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

rosamor228

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Hi,

I'm sponsoring my spouse, and the application was recently transferred to the Accra Visa office. Our application was received in January of this year. Medical and Biometrics have already been done, and all fees have been paid.

Does anyone know on average how long the Accra Visa Office takes to do their part? Also, since medical and biometrics have already been done, what does the local visa office do?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello,

Have you got an answer from Accra Visa Office. We have same situation.

Ineedanswers

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Good evening all,
I‘m hoping to get some help. My friend sponsored his wife last January. They received notice that the file was transfer to the Accra visa office back in September 2020, and haven’t heard back since.

Today they decided to track the application, and realized that medical request was sent out on Nov 12, 2020. However, they still have not received it.

My questions are:
1. What are the implications of missing the medical deadline?
2. Will the issue a new medical request if we ask for it?
3. How do I get in touch with cic?

Thanks in advance for your help!

A...

Sep 22, 2020
Good evening all,
I‘m hoping to get some help. My friend sponsored his wife last January. They received notice that the file was transfer to the Accra visa office back in September 2020, and haven’t heard back since.

Today they decided to track the application, and realized that medical request was sent out on Nov 12, 2020. However, they still have not received it.

My questions are:
1. What are the implications of missing the medical deadline?
2. Will the issue a new medical request if we ask for it?
3. How do I get in touch with cic?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Hello, they have 90 days from the date they receive the letter to do the medical test so they haven't missed the deadline

Ineedanswers

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hello, they have 90 days from the date they receive the letter to do the medical test so they haven't missed the deadline
Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I know the deadline to get the medical done used to be 30 days, so that's why we were worried.

Once again, thank you.

Yudieketty

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hi guys, so I called IRCC today and was told my file was moves to Shanghai China. Anyone in same boat? Any idea how effective the VO is?

kabi

Jan 25, 2021
Hi guys, so I called IRCC today and was told my file was moves to Shanghai China. Anyone in same boat? Any idea how effective the VO is?
hey i have the same issue my file was suppose to be sent to DAR ES SALAAM but when i call them they told me its on transit to SHANGHAI i tried to find answer bout SHANGHAI VO but its difficult no any information out there

rosamor228

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
hey i have the same issue my file was suppose to be sent to DAR ES SALAAM but when i call them they told me its on transit to SHANGHAI i tried to find answer bout SHANGHAI VO but its difficult no any information out there
Where you guys sent your application. And if you sponsor your family where are they living now?

Yudieketty

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Exactly...it seems the VO didnt exist. I tried to check China applicants. Because i thought if the Vo existed, china applications should go there...but few applications that i saw..were sent to Hong Kong

rosamor228

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Some applications sent to hongkong for scanning documents only especially if your sponsored person does not live there. Immigration extend their service to those offices to help out the processing because of back log.