+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File Transferred to Accra Visa Office

Yudieketty

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Some applications sent to hongkong for scanning documents only especially if your sponsored person does not live there. Immigration extend their service to those offices to help out the processing because of back log.
When did you submit the application. It seems they sent files submitted in April onward. Mine was April 6th

Yudieketty

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
They just forwarded to help out to clear CIC back log. China will not make the decision but the visa office where the sponsored person is living.
That doesn't make any sense. I believe they can process the application and maje decisions. If the application is complicated or they need more proof for example if they can't ascertain genuineness of the marriage, then they can send to the visa office of the spouse for interview.

rosamor228

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
When did you submit the application. It seems they sent files submitted in April onward. Mine was April 6th
I submitted jan 2020. Our application was sent to China 5 months during the process. I emailed the visa office in china. Their response was they are responsible for scanning documents due to covid and reduced staff. While their doing it, I received an email from CIC canada that our application was forwarded in Ghana where my husband lives for further processing and we are still waiting for decision made.

Yudieketty

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
I submitted jan 2020. Our application was sent to China 5 months during the process. I emailed the visa office in china. Their response was they are responsible for scanning documents due to covid and reduced staff. While their doing it, I received an email from CIC canada that our application was forwarded in Ghana where my husband lives for further processing and we are still waiting for decision made.
Okay...this is something different. I think either from march or April has been moved to Shanghai. The scanning of doc is before the temporary file number is generated. So its obvious that it was to help hasten the first step which is the AOR and biometrics which come from IRCC. In our own case...scanning was done...Aor, biometrics and SA sent then file moved to Ghana...before being moved to China...according to IRCC agent

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Mine is in HK. Just got there a few days ago. Application received status since January 27th. And to be honest glad it went there and not China.

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Good evening all,
I‘m hoping to get some help. My friend sponsored his wife last January. They received notice that the file was transfer to the Accra visa office back in September 2020, and haven’t heard back since.

Today they decided to track the application, and realized that medical request was sent out on Nov 12, 2020. However, they still have not received it.

My questions are:
1. What are the implications of missing the medical deadline?
2. Will the issue a new medical request if we ask for it?
3. How do I get in touch with cic?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi, please how did you get to know that medicals was requested since last year?
Email or what means?
They requested for only biometrics they didn't request for medicals from my side.

Ehhh

May 2, 2022
Hey, Anyone here, please my family got spousal approval request, but our application was transferred to Accra for further processing, please how long does it take for a reply, because they haven’t even requested biometric even tho we have submitted all other things medicals and police report