Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
If someone with similar experience could advise.

I applied for my wife's outland (Pakistan) sponsorship on May 27, 2013. On June 15th, I got an email from CIC that I have been approved as a sponsor and the file has been transferred to Islamabad for her PR application processing - so far so good.

I applied for her TRV to come visit me here in Canada and that was approved and she came here on September 1st.

Now couple of days ago, I got an email from Islamabad Immigration office in a response to an old query that I had sent regarding some medical exam requirement - They said that my file is in Ottawa and I should contact CIC.

So I called CIC call center today and she confirmed that file is indeed in ottawa. When I asked her why is it in Ottawa when CIC confirmed it was moved to Islamabad in June, she said that maybe now that my wife is here on a TRV, the file has been moved here. I usually don't trust the CIC call center folks with their suppositions.

I have sent an email to CPP ottawa looking for explanation but in the meantime if someone here has had experience of this sort, let me know why the file is in Ottawa and if it'll continue processing here?

Thanks all

Reactions: Mayuri659

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dotmatrix said:
I usually don't trust the CIC call center folks with their suppositions.
Well said!!! It appears that the call centre people have different levels of experience and give different answers.

You are right, I never heard of a case where an outland spouse sponsorship was case was send to Canada just because the applicant spouse went to Canada on TRV. Hopefully you will receive a clear answer from Ottawa. Please inform us of what they say.

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
O_guy said:
Well said!!! It appears that the call centre people have different levels of experience and give different answers.

You are right, I never heard of a case where an outland spouse sponsorship was case was send to Canada just because the applicant spouse went to Canada on TRV. Hopefully you will receive a clear answer from Ottawa. Please inform us of what they say.
Here's Ottawa's response today

Good day,

Your file is being processed by the visa office in Islamabad.

It is part of a work sharing arrangement Ottawa has with Islamabad. While our office has part of your physical file, your application will be processed by an officer in Islamabad, according to the processing times of the Islamabad office. An agent from that office will contact you when more information is necessary.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I never heard of anything like this before. Ouland applications supposed to be at the country of the applicant. I don't know how "part" of the application can be in Ottawa and the other part can be in Islamabad.