+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer from Buffalo to a satellite office (NYC, Seattle, LA, Detroit)

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
beantown said:
My husabnd's application timeline is almost the exact same as yours: filed in Miss. on April 6, sponsor approved early May; began processing June 7. But we've never received anything by email. Was this the first email you got from CIC or Buffalo?

thanks,
same with me my husband application send to buffalo NY last june 2010 but until now no AOR receive from them

silverbee

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2010
File Transfer...
August 15, 2010
Passport Req..
November 9, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
I'm going to send off my passport to NYC today!!!!

I'm thinking of just skipping the pre-paid envelope business and just have them send it back via regular mail (after sending it there with a trackable method). The letter I got said something about having to have a corporate account with FedEx of UPS and I don't... Does anyone have experience with this?

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silverbee said:
I'm going to send off my passport to NYC today!!!!

I'm thinking of just skipping the pre-paid envelope business and just have them send it back via regular mail (after sending it there with a trackable method). The letter I got said something about having to have a corporate account with FedEx of UPS and I don't... Does anyone have experience with this?
Hi Silverbee. Question? Do you know if NYC offers same day visa issuance?

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
Congrats!!

I couldn't do the FedEx route so I did the regular mail return...it was very nerve wracking but my passport came back safely after about 3 weeks.

AngelB said:
Detroit sent my husband the passport request today! I was so happy I cried! He laughed and told me he was coming home... I cried more. Hehe. We hope to land by the end of the month!

Anyone know anything about sending the passport in? My hubs is coming here on the 22nd and we want to mail it from Canada. ;D

Good luck everyone, Detroit is moving SO fast right now!

thebaileyohana

Aug 5, 2010
Hawaii/Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-01-10
AOR Received.
10-16-10
File Transfer...
10-28-10
Med's Request
None
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2010
LANDED..........
19-11-2010
Got the email from LA office today (Nov 16, 2010) saying they've completed processing my application! And I plan to walk in my passport to the LA office when I'm there in 2 weeks.

Oct 15, 2010
Hello everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that i received my PPR today from the NYC office. My file was transferred there on Oct 26, 2010.

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UnitedStateser said:
Hello everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that i received my PPR today from the NYC office. My file was transferred there on Oct 26, 2010.
Was your PPR by email?

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UnitedStateser said:
By the way excuse my bad manners! Congratulations!

Oct 15, 2010
haha, thank you Lila, yes it was by email at the most random time 11:36am today. Funny thing is that I never received anything stating they received my med, or the interview was waived nor any ecas updates. I just received one email before this one requesting my current address. Can't complain, at least they gave it to me without to much hassle.

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UnitedStateser said:
haha, thank you Lila, yes it was by email at the most random time 11:36am today. Funny thing is that I never received anything stating they received my med, or the interview was waived nor any ecas updates. I just received one email before this one requesting my current address. Can't complain, at least they gave it to me without to much hassle.
Awesome! Good stuff! Well for me I know what the hold up is...they requested an additional document which we already sent them...they updated ecas that meds were received and they returned the personal stuff (pics, invitations etc.) sent with the initial application. So, hopefully it's just a matter of time. Get that PP off!!!! ;D

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
GOT PASSPORT BACK IN THE MAIL TODAY!

About three weeks after passport request.

Quick turnaround by NYC Consulate (especially considering how slow mail is to and from rural Nova Scotia, where we live).

thebaileyohana

Aug 5, 2010
Hawaii/Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-01-10
AOR Received.
10-16-10
File Transfer...
10-28-10
Med's Request
None
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2010
LANDED..........
19-11-2010
Spent 6 hrs waiting for my visa today in the LA office and got it! Headed to Canada tomorrow morning to land!

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thebaileyohana said:
Spent 6 hrs waiting for my visa today in the LA office and got it! Headed to Canada tomorrow morning to land!
Happy landing and a warm welcome to Canada!

So let me get this right Buffalo and LA have same day visa issuance but does anyone know or has anyone walked their passport into the NY city office for same day processing?

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
You definitely cannot walk your passport into the NYC office, unfortunately. :'( The instructions are very clear that it can only be submitted by mail. The NYC office mailed my passport back to me about 11 business days after they received it, tho. So that was really quite quick.

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonacker said:
You definitely cannot walk your passport into the NYC office, unfortunately. :'( The instructions are very clear that it can only be submitted by mail. The NYC office mailed my passport back to me about 11 business days after they received it, tho. So that was really quite quick.
Thanks bonacker. Did you mail your passport from Canada or from within the US? We'll be mailing our passport from Canada as my husband is here visiting.