+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fifth & Sixth Draw. Expecting 320+ score will get ITA

Mar 6, 2015
wow...someone has it worst than me...I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully they level the playing field so that candidates like you are integrated.

I hope they fix this soon because it is not bringing the brightest an the best..subtract the 600 points an a 125 addition with a 725 score is someone with secondary education an a mediocre English score...

I have score over 400 and people are talking about improving my score...with what a 6 year doctorate? More work experience...time elapses..

Let us compete fairly...when i hear a score of 800 that doesn't move me, it means you had 200 points so therefore you are not as qualified as I am.

If they do not fix this, this would be a big scam.

Now I am outside of Canada and I hold two passports that do not need entry visas but, finding a job as a faceless name is not working out for me. Job bank job post also look questionable with companies with gmail accounts (no offence google) and non functioning websites.

I am optimistic so...waiting:)

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeh stay positive Frenchy. :)

The other way of looking at that 725 points scenario is that people with an LMIA don't need to worry about gaining any additional points because they don't really need them to be drawn. So they may have a foreign degree or can speak English, etc but don't need to get any of it qualified as they don't need the points. Meanwhile, we're spending money getting ECA on my degree, taking English tests, etc and generally jumping through hoops to find another few extra points. Incidentally, it was my birthday 2 weeks ago and I lost another 10 points off my score! Haha! ;D

Being in Canada, I have spoken to a LOT of people trying to find a way forward. You wouldn't believe some of the Immigration scams I've heard to get LMIAs, etc.

Good luck with your process. At this rate, we may pass each other at the Airport as we're leaving the country and you're arriving. By the way, if you see 2 Canadian children dumped at customs requiring Canada to look after their own citizens, they'll be mine. ;)

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
cheesycheese said:

The other way of looking at that 725 points scenario is that people with an LMIA don't need to worry about gaining any additional points because they don't really need them to be drawn. So they may have a foreign degree or can speak English, etc but don't need to get any of it qualified as they don't need the points. Meanwhile, we're spending money getting ECA on my degree, taking English tests, etc and generally jumping through hoops to find another few extra points. Incidentally, it was my birthday 2 weeks ago and I lost another 10 points off my score! Haha! ;D

Being in Canada, I have spoken to a LOT of people trying to find a way forward. You wouldn't believe some of the Immigration scams I've heard to get LMIAs, etc.

Good luck with your process. At this rate, we may pass each other at the Airport as we're leaving the country and you're arriving. By the way, if you see 2 Canadian children dumped at customs requiring Canada to look after their own citizens, they'll be mine. ;)

LOL for the last sentence :p :p :p...I pity ur scenario though !! :-[...
I have no Canadian education, no Canadian experience, not in Canada ryt now, not even married, nt even having children...so m not in a dilemma like you all.. I hv 413 points...still very desperate to go there..n very frustrated at the new system..

Karolis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Well isnt the idea of the system to secure jobs for Canadians? Therefore, if you dont have LMIA it kind of means you are taking a job that a Canadian wants and can to do. It has nothing to do with how awesome you are. I am not saying this is not a flawed system but given its an election year.. :)

Venky19

Mar 6, 2015
Without LMIA, CIC gives 0 points... even having full time job offer from Top employers..
this just sounds crazy to me... narrowing the dream of having a PR under CEC..

I wish your post to come true to enable eligible candidates apply under CEC

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
cheesycheese said:
Correct.

Even a person who has the following will struggle with the EE system.

* lived and worked in Canada for 3 years on an LMIA-exempt work permit
* already has a stable job, is adding into the Canadian economy and is well integrated into Canadian society
* earns $100k+ and already pays a large amount of money into the Canadian tax system
* is English and therefore has top marks in the English test
* has a Bachelor of Science degree with Honours
* has 2 Canadian children, one aged 2 years and the other 9 months

Oh wait, that's me! So with less than 2 months of my current unextendable work permit left and only scoring 401 points through EE due to not having an LMIA (because I've never needed one before), it's unbelievably frustrating to have been 'forgotten about' and constantly being queue jumped by people who have done none of the above but 'just' have an LMIA. Everyone deserves a chance to live here and the people with LMIAs will have deservedly earned that status but the system is ridiculously flawed when that is the only thing you realistically need.

I've now had to throw $10,000 at an Immigration Lawyer to 'force' a PNP through with no guarantee of success. Additionally, I will probably be unable to work for a 3-4 month period while this mess is being sorted out as I will only be here on a 'tourist visa' at that point. So I'll not be working and therefore not paying into the Canadian tax system. The financial consequences are that I will suffer, my wife will suffer, my 3 children will suffer and I will be using Canadian services because we still live here but not paying any taxes which pays for those services.

I'd love someone to tell me how anyone benefits from that. Well done Canada Immigration. :mad:

Already 36 months in Canada and you did not apply for PR on the 13th month? Am I missing out something in your case?

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Long complicated story but when we arrived 3 years ago, we didn't know if we wanted to make this a permanent move. After 2 years of being here, we realised we didn't want to be anywhere else so started the PR process last May under CEC. CIC returned our first PR application after 3 months due to a ridiculous administration error on one of the forms and then when we submitted the second PR application, we missed the October 20th deadline which of course they didn't inform anyone about until January this year.

Trust me, there's a lot more to this story than I've posted and none of it would paint Immigration Canada in a good light.

cheesycheese

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karolis said:
Well isnt the idea of the system to secure jobs for Canadians? Therefore, if you dont have LMIA it kind of means you are taking a job that a Canadian wants and can to do. It has nothing to do with how awesome you are. I am not saying this is not a flawed system but given its an election year.. :)
If the system is about looking after Canadians, why is it not looking after my 2 Canadian children then?

Incidentally, my job would qualify for an LMIA but with little work permit time left, I can't afford the risk of applying and it being rejected through some ridiculous technicality as my first PR application was. That's why we've taken the PNP route instead and accepted I probably can't work for 3 months while it's processed. Risk management and all that.

So you're right, this isn't about how awesome anyone is and I never said it was. But when you tick practically every box and you're seeing other 'less-qualified' people queue-jumping you because of a lob-sided points scoring system, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. As I said, everyone deserves a chance to be here but the system should be fair and frankly, it isn't.

rifsim1216

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
lets hope for best guys .. all between 350 -450 without LMIA..

1 question ..

today i saw on different post people submitted their eligible EE profile last month with points 350 - 450 ... suddenly got mail showing "ineligible"

really don't understand. its their website problem or technical problem.. and most profiles are not getting submitted .. as soon as its transmitted showing ineligible. or criteria not met..

i hope CIC fix everything quickly and give clear cut process

achhabachha

Jun 26, 2012
Re: Fifth & Sixth Draw - March. Expecting 320+ will get ITA

kainat said:
Guys... You think that JOB BANK will pay no attention to offshore applicants, specially from Pakistan.
?
It is carved in stone that job bank is paying no heed to emails which a candidate posts to apply for a job. It is not operational at all. No one looks at the emails. I have been applying almost every day .... I don't know what is the plan ... what would happen .... request anyone who knows to reply

BabaKasmani

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
cheesycheese said:

I hope things work out for you cheesy,
I am also in a predicament like you My LMIA from my employer expires in May 2015 .
My NOC is 3112 , requires compulsory ECA from MCC , cannot apply without it and takes 3 mths for them to do it..
Hence cant apply for EE

BabaKasmani

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
preeti.msingh109 said:
Isnt it as good as finding a job :p
Sure is easy,try some matrimonial sites ,,you come in on an open spousal work permit :),search for all the jobs you want and you will be preferred over others ...
Lol