+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fifth & Sixth Draw. Expecting 320+ score will get ITA

new_day

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
arajat said:
I believe the cutoff score will be 400 and it won't fall below that
If this is the case, they can not issue more than 5K visas for people without job+PNP+CEC
as in previous year there were not enough applicant above 67 point to fill 25k positions.

gmat

Nov 5, 2014
How will be the future draws distribution? Will they be linear or selectively for NOCs?
If it is linear, then they will not be able to get a proper distribution of candidates. What do you guys think?

There are so many candidates for some NOCs where as very few for others.

anisphysio

Feb 24, 2015
I think future draws will be according to NOC code, as when the score drops below 420 the candidates will be most probably fswp. When they invite people without job offer or pnp they will consider noc code as it s the tool from which cic may predict the succes of the candidate in Canada.

Alwin KJ

Aug 15, 2012
As Rojiv opined,most of the applicants are in the range of 300-350, certainly the cut off points will come down to that level, at least as low as 350. There are not many applicants with LMIA/PNP left in the pool. if you look at the fourth draw cut off points its 635, of which the applicant's own points is only 135 points, obtaining LMIA/PNP is not very easy, hence those who are above 300 still do have a chance to be picked up. The cut off points would definitely come down in the coming months.

Alwin KJ

Aug 15, 2012
Rojiv is correct. Most of the applicants are in the range of 300-350; certainly the cut off points will come down to that level, at least as low as 350.
There are not many applicants with LMIA/PNP. if you look at the recent draw points its 635 of which their own points is only 135 points,
obtaining LMIA/PNP is not very easy, hence those who are above 300 still do have a chance to b picked up. The cut off points would definitely come down in the coming months.

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
Alwin KJ said:
Rojiv is correct. Most of the applicants are in the range of 300-350; certainly the cut off points will come down to that level, at least as low as 350.
There are not many applicants with LMIA/PNP. if you look at the recent draw points its 635 of which their own points is only 135 points,
obtaining LMIA/PNP is not very easy, hence those who are above 300 still do have a chance to b picked up. The cut off points would definitely come down in the coming months.
I really doubt your hypothesis. I know your score may be between 300-350 but be pragmatic.

They are tons of people between 400-500. Having huge huge number of people between 300-350 does not mean the cut off will come as low.

I am at 435 and no hope for an ITA before July.

akyaseen

Jan 6, 2015
Can someone tell me where we can get the info about the Draws? My score is 302. Is it worth waiting for ITA? My FSW application got returned today as it did not reach before the quota of NOC 2173 capped. So applied for Express Entry January 20th. Also would like to know about Job Bank, I just linked Job Bank with my Express Entry application. Is that enough or do I need to put my resume also there.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there is no way to upload your resume to the job bank. i don't know why but canada doesn't work like that..

however you can manually enter your details and kinda build your own resume on there... including skills and stuff...

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only people applying for CEC (with no LMIA/PNP) have points between 400-500 point range. Most people applying for FSW under EE (who don't have LMIA/PNP) have scores between 300-400 range.

The hundred point difference between FSW and CEC applicants are on part of "Canadian work experience".

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
hariskhan said:
Only people applying for CEC (with no LMIA/PNP) have points between 400-500 point range. Most people applying for FSW under EE (who don't have LMIA/PNP) have scores between 300-400 range.

The hundred point difference between FSW and CEC applicants are on part of "Canadian work experience".
Not True...The max point difference can be 80 points....and there are tons of FSW people between 400-500

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
hariskhan said:

There probably are more CEC people in the 400-500 range, but it's absolutely possible for a FSW to be in that range, too (actually, FSW can get even more than 500 points if he/she has great score on every factor + good secondary language test results).

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Granted. I agree, I need to correct my statement.

My point was, its "hard" for those of us who are "outside Canada", who are applying for FSW under EE to score "more" on the points table in CRS, because of the "difference" of "work experience" acquired "inside" Canada. Be the difference 80 or 100.

With the economic conditions in most countries from where applicants apply for immigration, I "doubt" many will opt for secondary language tests for adding points to their immigration application.

SDHILLON1986

Mar 5, 2015
I have a 4 years bachelor degree(India) and I have the ECA for this

I also have a 2 years Canadian diploma

so how much points should I get for my education? I have entered both and I got 112 points

I think I should get 119 as I have one degree and one diploma (equals to two or more degrees or diplomas or certificates)

If I am right which option should I select ( I guess I can't select " two or more degrees/diplomas for a single education)

please advice

Vicky2015

Feb 19, 2015
Re: Fifth & Sixth Draw - March. Expecting 320+ will get ITA

Karolis said:
saying that scores will go down to 320 is waaaay more far fetched. I can almost guarantee scores wont go down below 400. Am I guessing, yes. But am I making a guess that is based on the information I read, yes.
400 score is not that easy to get and also remember target of Canada govt is very high in number to release ITA. Normally deserving person is having 350 and I am sure score my touch to 320 at the end. Please do not give any guarantee, you are not Canadaian official.