+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few more questions about Spouse Sponsorship

rafflone

Jan 21, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm close to meeting my time limit for my "visitor" stay.

I leave on May 10th.

And was wondering if I sent the sponsorship packet out 1st and wait for the approval would I be able to extend my stay. Personally I hear about people sending both the sponsorship application out and the PR application at the same time. If the sponsorship is denied, doesn't that mean the that $500 is waisted?

And if I send out the sponsorship application and let immigration know that, what would the likely chances of them letting me stay past 6 months. Since a visitor can only stay for at most 6 months.

[landed in Nov 23, will leave this May 10.]

[will be applying outland]

Also, If I had to leave, could I send out all the paper work from the US, would I be able to go back to Canada when my application is still in processes? I don't want to have to spend 6-8 months away from him. I could barely stand 4.

Thank you everyone. Your help is most appreciated.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafflone said:
I'm close to meeting my time limit for my "visitor" stay.

I leave on May 10th.

And was wondering if I sent the sponsorship packet out 1st and wait for the approval would I be able to extend my stay. Personally I hear about people sending both the sponsorship application out and the PR application at the same time. If the sponsorship is denied, doesn't that mean the that $500 is waisted?

And if I send out the sponsorship application and let immigration know that, what would the likely chances of them letting me stay past 6 months. Since a visitor can only stay for at most 6 months.

[landed in Nov 23, will leave this May 10.]

[will be applying outland]

Also, If I had to leave, could I send out all the paper work from the US, would I be able to go back to Canada when my application is still in processes? I don't want to have to spend 6-8 months away from him. I could barely stand 4.

Thank you everyone. Your help is most appreciated.
Pay for your PR application online, print the receipt.
Apply to extend your stay before you need to leave, include a copy of the PR application with the extension request.
Once the extension is delivered you will have implied status.

If you leave, yes the outland PR application can be sent from anywhere.

Spouses that require visas are often refused a TRV when a PR application is in process, immigration see a high possibility of overstay.

rafflone

Jan 21, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And this will be sent by mail, right? The extension that is.

I'm from the US, and we don't need a visa, and I thought that I read on the manual that temporary resident holders are not eligible for PR.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafflone said:
And this will be sent by mail, right? The extension that is.

I'm from the US, and we don't need a visa, and I thought that I read on the manual that temporary resident holders are not eligible for PR.
You posted this in the family class sponsorship, I assumed that was what you wanted to apply for.

What class of immigration are you looking at?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Also, you need to submit both the sponsor's paperwork and the applicant's paperwork together when you mail the package to Mississauga. Otherwise it will be returned to you as incomplete. (Not sure if this was what you were referring to when you said "sending both the sponsorship application out and the PR application at the same time".)

rafflone

Jan 21, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baloo said:
You posted this in the family class sponsorship, I assumed that was what you wanted to apply for.

What class of immigration are you looking at?
Spouse sponsorship, and PR, will be applying outland. Under the Family class Sponsorship.

:/ hope that answers your question. Wasn't entirely sure what you meant.

rafflone

Jan 21, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Also, you need to submit both the sponsor's paperwork and the applicant's paperwork together when you mail the package to Mississauga. Otherwise it will be returned to you as incomplete. (Not sure if this was what you were referring to when you said "sending both the sponsorship application out and the PR application at the same time".)
Alright, and yes that is what I ment, and thank you for clearing that up.

If anyone else has anymore information that I might need to know, please tell me.

Thank you again. :)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafflone said:

If anyone else has anymore information that I might need to know, please tell me.

Ok,

the sponsorship part and the applicant part are the whole PR application, as indicated, it all needs to be sent in one package.

You said
If I had to leave,
Do you have to leave, or want to leave on the 10th May ?

Are you aware that you can file an outland PR while in Canada?

FWIW a TRV holder can file for PR, assuming they meet the criteria for the stream they apply in.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
rafflone said:

Sent you a private message!

rafflone

Jan 21, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baloo said:
Ok,

the sponsorship part and the applicant part are the whole PR application, as indicated, it all needs to be sent in one package.

You said
Do you have to leave, or want to leave on the 10th May ?

Are you aware that you can file an outland PR while in Canada?

FWIW a TRV holder can file for PR, assuming they meet the criteria for the stream they apply in.
Alright, and yes, that's what I plan to do, but I just want to be able to remain within Canada while my application is in process.
But If I have to leave [do to immigration, if they deny my extension.] I just want to know if I can send out the Sponsorship and PR while in the states, and will I be able to come back and "visit" during the time that it being processed. Or would I have to wait until the 6-8months is up and then go to Canada. If I were to be accepted for Pr that is.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should be able to visit since you are from the US and visa exempt. However people are occasionally denied entry. So there's never a guarantee.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafflone said:
Alright, and yes, that's what I plan to do, but I just want to be able to remain within Canada while my application is in process.

So apply for an extension before your visit is up, that will add 135 days to your stay, it takes that long to get a decision.
If you include proof that you have applied for PR, then you stand a good chance your stay will be extended.

But If I have to leave [do to immigration, if they deny my extension.] I just want to know if I can send out the Sponsorship and PR while in the states,

Yes you can send it from anywhere.

and will I be able to come back and "visit" during the time that it being processed.

No guarantees at all.

Or would I have to wait until the 6-8months is up and then go to Canada. If I were to be accepted for Pr that is.

Think a bit more positive, WHEN your PR is approved :)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafflone said:
Then I sure hope I will be alowed to stay :'(
Have you started filling out the documentation for the extension to stay?

If not, start now.