+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fee payment- Pakistani

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kat2002 said:
There is a thread/Topic here on this forum for immigration and they might be able to guide you properly as you have a family so people there are in the same boat. Having said that I will try to answer all question regarding education which are based on my research.

1. Depends where you get admission. Normally Toronto and Vancouver would be expensive. Choose 3-4 universities which you think are good for you. Try looking in different provinces and after that look online about living expenses in those 3-4 places and you will get an idea.

2. You have a MBA so you have to go for University and no less than Ph.D else it would be extremely difficult for you to get visa if you again go for master's degree.

3. If you get admission in Ph.D, I think your education expenses will be covered by working in the university and after 6 months you can work anywhere if you need more money i.e. KFC, McDonald etc but not more than 20hrs a week.

4. yes you can go there.

5. you have to show CHC that you have enough money for fee and living. Fee is decided by university and if you get scholarship or funding you can show that and don't have to show any money then but in case you don't get any funding or some funding then this is what CHC required you to have $10,000/yr + $3,000 for extra person so I think, think that you need to satisfy that you have $16,000/yr just for living + Fee. And in reality your living expenses will be 1000+ at least but not less.

6. You can not work full time during your studies. If your grades are good you can apply for PR after 2yrs of starting your Ph.D and if doing masters then after completing masters you will get work visa for three years and after 3 yrs you can apply for PR.

There are people here who have got visa for their study and Open work permit for their spouse. Its a luck game. Some people get it some don't. Some apply for their spouse after reaching canada and some have got rejection as well for their spouse.

I am not scaring you but telling you all parts of a story. My number one advise is that don't even try or think of taking shortcut. Right now you want to apply for study so you can settle in Canada for good. Clear your mind and now think that you actually want to go there and get good education and your purpose of visit is study and you want good grades. If you start with that your mind will be clear and you will be able to take better decisions. Once you are there things will end up as just fine inshahallah.

Best of luck.
thanks a lot again for the kind detailed reply, thanks for taking your precious time out for reading and considering such a lengthy post.

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR.

inshallah I will take your advice and will look into the options I can avail.

regards.

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one more thing just to discuss, I m living in Karachi alone with my family, really cant leave them alone on their own for like one year. I have no relatives to take care of them. I was thinking to take them with me. do you think immigration people will object on that? I have a flat in Karachi on my name and my own small personal business of real estate....if I show them will this wont be enough to satisfy them? also i can show them on my company letter head that i m going on an educational leave so that my job will not be terminated but i have to join back after that.

plus I have funds of about 20lacs rupees, i have to show them all funds or just the required ones? some one told me not to show the extra funds, just uni fees and expenses, cos if u show extra funds they might think we can afford to live there on long terms and wont return back, is it something like that? or is it fine? also can i bring all funds with me? again the same question, they might think why i m bringing in so many funds with me or not?will it create any problem for me?

regards.

kat2002

Aug 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Alhumdulillah In Canada
rogue_shah said:
Ok, sorry, I didn't mean to be a di.ck up there, despite the evidence. I am new here, and I didn't know the way things work here.

I will apply for online then. I do have access to credit card.

Please, I am a computer n0000b. Can you briefly tell me how
1) do I resize all my scans?

2) Which program should I use so all pics some in same pdf.

3) In normal paper application, it was advisible that you add 'titles' so the reviewer understands this batch has education, this batch has financials etc, do I enter titles in online app too?

4) How will biometrics be done, and won't we be required to submit originals?

5) Do you need to get property valuated? or is just giving copy of property's lease document deemed sufficient?
My advice. You are applying in Canada and going to live there for couple of years. Its a tough thing to do and not everyone get the opportunity.

You should try to figure out all above by yourself. At least try google; find close enough answers and see if you can figure it out. After all that you can still ask for help.

You need to submit 5-6 documents and each document must be smaller than 4mb individually.

Just scan as pdf. You can scan multiple pages and tell scanning app that this is one document, it will save it as pdf for you. You can them use Adobe acrobat to combine multiple pdf's and once you are done click "save as" and change the quality or the size there so it comes down to 4mb.

kat2002

Aug 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Alhumdulillah In Canada
farhaantariq said:
thanks a lot again for the kind detailed reply, thanks for taking your precious time out for reading and considering such a lengthy post.

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR.

inshallah I will take your advice and will look into the options I can avail.

regards.
np, its a gave a take thing. People here helped me a lot, now i think its my turn to return :)

Do at least apply in one good university, you never know if adviser likes you and you get full funding. Its luck and good uni means more doors to choose from after studies.

kat2002

Aug 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Alhumdulillah In Canada
farhaantariq said:
one more thing just to discuss, I m living in Karachi alone with my family, really cant leave them alone on their own for like one year. I have no relatives to take care of them. I was thinking to take them with me. do you think immigration people will object on that? I have a flat in Karachi on my name and my own small personal business of real estate....if I show them will this wont be enough to satisfy them? also i can show them on my company letter head that i m going on an educational leave so that my job will not be terminated but i have to join back after that.

plus I have funds of about 20lacs rupees, i have to show them all funds or just the required ones? some one told me not to show the extra funds, just uni fees and expenses, cos if u show extra funds they might think we can afford to live there on long terms and wont return back, is it something like that? or is it fine? also can i bring all funds with me? again the same question, they might think why i m bringing in so many funds with me or not?will it create any problem for me?

regards.
I was gonna write some fact but didn't. If you don't have anyone here to look after for your family then there is nothing you can do about that. Apply with you family then. Immigration ppl won't object. a lot of people take their spouse with them.

You case is weak so now lets see how to make it stronger. Do ask a lot of people here on this form. Don't listen to other friends or relatives who don't even know the spelling of canada and will give you bad advice.

Beware: Avoid all agents at all costs but do visit them, Visit 3-4 agents and just talk to them and see what they say for free. You might get one or two tips from their evil brains :D.

Now you need to show property, make property evaluations. you need tax papers, bank statement, source of income, letter from employer and few missing things that I can't remember now or not know. And most importantly an

EPIC SOP (statement of purpose)

You need to tell them why you want to go to Canada, why you choose canada for studies, what good that will do to your home country and why that university and that course.

Your need to show money for the complete program and 1yrs living expense in advance. People here have showed, 40, 50, 80 to 100lac in their accounts.

And yes you don't need to show any extra fund. I didn't show any extra fund as well and they have not objected till now.
And you can bring upto CAD $10,000 with you without declaring them. If you bring more than that you have to declare them and at that time you actually haven't got study permit yet.

No idea if this is a good advice or not but once you and your family get visa and permit and are in canada, why don't you send your wife back after 2 months lets say and ask here to brings remaining funds? be safe I guess but don't quote me on this. Please ask this to someone else.
Don't wanna advice something wrong, my brain is free and young so lots of ideas :p. Please ask someone about money on the immigration forum

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php#3

If you get admission in Pd.D trust me, your life will be set. You will get funding. probably all of your expenses will be covered including your living expenses. And I think Ph.D's get visa before master's. And they wont even object any family. But they can still reject your case if visa officer is not is a good mood. So best of luck.

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kat2002 said:
I was gonna write some fact but didn't. If you don't have anyone here to look after for your family then there is nothing you can do about that. Apply with you family then. Immigration ppl won't object. a lot of people take their spouse with them.

You case is weak so now lets see how to make it stronger. Do ask a lot of people here on this form. Don't listen to other friends or relatives who don't even know the spelling of canada and will give you bad advice.

Beware: Avoid all agents at all costs but do visit them, Visit 3-4 agents and just talk to them and see what they say for free. You might get one or two tips from their evil brains :D.

Now you need to show property, make property evaluations. you need tax papers, bank statement, source of income, letter from employer and few missing things that I can't remember now or not know. And most importantly an

EPIC SOP (statement of purpose)

You need to tell them why you want to go to Canada, why you choose canada for studies, what good that will do to your home country and why that university and that course.

Your need to show money for the complete program and 1yrs living expense in advance. People here have showed, 40, 50, 80 to 100lac in their accounts.

And yes you don't need to show any extra fund. I didn't show any extra fund as well and they have not objected till now.
And you can bring upto CAD $10,000 with you without declaring them. If you bring more than that you have to declare them and at that time you actually haven't got study permit yet.

No idea if this is a good advice or not but once you and your family get visa and permit and are in canada, why don't you send your wife back after 2 months lets say and ask here to brings remaining funds? be safe I guess but don't quote me on this. Please ask this to someone else.
Don't wanna advice something wrong, my brain is free and young so lots of ideas :p. Please ask someone about money on the immigration forum

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php#3

If you get admission in Pd.D trust me, your life will be set. You will get funding. probably all of your expenses will be covered including your living expenses. And I think Ph.D's get visa before master's. And they wont even object any family. But they can still reject your case if visa officer is not is a good mood. So best of luck.
wow....that's hell lot of knowledge and information....thanks for that.

I agree with u not discussing and taking opinions from family and relative who knew nothing about Canada or even how to make passport!

brother.....I searched on this forum and on internet....people are saying to go for masters cos after 2 years masters course...they provide upto 3 years working visa....and if I get job there for one year...I can apply for PR, I don't have to fulfill FSWP conditions like spouse ietls, 17000CAD for 3 people, 67 points, job in one of NOC fields, etc etc.

in phd stream, its easier to apply...just after 2 years of study I can apply for PR, no exp req, no job req....but I have to satisfy FSWP conditions.....if it is true then the fact is that.....it looks easier to apply under PHD but actually i have to show funds there, my wife have to provide IELTS, i have to make 67 points atleast and so on.......its not a problem for me......but the main thing is funds.....i have to maintain and show 17000CAD required funds for family of 3 for PR......i have total cash around CAD30000 and gold savings of about CAD 15000 only.....nothing else, nothing more.......so if i move under phd with my family.....i intend to go Newfoundland for low cost of living and Memorial university for low cost of studies...then do you think after 2 years of phd i might be in a position to apply having enough funds left?

this is the only serious issue that's giving me so much tension.....otherwise i wud have already applied under phd stream. please advice me on this issue.

thanks.

kat2002

Aug 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Alhumdulillah In Canada
farhaantariq said:
wow....that's hell lot of knowledge and information....thanks for that.

I agree with u not discussing and taking opinions from family and relative who knew nothing about Canada or even how to make passport!

brother.....I searched on this forum and on internet....people are saying to go for masters cos after 2 years masters course...they provide upto 3 years working visa....and if I get job there for one year...I can apply for PR, I don't have to fulfill FSWP conditions like spouse ietls, 17000CAD for 3 people, 67 points, job in one of NOC fields, etc etc.

in phd stream, its easier to apply...just after 2 years of study I can apply for PR, no exp req, no job req....but I have to satisfy FSWP conditions.....if it is true then the fact is that.....it looks easier to apply under PHD but actually i have to show funds there, my wife have to provide IELTS, i have to make 67 points atleast and so on.......its not a problem for me......but the main thing is funds.....i have to maintain and show 17000CAD required funds for family of 3 for PR......i have total cash around CAD30000 and gold savings of about CAD 15000 only.....nothing else, nothing more.......so if i move under phd with my family.....i intend to go Newfoundland for low cost of living and Memorial university for low cost of studies...then do you think after 2 years of phd i might be in a position to apply having enough funds left?

this is the only serious issue that's giving me so much tension.....otherwise i wud have already applied under phd stream. please advice me on this issue.

thanks.
That's exactly what I said earlier.

About money, ask someone on this forum who have done Ph.d from canada and had applied for PR, they will guide you better.

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kat2002 said:
That's exactly what I said earlier.

About money, ask someone on this forum who have done Ph.d from canada and had applied for PR, they will guide you better.
Thanks brother.