+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fee payment- Pakistani

rogue_shah

Apr 8, 2013
Hi , I am from Pakistan (khi)
I have been accepted at Universtify of regina.
I cant seem to find where do I pay the student visa fees!

I can see the visa fees mentioned here:
www (d0t)canadainternational(d0t)gc(d0t)ca/pakistan/visas/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng

which, for my case of student visa seems to be PKR 11,875/-
I can't find fees for biometric nor can I fend information on where to pay it :(

Please help.

WaqasTariq

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
you need to pay in standard chartered Bank. you will get payment form from bank too.
if u r applying online you can pay via credit card.
anyhow bank paymnet method is most widely used in pakistan.
hope this solves problem...do ask if u still have question.

saadengg43

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
go to the Standard Chartered HILL PARK Branch..
they will give you the stdy visa form fill it and pay the fees...
you donot need biometric... it will be starting from dec...

by the for which course are you going??

rogue_shah

Apr 8, 2013
Waqas tariq and saad. Thank you.

I will be applying via paper application. Nearest center is Karachi.

I am from Hyderabad, can I go to standard chartered Hyderabad and ask them for visa payment form or is it Karachi, hill park branch only?

Also, is there a separate fee for biometrics or does the 11,875/- include biometric fees etc, for student visa?

saadsdk

Sep 13, 2012
SadiqAbad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-07-2013
Med's Request
22-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 24-12-2013
bro i suggest you to apply online and pay your fee through credit card 125$. online process in fast and CHC also recommend this process

farhaantariq

May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello dear member,
congrats for departing to Canada and enjoying a world class life.

I have some queries and some fears....plz help and advice me. not only u but anyone can give me guidance on my questions.

my brief intro
im from karachi, done BS 4 years, MBA 2 years....currently working. married and 1 kid of 2 years age. wife is practicing MBBS doctor. I m planning to immigrate to Canada and settle there. I have been into hassle of FSWP sicne 2011...in 2011 time got lost due to preparation of papers....in 2012 they paused the immigration.....in 2013 again due to requirements like credential assessment, spouse ielts....etc....cap is filled for 2174. in next year I m hearing that may be occupation list gona revise and they will open up more medical fields which they didn't included in 2013, and close down IT fields.....but time will tell. since trying from 2011....I m somewhat disappointed in FSWP option. I m considering student visa option as my plan was to get masters or phd from there (whether if I was moved on FSWP), and then apply under many available options for international graduates.

now...considering a family with me....2 dependents (wife gona work after getting work permit and all other requirements)...

question 1.....which city will be cheaper to live in for day to day cost of living? I don't want to get stuck in Nunavut or northern territories due to extreme temperatures?

question 2....should I go for university or private colleges? like some colleges are affiliated with universities.

question 3.....as I m not a rich person, I am looking for affordable education....which cities are considered affordable for international graduates?

question 4.....I have searched on internet that Memorial University in Newfoundland is considered extremely affordable for studies (it was like CAD 6000 for an entire masters course of 2 years!)....how about that? and is Newfoundland an affordable place to live in? is it a good match for affordable living & studying?

question 5....how much it will cost in one year (living+study) including all other expenses for family of 3 on an average?

question 6....if I chose newfoundland, get work permit after 6-8 months...is it good place to get work outside and easily during studying? st john city is quite small but have huge research, oil & gas industries, ocean related industry.....how easily one can get work there? is it good place to settle down in Canada after PR?

ok that's it, I m thanking you everyone for considering my queries and replying them. please guide me and advice me if I can have other good choices and options for immigration, studying and living.

regards.

rogue_shah

Apr 8, 2013
Thank you everyone replying,
Special mention to those hijacking my thread --> Go start your own.

I can't apply through online, because of the stupid limit on file size'

I have tons of docs, and no matter how much I try, files are still bigger then 4mb :(

so is there only one branch in khi where I have to pay the fees or can I go to any branch of standard chartered as I am from hyderabad?

kat2002

Aug 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Alhumdulillah In Canada
Apply online. Its fast but you have to pay with CC if applying online.

kat2002

Aug 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Alhumdulillah In Canada
rogue_shah said:

I have tons of docs, and no matter how much I try, files are still bigger then 4mb :(

so is there only one branch in khi where I have to pay the fees or can I go to any branch of standard chartered as I am from hyderabad?
This is not a gaming or some other thread. Everybody here is to help and there are a lot of people who don't know what to post where to ask questions so they can post here as well. In fact I think same issue should me covered in a single thread rather than everybody making their own and not all of them getting a reply. Be cool and enjoy life. Need any help, feel free to ask :)

saadsdk

Sep 13, 2012
SadiqAbad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-07-2013
Med's Request
22-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 24-12-2013
rogue_shah said:

first dont ask anyone to hijack ur thread...everyone is here fro help...u dont have registry of this thread to ur name...i have 87 pages but u can resize it by adobe acrobate..but its on ur own if u want to apply u can apply easily online...i have 80 pages with 2.5 mb.

kat2002

Aug 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Alhumdulillah In Canada
rogue_shah said:

resize all picture to 1000px max. Save all pdfs for web. Just make the quality low and you will be good.

1000px picture on the long size with 50-60 quality is avg 100kb-130kb, You can have 40-34 documents per pdf. The only place where 4mb will be a issue is where you have to attach financials and stuff. I did it and some people had 40 documents 87 pages :D did it so you can also do it.

Online applications normally get medical call with 7 days, many got in 4 days and some in one day. Best of luck for the application.

saadsdk

Sep 13, 2012
SadiqAbad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-07-2013
Med's Request
22-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 24-12-2013
farhaantariq said:
hello dear member,

I have some queries and some fears....plz help and advice me. not only u but anyone can give me guidance on my questions.

my brief intro
im from karachi, done BS 4 years, MBA 2 years....currently working. married and 1 kid of 2 years age. wife is practicing MBBS doctor. I m planning to immigrate to Canada and settle there. I have been into hassle of FSWP sicne 2011...in 2011 time got lost due to preparation of papers....in 2012 they paused the immigration.....in 2013 again due to requirements like credential assessment, spouse ielts....etc....cap is filled for 2174. in next year I m hearing that may be occupation list gona revise and they will open up more medical fields which they didn't included in 2013, and close down IT fields.....but time will tell. since trying from 2011....I m somewhat disappointed in FSWP option. I m considering student visa option as my plan was to get masters or phd from there (whether if I was moved on FSWP), and then apply under many available options for international graduates.

now...considering a family with me....2 dependents (wife gona work after getting work permit and all other requirements)...

question 1.....which city will be cheaper to live in for day to day cost of living? I don't want to get stuck in Nunavut or northern territories due to extreme temperatures?

question 2....should I go for university or private colleges? like some colleges are affiliated with universities.

question 3.....as I m not a rich person, I am looking for affordable education....which cities are considered affordable for international graduates?

question 4.....I have searched on internet that Memorial University in Newfoundland is considered extremely affordable for studies (it was like CAD 6000 for an entire masters course of 2 years!)....how about that? and is Newfoundland an affordable place to live in? is it a good match for affordable living & studying?

question 5....how much it will cost in one year (living+study) including all other expenses for family of 3 on an average?

question 6....if I chose newfoundland, get work permit after 6-8 months...is it good place to get work outside and easily during studying? st john city is quite small but have huge research, oil & gas industries, ocean related industry.....how easily one can get work there? is it good place to settle down in Canada after PR?

ok that's it, I m thanking you everyone for considering my queries and replying them. please guide me and advice me if I can have other good choices and options for immigration, studying and living.

regards.
1- dont know a specific city which is cheaper.
2- u will not get visa for college as u already have MBA degree...CHC islamabad is not giving visas to college applicants
3-the cities with lower population are cheap. try uni og regina, victoria, saskachewan, memorial uni of new foundsland etc..
4-u can go there...its fee is low..
5-i think it will cost u around 1000$ per mont but dont know exactly its just my idea as i m not in canada..
6-yar if u go in uni u can find work and PR easily after study..
i will advise you dont apply for ur family with you for visa...apply for them after u go there...

kat2002

Aug 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Alhumdulillah In Canada
farhaantariq said:
hello dear member,

my brief intro

regards.
There is a thread/Topic here on this forum for immigration and they might be able to guide you properly as you have a family so people there are in the same boat. Having said that I will try to answer all question regarding education which are based on my research.

1. Depends where you get admission. Normally Toronto and Vancouver would be expensive. Choose 3-4 universities which you think are good for you. Try looking in different provinces and after that look online about living expenses in those 3-4 places and you will get an idea.

2. You have a MBA so you have to go for University and no less than Ph.D else it would be extremely difficult for you to get visa if you again go for master's degree.

3. If you get admission in Ph.D, I think your education expenses will be covered by working in the university and after 6 months you can work anywhere if you need more money i.e. KFC, McDonald etc but not more than 20hrs a week.

4. yes you can go there.

5. you have to show CHC that you have enough money for fee and living. Fee is decided by university and if you get scholarship or funding you can show that and don't have to show any money then but in case you don't get any funding or some funding then this is what CHC required you to have $10,000/yr + $3,000 for extra person so I think, think that you need to satisfy that you have $16,000/yr just for living + Fee. And in reality your living expenses will be 1000+ at least but not less.

6. You can not work full time during your studies. If your grades are good you can apply for PR after 2yrs of starting your Ph.D and if doing masters then after completing masters you will get work visa for three years and after 3 yrs you can apply for PR.

There are people here who have got visa for their study and Open work permit for their spouse. Its a luck game. Some people get it some don't. Some apply for their spouse after reaching canada and some have got rejection as well for their spouse.

I am not scaring you but telling you all parts of a story. My number one advise is that don't even try or think of taking shortcut. Right now you want to apply for study so you can settle in Canada for good. Clear your mind and now think that you actually want to go there and get good education and your purpose of visit is study and you want good grades. If you start with that your mind will be clear and you will be able to take better decisions. Once you are there things will end up as just fine inshahallah.

Best of luck.

rogue_shah

Apr 8, 2013
Ok, sorry, I didn't mean to be a di.ck up there, despite the evidence. I am new here, and I didn't know the way things work here.

I will apply for online then. I do have access to credit card.

Please, I am a computer n0000b. Can you briefly tell me how
1) do I resize all my scans?

2) Which program should I use so all pics some in same pdf.

3) In normal paper application, it was advisible that you add 'titles' so the reviewer understands this batch has education, this batch has financials etc, do I enter titles in online app too?

4) How will biometrics be done, and won't we be required to submit originals?

5) Do you need to get property valuated? or is just giving copy of property's lease document deemed sufficient?