+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FedEx, Sponsor no income, Proof to go back to Canada

johnpeter

Jul 10, 2012
Hi everyone! I know that my questions are so basic and for sure these were asked many times. Here they are anyway:

1. We are applying outland, is it possible if we could send the application package through FedEx?
2. My wife is the sponsor but she doesn't have a job. We are married for almost 5 years now and she have already changed her last name on her passport as well as in the citizenship card into mine. Can she still sponsor me even if she doesn't have an income?
3. My wife doesn't have a job offer letter in Canada and we also don't want to rent a house in Canada while the sponsorship application is in process. What will be our proof that we will go back to Canada once the application is done?

Thanks for all your information.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
johnpeter said:
Hi everyone! I know that my questions are so basic and for sure these were asked many times. Here they are anyway:

1. We are applying outland, is it possible if we could send the application package through FedEx?
2. My wife is the sponsor but she doesn't have a job. We are married for almost 5 years now and she have already changed her last name on her passport as well as in the citizenship card into mine. Can she still sponsor me even if she doesn't have an income?
3. My wife doesn't have a job offer letter in Canada and we also don't want to rent a house in Canada while the sponsorship application is in process. What will be our proof that we will go back to Canada once the application is done?

Thanks for all your information.
-yes you can send your package to mississauga via fedex
-she doesnt need to have a job to sponsor spouse but she needs to write one letter explaining how are you going to support your family, once you move to canada. if you have dependent child, she needs to prove financial eligibility.
- if she is living outside of canada, you need to submit proofs supporting her return to canada after you get PR. (admission letter, job searches and replies from employers, her bank accounts statements in canada, savings, investments, letters from parents, friends and relatives describing your plans of returning and re-establishment in canada, letter from parents or friends offering a place to stay until you find your own place and job)
hope it helps
good luck :)

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I submitted the following as proof of my intention to re-establish in Canada:

1. Job offer from Canadian employer;
2. E-mail correspondence with the Royal Bank and the Bank of Montreal enquiring about mortgage options;
3. E-mail correspondence with a few different realtors enquiring about properties for purchase;
4. Letters from friends and family supporting our decision to move to Canada;
5. Letters from my parents offering us a place to live when we first arrive;
6. 4.5 page detailed account of our plans to cut ties with China and our plans for re-establishing in Canada (single spaced and very personal);
7. Mention of my status as a student at a Canadian university;
8. We included certified copies of our son's proof of Canadian citizenship certificate and also his passport application (he has no official Chinese documents and he is 100% Canadian/Chinese!).

I think there were a couple of other things, but most of it was included in the 4.5 page letter proving my intention to return home. I highly doubt that CIC will think I am going to stay in China. It would be different if I were of Chinese origin, but I am white, so they must understand that I will come home to live in my country. We made sure to mention that we want the best for our son, and China (in our opinion), is not as good for raising children (education, health, freedom, etc..etc..).

Overwhelm them with lots of different evidence. Don't just write out a plan. Include other forms of proof. I think one of the strongest is a job offer from a Canadian employer.

Good luck!

FS

steph816

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
13-06-2011 VO began processing 06-10-2011
Med's Request
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2011, 27-02-2012
Interview........
23-05-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2012
Your sponsor is financially responsible for u so need to give them evidence that this is possible. Can u not give income n employment details of her past or current bank statements? Something showing she can support u financially?

johnpeter

Jul 10, 2012
Thank you everyone for your replies, appreciate it. Will do my best to prove that we can support ourselves when in Canada. Thanks again!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
johnpeter said:
Thank you everyone for your replies, appreciate it. Will do my best to prove that we can support ourselves when in Canada. Thanks again!
Hey johnpeter,

another tip if you want! :)
My partner got approved as a sponsor, and he didn't have a job offer etc. What we did is we wrote a timeline of the steps that we intend to take in order to move, and also got letters from his family saying that they will support us when we arrive...

For the timeline, we got quite specific - try to include the steps that are needed for you to leave the country where you're residing currently, how long in advance you need to cancel your rent agreement etc. Pick a date ( even if you are not completely sure for now) of when you want to land in Canada, and work your schedule"backwards" from there. You can also get some quotes (over the internet) from moving companies, to show that you have looked into the practical aspects of things. You could also buy a fully refundable one way plane ticket, print it, and include it in your application ( and then cancel it later on if you don't intend to use it). If you don't have a job offer to go back to, you need to build your case to show that you will be moving to Canada once your PR is approved, and that you are aware of what it means in terms of practical aspects...

Hope this helps!
Good luck,
Sweden

johnpeter

Jul 10, 2012
Sweden said:
Hey johnpeter,

another tip if you want! :)
My partner got approved as a sponsor, and he didn't have a job offer etc. What we did is we wrote a timeline of the steps that we intend to take in order to move, and also got letters from his family saying that they will support us when we arrive...

For the timeline, we got quite specific - try to include the steps that are needed for you to leave the country where you're residing currently, how long in advance you need to cancel your rent agreement etc. Pick a date ( even if you are not completely sure for now) of when you want to land in Canada, and work your schedule"backwards" from there. You can also get some quotes (over the internet) from moving companies, to show that you have looked into the practical aspects of things. You could also buy a fully refundable one way plane ticket, print it, and include it in your application ( and then cancel it later on if you don't intend to use it). If you don't have a job offer to go back to, you need to build your case to show that you will be moving to Canada once your PR is approved, and that you are aware of what it means in terms of practical aspects...

Hope this helps!
Good luck,
Sweden
Hi Sweden! I didn't think of the timeline, now this is very helpful. Thank you so much.