Med's Done....
august 23nd 2013 Ecase shows received on 12/13.2013
Interview........
RPRF request 02/13/2014
Passport Req..
January 5th 2015
ali_manu said:
Hi

I received an email from CPC asking to send a copy of my valid passport (optionally a scanned copy through email).

This gave me a binary feeling: Hope-giving, because it is the first communication from CIC in last five months; but also frustrating, because I had sent couple of emails with my passport attachment to CPC-Ottawa, once I renewed my passport. It has become clear for me that CPC does not always receive people's emails asking to update their file. Otherwise, they should not have asked me to send a copy, when I had already done that.

Any similar experience anyone before?

Tnx

Sorry t o disturb your excitement
I received a similar email on April, asking me for my passport, the email was confusing as they were asking me to send everything electronicaly, then they said :"ceuillez nous faire parvenir ceci a nos bureaux" which means, please, make sure to send this to our offices in the next 60 days.
I sent them 2 emails asking for a clarification, but no answer, then I had to scan all my passport pages and send them by email.
My surprise was, when I received an email saying that I failed complying to their request. So, I ended up by sending my physical passport.
Once again they sent me another email, apologizing for the technical problem, and they finaly said that they just needed a copy of my passport. and since august, no news from them.
I would advise you to send copies of all your passport's pages, by regular mail, and at the same time, send a scanned version by email.
At this point, nobody can tell you the exact timelines, or whether you are close or no. But I hope it will be faster for you.
I will keep the thread posted, if I receive any update, but I am really not expecting anything in 2014.
I wish you good luck everybody.
And Patience, Patience, and patience.

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
July 02, 2014 App. Received..: July 07, 2014
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
July 03, 2015 (sent July 04, received July 07)
VISA ISSUED...
July 08, 2015 (received pp back: July 15)
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
Hi guys,

Just a small question. It seems several of you are experts at checking timelines for QSW applicants :p Is there a particular thread that is more active than others? I'm curious to know how files are moving for people who applied in 2014.

From your experience in the last year or so, how long has it been taking for a QSW application to become in process AFTER medical results have been received?

Thanks.

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Thanks for your message. You are right. I shouldn't be excited. Specially because this is a simple update as of my passport renewal. Not a request for original passport.

What I have received is that:

---------------
Good day XXXXX XXXXXXX

Please provide us with a copy of your valid passport. You can send a scanned copy by replying to this e-mail.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa/ Centre de traitement des demandes – Ottawa - XXXXXX
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail I Courriel : CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca
Site : www.cic.gc.ca

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case.
+++++++++++++++
Désistement : En fournissant votre adresse électronique, vous établissez une communication par voie électronique avec CIC et, par conséquent, CIC est autorisé à utiliser l'adresse électronique fournie à cette fin, y compris pour la transmission de renseignements personnels au sujet de votre dossier/cas

----------

What I did was that I attached a scan copy and replied to the email. But as you suggested, I may mail them a hard-copies of my passport pages as well very soon (at least to leave no excuse) and wait for their next action.

Thanks for the advice
Hope everything works for u too

osidabdelkader said:
Sorry t o disturb your excitement
I received a similar email on April, asking me for my passport, the email was confusing as they were asking me to send everything electronicaly, then they said :"ceuillez nous faire parvenir ceci a nos bureaux" which means, please, make sure to send this to our offices in the next 60 days.
I sent them 2 emails asking for a clarification, but no answer, then I had to scan all my passport pages and send them by email.
My surprise was, when I received an email saying that I failed complying to their request. So, I ended up by sending my physical passport.
Once again they sent me another email, apologizing for the technical problem, and they finaly said that they just needed a copy of my passport. and since august, no news from them.
I would advise you to send copies of all your passport's pages, by regular mail, and at the same time, send a scanned version by email.
At this point, nobody can tell you the exact timelines, or whether you are close or no. But I hope it will be faster for you.
I will keep the thread posted, if I receive any update, but I am really not expecting anything in 2014.
I wish you good luck everybody.
And Patience, Patience, and patience.

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi

All the files are first pre-screened in sydney, then morved to ottawa. But how this is done is really unknown. For example, I became "in process" almost 7 months after medical. "In process" is usually the time your file is transfered to CPC ottawa.

There are some tips from what I have heard from people and read in forums. Of course they are not exact, but may have impacts:

1- Applicants under PEQ (Experience class) may receive more priorities rather than others (regular CSQ), because PEQs have worked or studied already in Quebec and have language requirements. So they may best be adapted to Quebec society and labor market.

2- Applicants already inside Canada may be given priority to those outside. (since ottawa CPC is responsible for U.S and Canada, U.S applicants may need to wait a little more)

3- Number of applicants in an application may affect. Singles have only one security check. But a family of three need up to triple.

4- One's background is important, too. People with less police certificates have easier checks, rather than those spending more than six months in a third or fourth country (requiring multiple police certificates).

In overall it is complicated.......:D :D

jad_montreal said:
Hi guys,

Just a small question. It seems several of you are experts at checking timelines for QSW applicants :p Is there a particular thread that is more active than others? I'm curious to know how files are moving for people who applied in 2014.

From your experience in the last year or so, how long has it been taking for a QSW application to become in process AFTER medical results have been received?

Thanks.

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
As a 2013 applicant I should say you should receive AOR and Medical within 6-8 weeks. However some 2014 applicants had to wait longer like up to 10-12 weeks. Hopefully you'll receive AOR before holidays.

MAX_87 said:
Hello,

My application was received by CIO, Sydney at the end of this September. Is it normal that I still dont have any news from them?

Thanks

MAX_87

May 18, 2014
ali_manu said:
As a 2013 applicant I should say you should receive AOR and Medical within 6-8 weeks. However some 2014 applicants had to wait longer like up to 10-12 weeks. Hopefully you'll receive AOR before holidays.
Thank you very much for your reply! :)

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
September 22, 2014 Med's Received: October 16, 2014 In Process.......: May 26, 2015 Decision Made..: May 30, 2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
ali_manu said:
Hi

All the files are first pre-screened in sydney, then morved to ottawa. But how this is done is really unknown. For example, I became "in process" almost 7 months after medical. "In process" is usually the time your file is transfered to CPC ottawa.

There are some tips from what I have heard from people and read in forums. Of course they are not exact, but may have impacts:

1- Applicants under PEQ (Experience class) may receive more priorities rather than others (regular CSQ), because PEQs have worked or studied already in Quebec and have language requirements. So they may best be adapted to Quebec society and labor market.

2- Applicants already inside Canada may be given priority to those outside. (since ottawa CPC is responsible for U.S and Canada, U.S applicants may need to wait a little more)

3- Number of applicants in an application may affect. Singles have only one security check. But a family of three need up to triple.

4- One's background is important, too. People with less police certificates have easier checks, rather than those spending more than six months in a third or fourth country (requiring multiple police certificates).

In overall it is complicated.......:D :D
Hi Ali,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll be happy if I get an "in process" update in 7 months after medical exam request. For some reason, it seems this year it's taking relatively longer than last year. At the beginning, I was much more optimistic as I have seen so many cases of people who applied in early 2013 and got their PRs in 10 months only (some even 8!!). It seems this year it's slower. Let's see.

Good luck to you!

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hello

Finally I received my PPR earlier December. Sorry to let you know a little late. I had some issues. My status also changed to DM few days later. Good news is CIC has started working on Quebec files. PEQ applicants (singles) applying by late 2013 or early 2014, should receive something good, if not received any yet.

I have another issue, now: I sent my PP to CPC-ottawa (the PO Box address) with Xpresspost, but I receive no update for track history after "out for delivery" since a week ago. It is making me a little worried. Does anyone have a similar experience before with Xpresspost, Canada post?

Cheers and enjoy holidays

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
ali_manu said:
Hello

Finally I received my PPR earlier December. Sorry to let you know a little late. I had some issues. My status also changed to DM few days later. Good news is CIC has started working on Quebec files. PEQ applicants (singles) applying by late 2013 or early 2014, should receive something good, if not received any yet.

I have another issue, now: I sent my PP to CPC-ottawa (the PO Box address) with Xpresspost, but I receive no update for track history after "out for delivery" since a week ago. It is making me a little worried. Does anyone have a similar experience before with Xpresspost, Canada post?

Cheers and enjoy holidays
Hi Ali,

Congrats man!!! Finally, someone from Quebec is giving good news! I thought they had forgotten about that province!! :p

Did you try calling them? It has probably been delivered already, and the guy might have forgotten to update it or something? Although it should be automatic when they take the recipient signature on that small machine they carry with them...

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Thank you very much

Yes :D. It seems that now is Quebec's turn ;D. Two of my friends also received their PPR almost with me. They applied at October 2013 (I am November 2013).

I have tried to contact Canadapost, but they did not give me clear answers. One told me ".....becasue your destination address is PO Box we cannot provide you further updates regarding confirmation of delivery or signatures, but from our experience it must have been delivered".

Unfortnately the track number of the return pack is also not in the system yet (showing they have not yet issued a visa to send me back my PP). I hope everything goes well after PPR. Suggest not sending your PPs with xpresspost in case of PPR. send it with regular mail to the "non-PO BOX" address. With this, they at least give you an update.

jad_montreal said:
Hi Ali,

Congrats man!!! Finally, someone from Quebec is giving good news! I thought they had forgotten about that province!! :p

Did you try calling them? It has probably been delivered already, and the guy might have forgotten to update it or something? Although it should be automatic when they take the recipient signature on that small machine they carry with them...

jad_montreal

Aug 29, 2014
Montreal, QC
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
September 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 18, 2015
ali_manu said:
Thank you very much

Yes :D. It seems that now is Quebec's turn ;D. Two of my friends also received their PPR almost with me. They applied at October 2013 (I am November 2013).

I have tried to contact Canadapost, but they did not give me clear answers. One told me ".....becasue your destination address is PO Box we cannot provide you further updates regarding confirmation of delivery or signatures, but from our experience it must have been delivered".

Unfortnately the track number of the return pack is also not in the system yet (showing they have not yet issued a visa to send me back my PP). I hope everything goes well after PPR. Suggest not sending your PPs with xpresspost in case of PPR. send it with regular mail to the "non-PO BOX" address. With this, they at least give you an update.
Thanks for the tip! I'm should be sending my passport actually for temp. resident visa renewal so I'll take by your advice.

All the best for the remainder of the process. You're almost there! :)

osidabdelkader

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
New York- USA
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Doc's Request.
Requested Police certificate fom my homecountry 04/03/2014
File Transfer...
Ecas went "In Process" 04/02/2014
Med's Request
august 22nd 2013
Med's Done....
august 23nd 2013 Ecase shows received on 12/13.2013
Interview........
RPRF request 02/13/2014
Passport Req..
January 5th 2015
ali_manu said:
Thank you very much

I am assuming all of you guys are inland. correct?

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Yeah. Me and my other two friends are currently living in Montreal since few years ago. we are PEQ and we are all singles.

I hope every one else who has not yet received PPR or DM to get something, soon. I don't think there are too many applicants remained from 2013 and before.

osidabdelkader said:
I am assuming all of you guys are inland. correct?

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Thank you

For TRV it should be ok. I already sent my PP to PO box address for TRV couple of times and received confirmation of delivery, too. Just send it in a way you mostly trust. TRV address is different from PR, although they are both named as CPC-Ottawa.

jad_montreal said:
Thanks for the tip! I'm should be sending my passport actually for temp. resident visa renewal so I'll take by your advice.

All the best for the remainder of the process. You're almost there! :)