+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Stage after CSQ via PEQ

vivo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
Hello

I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing continuous delay in PR being processed after CSQ/PEQ. I finished my studies last June and was fortunate to get my CSQ quite quickly. I applied for PR in August 2018 at which point the processing time was around 18 months, so I was expecting to have made good progress in the process by the end of this year. However, I notice that the processing time keeps extending and today I just checked and it is now saying that estimated completion date is June 2020 instead of February 2020.

Does anyone know what reasons are behind the continuous delays? It feels like this could stretch out for a very long time and what was a comfortable time period with my PGWP could start to feel uncomfortable. And as a temporary resident, I feel my life here is precarious even though I have moved my family and whole life here.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello

I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing continuous delay in PR being processed after CSQ/PEQ. I finished my studies last June and was fortunate to get my CSQ quite quickly. I applied for PR in August 2018 at which point the processing time was around 18 months, so I was expecting to have made good progress in the process by the end of this year. However, I notice that the processing time keeps extending and today I just checked and it is now saying that estimated completion date is June 2020 instead of February 2020.

Does anyone know what reasons are behind the continuous delays? It feels like this could stretch out for a very long time and what was a comfortable time period with my PGWP could start to feel uncomfortable. And as a temporary resident, I feel my life here is precarious even though I have moved my family and whole life here.
Two things -
Quebec PR Quota
- Backlogs

Only by end of next year things may move according to processing time

Reactions: ncat99

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Hello

> Does anyone know what reasons are behind the continuous delays

CAQ government is anti immigrant and they cut down Federal Quota for skilled immigrants by 20%. Thats why the delays shot up from 17 months to 22 months currently.

> And as a temporary resident, I feel my life here is precarious even though I have moved my family and whole life here.

You are not alone :) , expect more immigrant bashing from CAQ government as they are revamping Bill 101.

> what was a comfortable time period with my PGWP could start to feel uncomfortable.

You already have CSQ and have applied at Federal stage, can't you extend your work permit with just a job offer letter from your employer and CSQ. Or PGWP do not have that option ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Immstu