App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Here is the text of Tim Leahy's latest email to me (received a few hours ago).

Subject line of the email: possible certified question

Good day,

Here are my ideas on proposed questions for certification. It will be Rocco who will be submitting them, and we have not discussed anything yet.

In order to appeal a decision, the deciding judge must "certify a question of general importance", which is defined as one (a) where, if answer in the opposite manner would reverse the decision and (b) which is important to more than just the litigant. So long as at least one question is certified, all issues may be raised at the Federal Court of Appeal (FCA).

Proposed Questions for Certification

1. Does a ruling, directly affecting over 1,000 litigants, constitute a decision of “general importance” in that its disposition concerns more than a single litigant, and, thus, requires certification of its central issue; viz., whether the Protocol is enforceable?

2. Where a ruling uphold a provision, challenged on grounds either not previously raised; i.e., concealed in a budget bill; or, when raised previously; i.e., the alleged unconstitutionality of baring the Court from hearing cases; not expressly rejected; i.e., no analysis the issue is to be found in those decisions; and that provision affects, according to Justice Rennie, 600,000 plus their dependants) [Liang at ¶4], has an issue of “general importance” been identified?

3. Does the principle of stare decisis apply when a superior court has rejected a legal argument without having met the Sheppard test; [2002] 1 S.C.R. 869]; of providing analysis and a cogent reason for having done so?

4. Does a lower court commit reversible error when it holds itself bound by a superior court’s ruling when that ruling contains no explanation of how or why the alleged finding was made?

5. Is the constitutional imperative of judicial independence violated when a provision inserted into a budget bill bars the Court from adjudicating cases which that provision spawns?

6. Is a court’s obligation to apply the law as written coterminous with the authority of a court to rule on a litigant’s case?

7. If Parliament may inoculate itself from judicial scrutiny, may it bar a theoretically independent court from continuing to dispose of pre-existing proceedings; i.e., after the Crown has charged X with terrorism, may Parliament bar the Court from ruling on the charge?

8. Who has the burden of proving that a provision, tucked into a budget bill and totally unrelated to the budget, received customary parliament scrutiny the Crown or party asserting the obvious [¶62]?

9. Is reversible error committed by accepting sans evidence that customary parliament scrutiny occurred for a provision, tucked into a budget bill, but unrelated to a budget?

10. Does customary parliament review occur where the Government tucked a provision, unrelated to a budget, into a budget bill, where, if the budget bill is defeated, the Government’s MP’s, who voted against the budget, will lose their job?

11. Does a Court err when it holds that a provision, concealed in a budget bill and totally unrelated to the bill’s stated purpose, constitutes the “Parliament’s clear will and intent” [¶93]?

12. When a vested right; i.e., honouring of the Protocol; pre-exists a statutory provision, which abolishes the underlying basis of that vested right, is that vested right abolished although the statutory provision, drafted by the party who created the vested right, does not purport to terminate the force and effect of that vested right?

13. Is the Minister free to escape vicarious liability when his lawyer drafts and signs an agreement, which he is committed to honour, because it was not the lawyer who had already conceived a scheme to avoid honouring the agreement in the event that the applicants won, but, rather, senior officials, including his deponent [¶32]?

14. Where a party drafts, signs and files with the Court an agreement he had no intention of honouring, is that party deceiving both the Court and the other party?

15. Where the Court refuses to enforce an agreement the Crown drafted, signed and filed with the Court, is the Court encouraging the Crown to defraud both the Court and the opposing party, thereby bringing the administration of justice into disrepute?

16. In the legal apartheid of immigration law, is the black letter law that, where ambiguity is claimed to exist, it should interpreted in favour of the non-drafting party of no force and effect when the Crown drafts the document, which it claims to be ambiguous?

17. If this black letter law applies even in the legal apartheid of immigration law, does a judge err by blaming the non-drafting party for the ambiguity he holds the Crown intentionally crafted in order to con the opposing party and any honourable judge?

18. Does the Supreme Court’s holding that a provision “must be interpreted having regard to the object, text and context of the provision, considered together”, Medovarsky v MCI, [2005] SCR 2 529, 2005 SCC 51; only apply if, by adhering to this rule, only the Crown wins?

19. If, however, equality before the law has not legally been abolished in the legal apartheid of immigration law, would “having regard to the object, text and context of the provision” mean, because the lead litigant prevailed and has his immigrant-visa application processed to visa issuance, that his co-litigants, too, are entitled to the same result – especially when any other interpretation would mean that the Minister intended to deceive the Court and the other litigants and, if permitted to succeed, that the Court encourages such deceit?

20. Keeping in mind that, only after the Protocol had been filed, did the Minister moot the possibility of terminating the files and never before in the history of the Dominion has any Government terminated pending immigration files – which files the Minister kept telling the applicants would be processed “in due course” [¶¶33,43,48, Liang] – did the Supreme Court of Canada err in Public School Boards' Assn. of Alberta v. Alberta (A-G), 2000 SCC 2, [2000] 1 SCR 44, where it held: “Neither the Court nor opposing counsel should have to engage in clairvoyance”; or, if it did not, do Supreme Court rulings not apply in the legal apartheid of immigration law unless they favour the Minister?

21. If, however, this Court is bound to adhere to Supreme Court pronouncements even when they favour applicants, has the Court committed further legal error by having imposed on Mr. Leahy to duty to be clairvoyant [¶97]?

22. Is Williams, 129 FTR 240 (FCA), where the FCA held that “when [...] there is no evidence to the contrary, the Court must assume that the decision maker acted in good faith bad law...”, now bad law: i.e., must private counsel presume that DoJ lawyers are acting in bad faith and, where they fail to do so, the Court properly rules against their clients?

23. If Wiliams is not bad law, does reversible error result when the Court holds that applicants’ counsel erred in acting on the basis that the Minister and his lawyers were acting in good faith and in a manner consistent with the lawyer’s duty under the Professional Rules of Conduct?

24. Does the statutory rule on interpretation also apply to the Court’s claiming that Clause 14’s “possible disposition” of the applicants’ files? [The Court holds that it means that the respondent knew that it was intending to abolish the files and, thus, in order to shield itself from being obliged to honour the Protocol, inserted “possible disposition”. It could, however, equally mean that “possible disposition” related to the contingency that the applicant must prevail in the lead case before mandamus would follw.] If so, does “possible disposition” mean that the respondent deceptively inserted “possible”, as opposed to the clear “unless barred by law”; or does it mean “possible disposition assuming that the applicants prevail”?

25. Does the Court’s holding that applicant’s counsel should have known that “possible dispassion” meant that the Minister was planning to terminate the files mean that Justice Barns was asleep at the switch when he permitted this terminology or that he was fully aware of that possibility and choose to ratify the deceit; i.e., does the Court have any responsibility in this matter?

26. Where a decision turns on an issue the prevailing party never asserted and the Court concealed from the losing party until using it to rule against it; i.e., that (a) applicant’s counsel could reasonably have known that the Minister was planning to terminate the files and should have insisted on clearer wording and (b) was in a position to impose terms upon the Crown; has the Court committed reversible err by, putting it politely, being “coy”, as Justice Muldoon so eloquently expressed in Chowdhury v. MCI, (1998) 43 ImmLR(2d), applied in Forooghm v. MCI, 2012 FC 1171, Phelan., J.

27. Did the Court deny the applicants procedural fairness by concealing from their counsel a finding he made on an issue the respondent never made, which finding the Court deployed to allow the Crown not to honour its promise to the applicants?

28. Where the Court and Crown advise applicants’ counsel that they want all the cases to proceed together and the Court said that, if the parties do not agree, it would impose its own terms, does the Court bring the administration of justice into disrepute by bending over backwards to allow the Crown to wiggling out of the agreement?

29. Where the Court required the applicants to join together under a lead case, and where, after drafting the Protocol, the respondent tucks a provision into a budget bill in order to avoid honouring the agreement, would ruling in the applicants’ favour nunc pro tunc to the date the Protocol was filed constitute acting “irrespective of Parliament’s clear will and intent” [¶93]?

30. Where the Court rules that the respondent’s use of A25.2 to rectify its error in issuing immigrant visas to applicants assessed after 29 March 2012 and visaed after 29 June 2012 applied “only to a small number of individuals” [¶72] and there is no evidence on record to how many applicants were involved, has the court made a finding-of-fact not supported by the record?

31. While Justice Rennie in Tabingo was dealing with what he said were 600,000 applications [Liang at ¶4] when he referred to the beneficiaries OB 479-B as “small number”, would it not follow that, because enforcing the Protocol would only affect 1,000± applicants, per Tabingo, it would be applied “only to a small number of individuals”?

32. Is the Supreme Court of Canada’s ruling in Suresh binding in disposing of the applicant’s citing to s. 25 and s. 25.2 to as a means to overcome the respondent’s claim that the Minister would be “acting contrary to law” in refusing to honour the Protocol [¶73] or, may it be distinguished in order to ensure justice and avoid encouraging fraud?

33. Who, in ruling in the Minister’s favour, properly defined the parameter of s. 25 (and its subsequently added provisions): Justice Kelen in De Guzman at ¶¶53-55, 2004 FC 1276, where he held that it may be used to overcome any provision or Justice Russell, who at ¶71, held that it may not be used to overcome any provision Parliament enacted?

eb_babak

Jan 29, 2016
When justice Russell declined to deal with our case objectively, at the start (introduction) of reason for judgement, I read he quoted:
"A. Legislative Amendments

Legislative amendment to Act have eliminated the legal obligation of
and Immigration Canada [CIC] to process every FSW application and request received. The
amendments, made by way of Bill C-50, also empowered the Minister of Citizenship and
Immigration [Minister] to implement Ministerial Instructions in regards to processing priorities
'and requests in accordance with the Government of Canada's immigration goals, including
reduced application processing times, and greater overall efficiency."

The question came to my mind right away after seeing this, was whether CIC had the legal obligation to process every FSW received before the amendment?
If so, at the time people had applied the amendment was not in effect (the fact that CIC requested processing fee at the time of application confirms so).
Now if the amendment has become retroactive, that wound not relieve the government from the burden of processing the applications which were filed before the amendment came to effect, retroactively or otherwise.. No matter how retroactive the 'law maker' make his law, the legal obligation will remain valid as the applications have been filed under the promise of process. Notwithstanding with the fact that the Canadian law could not apply to non-Canadian as in another case Judge has used it as a reason to reject the application of Charter or Rights to FSW applicants to non-residents.

If I read this correctly, and if CIC had legal obligation to process the applications before Bill C-50 came into effect , then both the retroactivity of the law is bogus and government (in its best chance) should pay millions of dollars in being dishonest, false advertising, fraud and deception for accepting and keeping processing fee with the intention of not processing the application(while under legal obligation). C-38 and C-50 , clearly show that government was not bound to process the application.
If there was no such an obligation at first place, then no pressing fee should have been requested until the file was going to get processed.

This is critical matter (and a winning argument) which has been overlooked.
I am all for the appeal if any questions get certified but I doubt that Canadian justice system is prepared or capable of being Independent from political and social trend. A court with international jurisdiction should be the way to go. Canada is owing each and every FSW applicant, big compensation for the the financial and mental damage it had inflicted mentally and financially by false advertising with the intention of abuse or process. Whether the intention of abuse was there at first place or has been inserted later by introducing unilateral amendment which wiped out government's obligation retroactively. This, as far as my personal view goes, is not allowed under common law of any society. One can not commit himself and then decide to uncommitt himself without being held responsible. Somebody should teach this 'civilized' nation that they can not play with people's life and then retroactively offload its responsibility by approving something which is politically motivated.

Am I correct on this or I am misleading myself?

eb_babak

Jan 29, 2016
PMM said:
Hi

1. Keep in mind that Tim Leahy has been disbarred as a lawyer.
Mr. galati has been representing the case in court. Being disbarred does not mean a lawyer is not a lawyer or should have no effect on client and the case, it simply means that the lawyer can't represent clients. I am pretty sure M.r leahy being disbarred has something to do with him being problem for corrupt justice system. He is not type of person who bows to unjust and corrupt judges.

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
eb_babak said:
When justice Russell declined to deal with our case objectively, at the start (introduction) of reason for judgement, I read he quoted:

and Immigration Canada [CIC] to process every FSW application and request received. The
amendments, made by way of Bill C-50, also empowered the Minister of Citizenship and
Immigration [Minister] to implement Ministerial Instructions in regards to processing priorities
'and requests in accordance with the Government of Canada's immigration goals, including

The question came to my mind right away after seeing this, was whether CIC had the legal obligation to process every FSW received before the amendment?
If so, at the time people had applied the amendment was not in effect (the fact that CIC requested processing fee at the time of application confirms so).
Now if the amendment has become retroactive, that wound not relieve the government from the burden of processing the applications which were filed before the amendment came to effect, retroactively or otherwise.. No matter how retroactive the 'law maker' make his law, the legal obligation will remain valid as the applications have been filed under the promise of process. Notwithstanding with the fact that the Canadian law could not apply to non-Canadian as in another case Judge has used it as a reason to reject the application of Charter or Rights to FSW applicants to non-residents.

If I read this correctly, and if CIC had legal obligation to process the applications before Bill C-50 came into effect , then both the retroactivity of the law is bogus and government (in its best chance) should pay millions of dollars in being dishonest, false advertising, fraud and deception for accepting and keeping processing fee with the intention of not processing the application(while under legal obligation). C-38 and C-50 , clearly show that government was not bound to process the application.
If there was no such an obligation at first place, then no pressing fee should have been requested until the file was going to get processed.

I am all for the appeal if any questions get certified but I doubt that Canadian justice system is prepared or capable of being Independent from political and social trend. A court with international jurisdiction should be the way to go. Canada is owing each and every FSW applicant, big compensation for the the financial and mental damage it had inflicted mentally and financially by false advertising with the intention of abuse or process. Whether the intention of abuse was there at first place or has been inserted later by introducing unilateral amendment which wiped out government's obligation retroactively. This, as far as my personal view goes, is not allowed under common law of any society. One can not commit himself and then decide to uncommitt himself without being held responsible. Somebody should teach this 'civilized' nation that they can not play with people's life and then retroactively offload its responsibility by approving something which is politically motivated.

Even i feel that we will not get justice from Canadian Courts and Govt. International Court of Justice is where we should have filed this case
If you are Tim's client, share your thoughts with him. at this time we all need to get together and brain storm with all ideas we have.

hamid22

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
Excellent and very well argument. if we all pre-Feb 2008 applicants including non litigant get together and form a team and combat for our legal right, I am sure we will succeed because we are claims are justifiable and we are rightful.

eb_babak said:

jigs_india

Dec 12, 2012
Any update from good, kind and benevolent govt., hungry of more refugees, after verdict of their popets, I they empathized backloggers before election

IMRANKHANJADOON

Aug 3, 2013
QUOTE FROM

eb_babak

QUOTE FROM
eb_babak

In my view, the judge was just looking into his pension when ruling, nothing else
Judge has ignored the condition that the parliament has authorized Jason kenney to implement his personal agenda, impacting so many people, hiding it in budget bill.
Anyways, appeal should be a way to go based on Tim's take on this.
Furthermore, a petition should be signed by Canadian resident friends and family members of those who have impacted and given to the parliament
A letter with as many signature as possible should be sent to minister of immigration
And finally,
We should find somebody in a national newspaper to write about this unjust justice and expose how liberals have followed the footsteps of Conservatives.
The main reason this so-called judge tossed around the case and eventually shot it dead was that we did not raise our voice. Judges listen to socity's pulse before ruling.

Humbly Request / Comments from Imran Khan Jadoon!
In respect of all litigants and non litigants Canadian backlog applicants all over the world.
It will be stupid mistake if we all including my self ( Non-Litigant) still looking for favor or positive Decision from Justice Russel,I think we all live in the heaven of stupids.

BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

I request all of you to coordinate and make a group of applicants
( litigants & non litigants) all over the world and lodge an appeal before

INTERNATIONAL COUT OF JUSTICE HAGUE NETHERLAND.

We should all contribute 100 Canadian dollars from each applicant,deposit and hand over that amount to reliable person e.g eb_babak , Warmest, Hamid 22 ,Jatt- Warrior, hire a Lawyer and lodge an Appeal.

In addition to my self a lot of personnel from Pakistan,Indian ,Sri lanka ,European Arab Countries ready to join our group.

TIME IS RUNNING OUT

I request all of you to please do some thing for your children who are at one time were kids and now they are Young Boys & Girls.

DON,T THING

We are Pakistanis,we are Indians,we are Arabs,we are Europeans.

THINK ABOUT

We are one United group,we have one Cause.

CANADA IS OUR HOME
WE LOVE CANADA
GOD BLESS CANADA

Regards

IMRAN KHAN JADOON
EAMIL: imrankhanjadoonca@hotmail.com

jagjyot

Sep 21, 2015
2. Who may submit cases to the Court? International Court of Justice

Only States are eligible to appear before the Court in contentious cases. At present, this basically means the 192 United Nations Member States.

The Court has no jurisdiction to deal with applications from individuals, non-governmental organizations, corporations or any other private entity. It cannot provide them with legal counselling or help them in their dealings with the authorities of any State whatever.

However, a State may take up the case of one of its nationals and invoke against another State the wrongs which its national claims to have suffered at the hands of the latter; the dispute then becomes one between States.

jigs_india

Dec 12, 2012
Bhai,

Canadian govt are not listening to their courts, they didn't hear during Rennie's judgment, change judge of their ease and reversd his decision.

We hope and pray we win in international court, would they be binding them self to that decision.

sam3333

Nov 1, 2015
Dear All

This Judgement and some previous judgements are good a lesson for all of us. It clarify that there is no justice all our world. Govt. , court do whatever serve their purpose(s). Today Canadian court is justifying this with wrong arguments but tomorrow if you as a applicant will do some minor mistake and that too unintentionally in your application they will reject your case throwing all type of legal issues including honesty expected from you, on your face and same arguments will be used against you.

jigs_india

Dec 12, 2012
Dear Seniors,

Can we publicize this decision through media, and can we get government's Inputs, or can write in nice professional language on behalf of us 1300 litigants of Tim. From inputs of decision, as last from last paragraph it also seems to taken by prejudice towards Tim.

As ultimately, they are one who has to act, they can deffer or act if they want.

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
jigs_india said:
Dear Seniors,

Can we publicize this decision through media, and can we get government's Inputs, or can write in nice professional language on behalf of us 1300 litigants of Tim. From inputs of decision, as last from last paragraph it also seems to taken by prejudice towards Tim.

As ultimately, they are one who has to act, they can deffer or act if they want.

You all are free to protest the way you feel is OK. Publicizing this decision through media is a good option.Finally each and everyone of us has suffered.

jigs_india

Dec 12, 2012
2 2016-02-03 Ottawa Applicant's Certification of Issues Pursuant to S. 74(d) of IRPA to be certified for appeal filed on 03-FEB-2016
41 2016-02-03 Ottawa Solicitor's certificate of service on behalf of Rocco Galati confirming service of document 40 upon Respondent by e-mail on 03-FEB-2016 filed on 03-FEB-2016
40 2016-02-01 Ottawa ****** CANCELLED ****** .. filed on 01-FEB-2016

Are 40 from us going for appeal ??

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
jigs_india said:
2 2016-02-03 Ottawa Applicant's Certification of Issues Pursuant to S. 74(d) of IRPA to be certified for appeal filed on 03-FEB-2016
41 2016-02-03 Ottawa Solicitor's certificate of service on behalf of Rocco Galati confirming service of document 40 upon Respondent by e-mail on 03-FEB-2016 filed on 03-FEB-2016
40 2016-02-01 Ottawa ****** CANCELLED ****** .. filed on 01-FEB-2016

Are 40 from us going for appeal ??
I have confirmed Tim my participation for Appeal. Will pay $100 whenever he asks for.