+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit

ninamaiya

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Sujman said:
If you want to know what has exactly happened, you may have to spend sometime reading old posts in this forum from the very begining. There are some speculations as well and those you have to ignor. Further you can refer to few cannda immigration websites/do a serch on FSW backlog reduction Canada and all deatils will be there. It is just amatter of spending sometime and read, if you have time. Further, if you come to know that your case is exactly affected, if you wish you can probably join with Mr. Tim Leahy to litigate against CIC. Class action challenging s87.4 is at appealing stage for which you cannot join at this juncture.
I COULD I KNOW WHETHER MY CASE IS AFFECTED OR N OT COZ IN FEB 2013, MY PP WAS ASKED TO B SENT AND LATER RETURNED.
SO WE ARE WAITING SINCE WE ARE TOLD THAT BACKGROUDN CHECK CUD TAKE SEVERAL MONTHS. SO WE ARE SIMPLY WAITING. JUST TELL ME HOW COULD WE ASSUME OR FIGURE OUT THAT OUR CASE IS AFFECTED.
BEING RESTLESS , I'M SEARCHING THE FACTS AND COULD KNOW FEW OF THINGS THRO' U GUYS.
THANX

farmerofthedell

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-09-12
AOR Received.
2014-12-30
File Transfer...
2015-01-08
Med's Request
2015-07-02
Med's Done....
2015-07-07
Passport Req..
2015-08-04
VISA ISSUED...
2015-08-21
LANDED..........
2016-03-18
ninamaiya said:
I COULD I KNOW WHETHER MY CASE IS AFFECTED OR N OT COZ IN FEB 2013, MY PP WAS ASKED TO B SENT AND LATER RETURNED.
SO WE ARE WAITING SINCE WE ARE TOLD THAT BACKGROUDN CHECK CUD TAKE SEVERAL MONTHS. SO WE ARE SIMPLY WAITING. JUST TELL ME HOW COULD WE ASSUME OR FIGURE OUT THAT OUR CASE IS AFFECTED.
BEING RESTLESS , I'M SEARCHING THE FACTS AND COULD KNOW FEW OF THINGS THRO' U GUYS.
THANX
Was there an official letter from CIC stating what they were doing to your file when your PP was returned?
If you are one of the lucky 20,000, a positive outcome would be for CIC to ask for your PP again.
To determine if your file has NOT been terminated "by operation of law" (s87.4), best to apply for a copy of your CAIPS.

ninamaiya

Star Member
May 3, 2013
farmerofthedell said:
Was there an official letter from CIC stating what they were doing to your file when your PP was returned?
If you are one of the lucky 20,000, a positive outcome would be for CIC to ask for your PP again.
To determine if your file has NOT been terminated "by operation of law" (s87.4), best to apply for a copy of your CAIPS.
when they returned our pp, they said that our background check is left , thanking for having patience. It could take several months for BC. ..... What does it mean..... Any idea??

deep_kang

Mar 20, 2013
TO ALL SENIORS IN THIS FORUM,

KINDLY HELP ME .. CHECK MY ELIGIBILY FOR QSW

a. Educational Attainment – B.sc Nursing -
b. Area of Training – Nursing
2. Experience - 6 month -
3. Age - 25
4. Language
a. English - awaiting ielts exam next wkend
b. French - passes DELF A1 and b2 this month
5. Family and Stay in Quebec - None -
6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner: I am single,
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – 15,000 CAD
I will take your advice seriously. I have all my documnets with me but just waiting to take the ielts exam.
and what will be happnd after 31 july ?

farmerofthedell

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-09-12
AOR Received.
2014-12-30
File Transfer...
2015-01-08
Med's Request
2015-07-02
Med's Done....
2015-07-07
Passport Req..
2015-08-04
VISA ISSUED...
2015-08-21
LANDED..........
2016-03-18
ninamaiya said:
when they returned our pp, they said that our background check is left , thanking for having patience. It could take several months for BC. ..... What does it mean..... Any idea??
That's why I'm asking if there's a letter. If it's orally relayed to you, it might not be accurate. If there is a letter in Feb or Mar 2013 stating that they are conducting a background check as a last step, then you just need to wait, and it seems that you have successfully hurdled the June 29 2012 barrier.

ninamaiya

Star Member
May 3, 2013
farmerofthedell said:
That's why I'm asking if there's a letter. If it's orally relayed to you, it might not be accurate. If there is a letter in Feb or Mar 2013 stating that they are conducting a background check as a last step, then you just need to wait, and it seems that you have successfully hurdled the June 29 2012 barrier.
hello friend,
thanx for the response. u sound bit positive to us..............ahhhh long breathe..............thanx friend. eventhough until and unless any decision made, noone can predict nothing........
anyway, friend, we are returned pp with a letter mentioning that we are under the background check and same letter is also forwarded through the mail too...................so it gives some relief according to u...right???
thanx a lot!!

ninamaiya

Star Member
May 3, 2013
farmerofthedell said:
hello friend,
u also seem to be the applicant of 2007. what's going on with your file then???

anwaraziz123

Jan 31, 2013
[deep_kang-Check my Eligibility]
Hello Deep,
Here is points calculation for you:
Age =12 points
Education=21
Work Exp. =0 (you must have at least 1 year work experience to become eligible)
IELTS= see table below to calculate
L R W S Points
6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0 4 x 4
7.5 6.5 6.5 6.5 5 x 4
8.0 – 9.0 7.0 – 9.0 7.0 – 9.0 7.0 – 9.0 6 x 4

Result: Prima facie, you do not seem to be eligible as you do not have work-experience of at least one year

ddomng

Jan 7, 2013
Hi Guys,
Just wud like to know did you had the same msg.
I did check my Ecas the last time online was 04 Jan 2013 and I read:

"WE STARTED PROCESSING YOUR APPLICATION ON OCTOBER 2006.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

My application was a normal application , i.e with full documentation.
I did not receive any request 4 docs or whatever...

What do you recommend me to do?
Thxs for your kind support. :-\ :(

ninamaiya

Star Member
May 3, 2013
ddomng said:
Hi Guys,
Just wud like to know did you had the same msg.
I did check my Ecas the last time online was 04 Jan 2013 and I read:

"WE STARTED PROCESSING YOUR APPLICATION ON OCTOBER 2006.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

My application was a normal application , i.e with full documentation.
I did not receive any request 4 docs or whatever...

What do you recommend me to do?
Thxs for your kind support. :-\ :(
which year application regirstration?
have u gone thro' ILTS examination medical , and required fees such as rfpf etc???? and finally decision made or what???? not so clear.....

ddomng

Jan 7, 2013
ninamaiya said:
which year application regirstration?
have u gone thro' ILTS examination medical , and required fees such as rfpf etc???? and finally decision made or what???? not so clear.....

Had done IELTS & TEF and submitted all on Sep 2006 with process fees. Application Filed on Sep 2006 & AOR Oct 2006.
Then no avail. No Medical req. Recvd a letter some years back inviting to cancel application. and that's all. no correspondence ever.
Please advise.

Heard that lawyers are making an appeal!!! Can somebody confirm that information?
Cheers.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
ninamaiya said:
hello friend,
thanx for the response. u sound bit positive to us..............ahhhh long breathe..............thanx friend. eventhough until and unless any decision made, noone can predict nothing........
anyway, friend, we are returned pp with a letter mentioning that we are under the background check and same letter is also forwarded through the mail too...................so it gives some relief according to u...right???
thanx a lot!!
Hi Nina,

I followed your posts on this thread. If i'm not wrong, it seems that you recently received a letter from CIC - informing that they are doing background check? If that letter is dated after 29th March - then i guess it is a good news. That is the date when the Federal court ruled against the pre2008 FSW application. (http://www.cicnews.com/2013/04/federal-court-rules-wouldbe-immigrants-042426.html)

So - if you received the letter after 29th March - and you want to know what's going on - you can do 2 things:

1 - Email the office where your application is being processed (email which ever office you have been corresponding with) OR

2 - You can make an online ATIPrequest. Its basically your file in the CIC's computer - where all the updates on your case are logged in by a visa officer. So you will know where they are stuck, or what stages have already been processed.

[size=10pt]
Below is the link for the online ATIP request (access to info & privacy):
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
[/size]

There is NO FEE for this request.

But you cannot apply yourself. You have to authorize someone living in Canada to send this request on your behalf. It can be anyone - your friend or just anyone who is trustable, who you know and who you feel comfortable to share your critical information with. They will have to attach a scanned copy of their own license (to show their Canadian address) + a letter OR a form as indicated on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=465&t=1)

You can simply forward them the link for ATIP above - and ask them to send the request. All details are in the link. Your authorized person will receive an email response within 4 week from CIC - a pdf file - that will be like 30-40 pages and it will give you an idea of the progress of your application. Below

All the best.

msohail

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
I WAS WILLING TO APPLY THIS YEAR FOR CANADIAN IMMIGRATION UNDER FSW CATEGUORY BUT DUE TO DELAY IN IELTS FROM MY SIDE AND WES AND HEC LENGHTY PROCESS I DONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO APPLY THIS YEAR SO ANY EXPERT HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT NEXT YEAR THAT GOVERNMENT WILL ANNOUNCE FSW CATEGUORY OR NOT AND WITH SAME OCCUPATION OR NOT OR ANY OCCUPATION WHICH YOU THINKS THAT IT WILL THERE CONFORM?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
msohail said:
I WAS WILLING TO APPLY THIS YEAR FOR CANADIAN IMMIGRATION UNDER FSW CATEGUORY BUT DUE TO DELAY IN IELTS FROM MY SIDE AND WES AND HEC LENGHTY PROCESS I DONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO APPLY THIS YEAR SO ANY EXPERT HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT NEXT YEAR THAT GOVERNMENT WILL ANNOUNCE FSW CATEGUORY OR NOT AND WITH SAME OCCUPATION OR NOT OR ANY OCCUPATION WHICH YOU THINKS THAT IT WILL THERE CONFORM?
Your Caps Lock key broken?