+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suppose the ruling was only for the 87.4 litigants and does not apply to Tim's cases.

Hence, if any1 here also has a case filed under Tim, then there maybe a different outcome for his lot..

Just my thought....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Gaber1 said:
is there any chance for modifying Justice rennie ruling by higher court?.
Yes - there's a chance. But that will take an appeal which means more money will be required from the litigants to pay for the lawyer's fee. I think someone else said that litigants would have to pay another $700 in legal fees to go to appeal.

sbernados

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP 02-05-2018
Doc's Request.
PNP 15-06-2018
Nomination.....
17-08-2018
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Med's Request
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Passport Req..
07-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2019
LANDED..........
07-06-2019
scylla said:
Yes - there's a chance. But that will take an appeal which means more money will be required from the litigants to pay for the lawyer's fee. I think someone else said that litigants would have to pay another $700 in legal fees to go to appeal.
They're crazy. Lawyers and kenney were playing game to the litigants.they're all after the money.tsk tsk. What happened to canada.

Forever Victory

Mar 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
Nomination.....
November 2013, by God's Grace
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
IELTS Request
IELTS submitted: 01-11-2013
Med's Request
Soon, in God's perfect time
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 2014 by God's Grace
Please advise, should I file for refund now or should I wait for progress in appeal if there will be any. Your comments please. Thank you.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Forever Victory said:
Please advise, should I file for refund now or should I wait for progress in appeal if there will be any. Your comments please. Thank you.
I'd file the refund now b.c god knows how long it would take. The more you wait, longer you'll have to wait for it. Besides, if you don't ask for your refund, CIC might find other ways to keep it.

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
Preferably pci should go for appeal in the fedral court against the Justice rennie judgement.Although it will likely take more than a year to decide the matter by court and by that time conservatives may be thrown out of office by opposition and things can go in favour of backloggers.This is entirely my own opinion.

Knight_Crusader

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
hopefulever said:
Preferably pci should go for appeal in the fedral court against the Justice rennie judgement.Although it will likely take more than a year to decide the matter by court and by that time conservatives may be thrown out of office by opposition and things can go in favour of backloggers.This is entirely my own opinion.
I think you have not been following the news over different media and the statistics here on the forum properly.
Its only the litigants, their lawyers and a few select MP's who want to discredit Kenny/Party, are against 87.4.

Larger population including migrants who are already in Canada justify what Kenny did ! This is not being selfish on their part but that is the ground reality.

What has happened is bad from the litigants perspective but that is not the majority view, even in the parliament , It was a necessity and lawful ! Few things work for some and don't work for some, It cant be helped !

So even if the Opposition came back to power, they would only be grateful to Kenny for clearing the immigration mess which they have immense contribution too (2000-2006) ! They are now pressurizing Kenny to cut the back log on citizenship for which again past policy of Liberals is to be blamed ( immigration without skills restriction ) ! Poor Kenny is like a handy man, mopping up the mess of Liberals although being a conservative MP and Minister for the greater good of Canada and Canadians !

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
This is in present what we see. Scenerio may be different in 2015 if opposition returns. Then they will start blaming consers for this mess and court cases and inhuman treatment meted to backlogged genuine cases.At that time every one will curse consers for this whole mess. Time will prove this and by then if this forum stays in existance, many of the backloggers and sufferers will be on this thread and you will run away.

Knight_Crusader

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
hopefulever said:
This is in present what we see. Scenerio may be different in 2015 if opposition returns. Then they will start blaming consers for this mess and court cases and inhuman treatment meted to backlogged genuine cases.At that time every one will curse consers for this whole mess. Time will prove this and by then if this forum stays in existance, many of the backloggers and sufferers will be on this thread and you will run away.
The same was said few weeks back to a few months back. Its not about people (or me) running away. In the current scenario whats a more practical approach is what should be discussed. The litigants have already lost a lot of money and had many a sleepless nights. This should not happen again .

Too err is human, but not to learn from it is not !

Ps. Also lets say , its takes another 5 years to go through supreme court etc. What would be the age of litigants, would they be able to do survival jobs or compete against people who are half their age !
If PR is what the Litigants are expecting, will not happen through this process. If compensation has been promised by the lawyers, a farce again !

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
Many will be in favour of completing the process till end of the road ,not a question whether they get pr or not. we have already suffered a lot. the scene of life has been stalled for the last many years and it is not possible to erase from the memories till end of life. what most of us has lost, only they can judge. it is not pr which is not available which matters now, but it is the missed opportunities in terms of children career, investment, financials and many more which by any means can not be recovered in the present life.In 2003 had some one invested those 75000/-IR properly , it might have fetch him not less than 25 to 30 lacs if not more.A 100 sq yard house in good locality amounted to Rs 1.5 L to 2.0 L which now if some one like to buy will cost Rs 50 L. So tell me where is the justice. It is very easy to use power to take decisions without /with knowledge of having any adverse affect on lifes of many familes. But had he who take such a decision, stop for a while and think the adverse affect on those will be affected by that decision, A sensible man will never go ahead and reverse. But alas this has not happened and as a result many families has been ruined.God know what will happen to them in rest of their life.

Knight_Crusader

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
hopefulever said:
Many will be in favour of completing the process till end of the road ,not a question whether they get pr or not. we have already suffered a lot. the scene of life has been stalled for the last many years and it is not possible to erase from the memories till end of life. what most of us has lost, only they can judge. it is not pr which is not available which matters now, but it is the missed opportunities in terms of children career, investment, financials and many more which by any means can not be recovered in the present life.In 2003 had some one invested those 75000/-IR properly , it might have fetch him not less than 25 to 30 lacs if not more.A 100 sq yard house in good locality amounted to Rs 1.5 L to 2.0 L which now if some one like to buy will cost Rs 50 L. So tell me where is the justice. It is very easy to use power to take decisions without /with knowledge of having any adverse affect on lifes of many familes. But had he who take such a decision, stop for a while and think the adverse affect on those will be affected by that decision, A sensible man will never go ahead and reverse. But alas this has not happened and as a result many families has been ruined.God know what will happen to them in rest of their life.
Are you aware for family of 3-4 , what is the cost of living in Canada ? Compare that against the earnings..you would never be able to buy property anywhere in the world , working in Canada. Its not the money that Canada offers, its the quality of life.
In Canada , you spend what you earn ( many in debts too !) . People mistake it as a land like USA offering $$$. For such people, the gulf, Singapore, USA are options...certainly not Canada.

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
I am not talking of me only but of many whom I know. As for as me I am not worried for pr if I get it or not. Today i am worth of more than Rs CD 35L eqult to CD > 300L. I am enjoying my life here in india. an i have no worry. I agree with you that it is quality of life which canada offers that is why we prefer it. Other wise my close relatives in canada and citizens are some what dependent on me and am happy to help them in many ways and doing this. Comparatively if i calculate I am not behind them and also I hear many times of their frustartions and willness to return to India. But what they will do here now is a big question and postpone their plans.I have also proofs of many of my friends who are canadian citizens and returned to india and doing and happy on their previous jobs. Their families are staying back in canada.So it is the false superioity which Mr kenney is trying to show which is not the correct way .

applicantpre8

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2004
Doc's Request.
July 2008
Med's Request
Now Tired of Waiting...........
Med's Done....
Eye side getting weak & weak waiting POSTMAN & checking Email
Found this post at other forum..

I thought little bit different. I may be wrong. But issue is debatable.

As considering to Indian courts.

Que: Can Session Judge at District level has jurisdiction to Strike/change the law passed by State Govt. or Indian parliament??
Ans: No.

Que: Can High Court of Punjab & Haryana change/Strike the Law passed by Karnataka, Maharashtra or any other state of India & Indian Parliament?????
Ans. No. High Court of Punjab & Haryana can only strike the law passed by Punjab & Haryana state. It has no Jurisdiction on any other state of Indian Govt.

Que: Can Supreme court of India can Strike down the law passed by any state or Indian Govt.????
Ans: YES. Full Powers are with Indian Supreme court to strike down law unconstitutional law made by State Govt. & Indian Parliament.

If we correlate with Canadian courts. Justice Rennie is right that he has not powers to give decision against Canadian Parliament. It is doubt that we will win in FCA. Only Supreme court of Canada can give us the justice. I don't know that applicants can directly approach to Supreme Court of Canada or they have to go through Channel using Federal Court of Appeal. Lawyers can put light on it.

In the net shell fight is going to much longer. Those who had patience may reach Canada.

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
April 19, 2013

The Federal Court of Canada has dismissed the application for judicial review. However, Mr. Justice Rennie, who issued the ruling, has left the door open for a possible appeal.