+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit

HSBenipal

Mar 12, 2013
LIFE IS A GAMBLE. That's absolutely true. But those who are applying now they are happy because there application will be processed faster and they are trying to justify the decision taken by the court. But at one point of time we were also thinking like this don't worry time changes very fast. Nobody knows what is going to happen tomorrow. But spirit should be that its better to loose after fighting (for justice) till u throw the towel in the ring but the towel is still with us who knows that towel will help u to wipe ur tears if the decision changes in the Supreme court.

annel

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Sout Africa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2007
AOR Received.
27-12-2007
Federal Court Appeal Proceeding

Dear Applicants and Counsel,

As many of you know by now the Federal Court of Canada has dismissed the application for judicial review. We are very disappointed but want to thank many of you that have taken the time to write in and show your support.

Do We Appeal?

We have taken a few days to closely review the decision and have decided we do intend to seek instructions from our clients to proceed with an appeal. Some clients have already advised us they wish to move forward with the appeal. Clearly Justice Rennie certified questions for appeal, which he did not have to do, so that the Federal Court of Appeal could review his findings and the very serious issues this case entails. The litigation is unprecedented and affects hundreds of thousands of people and therefore warrants further consideration by a three judge panel at the Court of Appeal.

What This Means for Applicants

At present, it appears that the Federal Government intends to continue with its plan to eliminate pre-February 28th, 2008 files. As part of this process, government processing fees will be returned to applicants and this will continue. Should an appeal be successful processing of files would resume and/or leave to appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada is a possibility.

Next Step

We must file the appeal within thirty days of Justice Rennie’s decision. Appeals are usually heard at the Federal Court of Appeal within 8-9 months. Given the importance of this case, the fundamental issues that remain unsettled, the number of lives this profoundly affects, we are prepared to move forward with this appeal and not charge you additional legal fees. Given the thousands of dollars this appeal would cost we would appreciate, without obligation on your part, a $150.00 contribution per main applicant. Payment can be made by cash/debit card, e-transfer, direct deposit at any TD bank, wire transfer, certified cheque, money order, bank draft, or credit card by calling into our office to process your credit card payment by telephone. You may contact Parminder Kaur in our Accounting Department at pk@bellissimolawgroup.com and discuss your preferred payment method.

You will have to communicate your intention to join the appeal and sign a new retainer agreement by Friday May 10th, 2013.

Court Costs

There always remains the possibility the Federal Court and/or Federal Court of Appeal can award costs against the applicants, although the likelihood of this is low considering the public interest in Constitutional litigation. Justice Rennie has asked for submissions on costs within twenty days of his decision.

Can I Join the Appeal?

No, only those clients who filed an application for leave at the Federal Court will be permitted to be part of the proceeding before the Federal Court of Appeal.

What if I Do Not Want to Appeal?

There is no obligation that you join the appeal and should the law be struck down you may still benefit. However, we cannot take any more steps on your behalf and/or include you in any potential settlements should those arise. We will close your file.

Closing Remarks

We appreciate this has been a very long and frustrating journey, but it is one that has not necessarily concluded. We remain committed to this process and will continue to work diligently on your behalf. We await your instructions.

Sincerely Yours,

Mario D. Bellissimo, LL.B., C.S. David Cohen
Bellissimo Law Group The Law Firm of Campbell, Cohe

plaran

Jan 25, 2013
annel said:

As many of you know by now the Federal Court of Canada has dismissed the application for judicial review. We are very disappointed but want to thank many of you that have taken the time to write in and show your support.

Do We Appeal?

We have taken a few days to closely review the decision and have decided we do intend to seek instructions from our clients to proceed with an appeal. Some clients have already advised us they wish to move forward with the appeal. Clearly Justice Rennie certified questions for appeal, which he did not have to do, so that the Federal Court of Appeal could review his findings and the very serious issues this case entails. The litigation is unprecedented and affects hundreds of thousands of people and therefore warrants further consideration by a three judge panel at the Court of Appeal.

At present, it appears that the Federal Government intends to continue with its plan to eliminate pre-February 28th, 2008 files. As part of this process, government processing fees will be returned to applicants and this will continue. Should an appeal be successful processing of files would resume and/or leave to appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada is a possibility.

Next Step

We must file the appeal within thirty days of Justice Rennie's decision. Appeals are usually heard at the Federal Court of Appeal within 8-9 months. Given the importance of this case, the fundamental issues that remain unsettled, the number of lives this profoundly affects, we are prepared to move forward with this appeal and not charge you additional legal fees. Given the thousands of dollars this appeal would cost we would appreciate, without obligation on your part, a $150.00 contribution per main applicant. Payment can be made by cash/debit card, e-transfer, direct deposit at any TD bank, wire transfer, certified cheque, money order, bank draft, or credit card by calling into our office to process your credit card payment by telephone. You may contact Parminder Kaur in our Accounting Department at pk @ bellissimolawgroup.com and discuss your preferred payment method.

You will have to communicate your intention to join the appeal and sign a new retainer agreement by Friday May 10th, 2013.

Court Costs

There always remains the possibility the Federal Court and/or Federal Court of Appeal can award costs against the applicants, although the likelihood of this is low considering the public interest in Constitutional litigation. Justice Rennie has asked for submissions on costs within twenty days of his decision.

Can I Join the Appeal?

No, only those clients who filed an application for leave at the Federal Court will be permitted to be part of the proceeding before the Federal Court of Appeal.

There is no obligation that you join the appeal and should the law be struck down you may still benefit. However, we cannot take any more steps on your behalf and/or include you in any potential settlements should those arise. We will close your file.

Closing Remarks

We appreciate this has been a very long and frustrating journey, but it is one that has not necessarily concluded. We remain committed to this process and will continue to work diligently on your behalf. We await your instructions.

Sincerely Yours,

We will continue our fight.

rafiqjp

Jan 10, 2013
Knight_Crusader said:
I think you are speaking out to yourself loud and addressing yourself with due respect.
Nevertheless , I will address this.

Immigration is a privilege of any country, not a fundamental right. So yes, they can cancel the application and even revoke PR and Citizenship at a later stage. Are we so small not to understand this. Probably why, the doors were closed.
Dear brother, I am sorry for previous post using indecent word.

It is not important to me either door is open or close. I live in Japan (not my country) and am doing a good job. This is the best country to live in, but only for language problem I wanted to migrate Canada. I am not blind or mad. I know well that they have full right to take any decision regarding immigration. They can refuge anyone at any stage, but there must be logical system. They did not follow any system. Their way of termination of all applications for a certain period is not supportable by any means. This is why when some one try to talk in favor of their spiteful attitude, I can't control myself.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
Was this supposed to be a poem? If so, the grammar and rhythm is totally off.
This much one says in deep sorrow or in fullest joy. The member is in deep sorrow.
And you are looking for grammetical mistakes because you are not in that boat. Had you been on that side your words would have been different. Mind it. Only wearer knows where shoe pinches.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

People here are talking about laws of the Federal Govt. and Court's jurisdiction. But I have seen laws are amended but with mass movements. Only mass movements can change the mood of the Federal Govt.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafiqjp said:
Dear brother, I am sorry for previous post using indecent word.

It is not important to me either door is open or close. I live in Japan (not my country) and am doing a good job. This is the best country to live in, but only for language problem I wanted to migrate Canada. I am not blind or mad. I know well that they have full right to take any decision regarding immigration. They can refuge anyone at any stage, but there must be logical system. They did not follow any system. Their way of termination of all applications for a certain period is not supportable by any means. This is why when some one try to talk in favor of their spiteful attitude, I can't control myself.
That's my view too.

Knight_Crusader

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
annel said:

Do We Appeal?

We have taken a few days to closely review the decision and have decided we do intend to seek instructions from our clients to proceed with an appeal. Some clients have already advised us they wish to move forward with the appeal. Clearly Justice Rennie certified questions for appeal, which he did not have to do, a. so that the Federal Court of Appeal could review his findings and the very serious issues this case entails. The litigation is unprecedented and affects hundreds of thousands of people and therefore warrants further consideration by a three judge panel at the Court of Appeal.

At present, it appears that the Federal Government intends to continue with its plan to eliminate pre-February 28th, 2008 files. As part of this process, government processing fees will be returned to applicants and this will continue. b. Should an appeal be successful processing of files would resume and/or leave to appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada is a possibility.

Next Step

We must file the appeal within thirty days of Justice Rennie's decision. Appeals are usually heard at the c. Federal Court of Appeal within 8-9 months.

Court Costs

d. There always remains the possibility the Federal Court and/or Federal Court of Appeal can award costs against the applicants, although the likelihood of this is low considering the public interest in Constitutional litigation. Justice Rennie has asked for submissions on costs within twenty days of his decision.

Sincerely Yours,

a. as i already mentioned, judge rennie's findings will be reviewd and appeal would be dismissed. as the judge's findings are very clear.
b. will never happen, this is just a marketing strategy. messing with the pre-2008 emotions further with false hopes.
c. they say 10 months in total, read it as a year and a half ! How old will we be then ? fit enough for survival jobs ? Also, even if the processing did start, the court cannot order the CIC to over look the needs of the economy and fast track the litigants.
d. this is a dangerous clause ! Please be careful.

Enough time has been wasted. Out of so many pre 2008 applications, how many joined the litigation ? does it not convey something. Its not fighting for injustice or rights. Its a law ! You cant win against it.
Pre 2008's please move on ! You are just making the lawyers richer..and letting them mess you up with false hopes.
according to me, they are more evil than Kenny ! preying..

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
annel said:

Do We Appeal?

Next Step

We must file the appeal within thirty days of Justice Rennie's decision. Appeals are usually heard at the Federal Court of Appeal within 8-9 months. Given the importance of this case, the fundamental issues that remain unsettled, the number of lives this profoundly affects, we are prepared to move forward with this appeal and not charge you additional legal fees. Given the thousands of dollars this appeal would cost we would appreciate, without obligation on your part, a $150.00 contribution per main applicant. Payment can be made by cash/debit card, e-transfer, direct deposit at any TD bank, wire transfer, certified cheque, money order, bank draft, or credit card by calling into our office to process your credit card payment by telephone. You may contact Parminder Kaur in our Accounting Department at pk @ bellissimolawgroup.com and discuss your preferred payment method.

Court Costs

Can I Join the Appeal?

Closing Remarks

Sincerely Yours,

That's a very honourable move by Bellissimo and Campbell&Cohen. I wonder if other lawyers will join...

umerrais79

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad than London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2005
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
30-08-2005
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
29-09-2010 From Islamabad to London
we dont have black money to pay to lawyers any more even it is is $1 or $150. lawyers Canadian government everyone already looted us so no way to pay them a single penny

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umerrais79 said:
we dont have black money to pay to lawyers any more even it is is $1 or $150. lawyers Canadian government everyone already looted us so no way to pay them a single penny
You should be less annoyed and more thankful. Read carefully, they are proceeding with appeal FOR FREE. If that's your feel about Canadian law, why do you want to immigrate to Canada at all?
As i wrote before, there are many things i don't like here, but if you can't find the will to accept and respect the Canadian law then it's better you stay outside.

plaran

Jan 25, 2013
Do judges always have correct rulings? if yes why is there a court of appeal?
The answer is no. in many occasions judges have made mistakes because of complexity of a case, like our case. The verdict will be corrected by the court of appeal.

Knight_Crusader

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
plaran said:
Do judges always have correct rulings? if yes why is there a court of appeal?
The answer is no. in many occasions judges have made mistakes because of complexity of a case, like our case. The verdict will be corrected by the court of appeal.
I agree with what you say, but in this case, the judge has justified his ruling beyond any reasonable doubt. His findings are in notes, which cannot be contested or difficult to prove otherwise.

sashali78 said:
You should be less annoyed and more thankful. Read carefully, they are proceeding with appeal FOR FREE. If that's your feel about Canadian law, why do you want to immigrate to Canada at all?
As i wrote before, there are many things i don't like here, but if you can't find the will to accept and respect the Canadian law then it's better you stay outside.
I think you have to read it properly yourself brother. Its not free, they are charging $150 and have asked interested applicants to conact office to pay through card, wire transfer etc !
Also, are you aware of the cost implications that could be awarded against the litigants. I think the litigants group should not push the minister further. The lawyers will not only bill you for the litigation cost, if there is any costs awarded in favor of CIC against the litigants, it will only be passed on to the litigants by their lawyers, nothing is free my brother !

applicantpre8

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2004
Doc's Request.
July 2008
Med's Request
Now Tired of Waiting...........
Med's Done....
Eye side getting weak & weak waiting POSTMAN & checking Email
Dear CanadianGal75,

If you are unable to understand this then please contact TIM UPPAL(Khabba Tatta of Kenney). He will translate this line to you for me.

CanadianGal75 said:
LOL!

Excuse me I don't understand the bolded ""Soondi Muzz payi hai, Te Bund katte di patti Jandi hai.."", its not in English and yes I am a Kenney supporter and NEWS that the majorty of Canadians support this

applicantpre8

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2004
Doc's Request.
July 2008
Med's Request
Now Tired of Waiting...........
Med's Done....
Eye side getting weak & weak waiting POSTMAN & checking Email
Thanks Bellissimo & David Cohen for fighting for us. $150 is a very reasonable fee demanded by you at this stage.

Some taut of Kenney misguided applicants in the last page that lawyers will charge $700. :mad: :mad: :mad:

annel said:

Court Costs

Sincerely Yours,