26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
joe07 said:
This is an old article. looks fare to me on PNP for backloggers :) if the Govt looks at this possiable option
http://www.bellissimolawgroup.com/about-bellissimo-law-group/bellissimo-law-group-breaking-news
OLD is GOLD ... :D

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wounderful said:
OLD is GOLD ... :D
Saddest part " All that glitters is not Gold" :) this proposal was done by a bench and the recommendation was forwarded to the council yet to hear on this. Looks a win win for both cic and us. 8)

so_wa12

Jul 1, 2012
hi, do you know what he means?
thank you

=========

Dear Friend,
I am writing to you today to share in a growing concern within failure of the citizenship and immigration department.
Over the last several years, our offices have seen a gradual decline in the level of service being offered by Citizenship & Immigration Canada, under the guidance of the Conservative government.
Wait-times for processing of applications have been getting longer and longer, and it has become more difficult to access information regarding the status of applications. When we do receive responses from immigration officials, they are often vague and generalized messages that offer little comfort to those seeking to reunite with family members.

As of November 2011, the CIC has suspended intake of parental sponsorship applications, as they claim to be dealing with the backlog of applications that have yet to be reviewed. However, in the last 8 months, there has been no movement in the review of these cases, leaving many applicants in limbo.

Earlier this year, the Conservative government also saw fit to “re-structure” the Federal Skilled Worker program. Applications that have sat in foreign offices unopened, even some submitted 4 to 5 years ago, were deleted and simply are sent back to the applicants, with a message that states that they are welcome to apply again. Given the lack of assistance these individuals received with their first application, it seems doubtful that any new cases would fare better.

Perhaps most disturbingly, the CIC recently informed our offices that the current estimated time for review of citizenship applicant’s residency questionnaires, which at last check was 12 to 18 months, has ballooned to 48 months. Along with my colleague Kevin Lamoureux, Liberal Critic for Citizenship and Immigration, I recently held a press conference to outline my concerns with this new development. You can view this meeting at the following link:
youtube.com/watch?v=19zJbdbCmEo

Also you can see the press release which was issued by the Liberals at: http liberal.ca/newsroom/news-release/conservatives-leave-canadians-citizenship-limbo/

Article which appeared in the newspaper at: htt leaderpost.com/news/Liberals+call+Kenney+wait+times+citizen+applications/7823359/story.html

The Conservative government has responded to this situation, stating that our office has highlighted only the most severe cases, and that this figure does not represent the norm. This, however, is misleading. We have been advised by Citizenship and Immigration Canada that the 48-month wait period is the new standard by which these applications will be viewed, meaning that hundreds, if not thousands of individuals who have already gone through the immigration process will be put into limbo for up to FOUR years before they are advised as to whether or not they even qualify for citizenship.

I share in the concerns of many of the people being forced to weather these new changes, and hope that we can make the necessary changes to an obviously flawed system, in order to ensure that we do not fail the world in our reputation as a land of freedom and opportunity.

Should you know of someone who is in this situation and would need assistance for us to follow up their case please have them contact me for assistance at: http jimkarygiannis.net/petition_and_action_requests/citizenship_follow_up

Regards,

Hon. Jim Karygiannis P.C., M.P.
Scarborough-Agincourt
Liberal Critic for Multiculturalism
Constituency Office
3850 Finch Ave East Suite 206
Scarborough Ontario
M1T 3T6
Tel: (416) 3

sac

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
tuyen said:
Is there a NOC for poets? If not, there should be.
+1 Tuyen!

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The email pretty much says "Conservative sucks, Liberals are better so let me "try" to help you out b.c I'm from the Liberal Party".

Notice he is trying to start a petition against CIC, good effort on his part! but too bad the other two petitions that he started have gone no where, "Petition for Congo and Petition against Bill C-4". If all he is trying to do is to start petitions and not any actual work, I don't know what he can do for anyone since the Liberals have no say when it comes to whatever CIC decides to do.

According to Globe and Mail:
"During his term of services in the 40th Parliament between November, 2008 and December, 2010, Jim Karygiannis voted 171 times out of a possible 311 possible votes. The Globe and Mail ranked him third in the list of politicians that missed votes."

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
sac said:
+1 Tuyen!
That means he would be sitting at 37 +'s!!!

You need to click on the + !!

Make that 38 once I click on it!! ;D

can88da

Jan 9, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad than London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
AOR Received.
21-02-2008
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Hi,

@tuyen : I posted that topic regarding the early 90's and this was conveyed to me by an immigration consultant based in Canada. He was himself part of that group. I am sorry if this caused any confusion.

@joe07 : I agree.

My profession is not listed in the NOC list presented by the Canadian government so what are my chances in the new FSW 2013 program?

kowalski L.E.

Jan 5, 2013
Hi, my name is Kevin,

i already signed a Job offer letter, but the PNP Provincial Nominee Program need my Work/Apprenticeship Certificates Translated from German into English.

Is there any chance that i can do this here in Vancouver for cheap money?

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can88da said:
@ tuyen : I posted that topic regarding the early 90's and this was conveyed to me by an immigration consultant based in Canada. He was himself part of that group. I am sorry if this caused any confusion.
Oh it didn't cause any confusion, because I knew right away that the facts were wrong. Your immigration consultant should either get another line of work, OR get more familiar with his facts. The case he was referring to didn't happen in the early 90s. It happened a decade later, in the early 00s.

can88da said:
My profession is not listed in the NOC list presented by the Canadian government so what are my chances in the new FSW 2013 program?
Did you check the entire NOC list to make sure that there isn't a new number/category that you would fall into?

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
Dear Members:

As youtube is not accessable in Pakistan please visit the link and share your comments.

http://www.bellissimolawgroup.com/arguments-in-class-proceedings-begins-january-14th-930-a-m-est

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
At first Mario bellisimo thanks all litigants who helped him to prepare the litigation. Then he thanked other lawyers who also supported this litigation. He said he provided statistical evidence beofre court to prove sec 15 was violated in backlog processing and he proposed questions for certification.He also said that judgement is expected to come on friday jan 25 by Rennie. The video lasts only 1.18 minutes.

Knight_Crusader

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
ok are the litigants completely relying on the argument that kenny discriminated against applicants from asia etc?

i am sure, lawyers for MCI would have data to prove otherwise and it probably is not reported here.
max no.of terminations come from here bcoz max no.of applications come from here and hence the increase in processing time.
I am sure this is simple enough for the judge to understand and the MCI to prove.

I just saw the latest video, link posted above. No useful information.

Also, when a case is sub-judice, is it legal for the counsels to speak to media about this, expressing their views etc..?

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuyen said:
Oh it didn't cause any confusion, because I knew right away that the facts were wrong. Your immigration consultant should either get another line of work, OR get more familiar with his facts. The case he was referring to didn't happen in the early 90s. It happened a decade later, in the early 00s.

Did you check the entire NOC list to make sure that there isn't a new number/category that you would fall into?
i have read the same about an old FSW court case. will try to find the URL, but its true that CIC lost and had to pay even compensation to the backloggers. ( assuming i read that right ). will search when i have time and copy it.