App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
This is the latest entry that could be found in IMM-8747-12 (YANJUN YIN).

Letter from RESPONDENT dated 22-NOV-2012 "The parties have no reached an agreement therefore an adjournment of the hearing schedule for Nov. 23, 2012 is not needed." (Please note: Letter was not received in the registry until 23-NOV-2012) received on 23-NOV-2012 with proof of service on the applicant

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
These are the latest entries that could be found in IMM-5365-12 (HENRY TOB).

2012-11-23
Letter from Martin Anderson (R's Counsel) dated 23-NOV-2012 advising that the Respondent would have no objection to Mr. Rotenberg's request to change the case designated as the lead case on this file. received on 23-NOV-2012 with proof of service on the applicant

2012-11-21
Letter from Cecil Rotenberg dated 21-NOV-2012 advising that the lead case has now changed to IMM-10307-12 Maria Sari Teresa Borja Austria, B048968861 Sent to Respondent's counsel. received on 21-NOV-2012

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
This is the latest update that could be found in Bellissimo Law Group's website.

Federal Skilled Worker Litigation -- Test Cases to be Heard in Toronto -- January 14-16th, 2013
The certification motion has been adjourned with the consent of all parties pending decisions in the lead cases scheduled to be heard by the Federal Court of Canada in Toronto over three days from January 14th to January 16th. Bellissimo Law Group and Campbell Cohen will be making arguments in their lead case of Tabingo alleging the new law breaches section 15 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms as its implementation discriminates on the basis of country of national origin. We will be tweeting further updates and provide a full review in our upcoming newsletter.

Please note the last sentence.
Did anyone try tweeting with them? Please keep the members of this thread posted if you do so. Thanks.

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
This is the latest update that could be found in http://www.canadaclassaction.com/.

Canada Class Action 2012: Pending Backlog Federal Skilled Worker Applicants to Canada
On March 30, 2012, the Government of Canada announced plans in its federal budget to eliminate the backlog of federal skilled worker applicants by returning the majority of applications filed prior to February 2008. This bill received Royal Assent on June 29, 2012 and is now law.

Forcing applicants to wait close to 10 years and then implementing retroactive legislation refusing the pending backlog of applicants is the greatest sham in the history of Canadian immigration policy. Close to 300,000 applicants who were all promised that their credentials would be evaluated under previous criteria will now be refused. It will occur even though the Federal Court blocked a similar attempt in 2003, when department officials were found to be misleading the standing committee on citizenship and immigration in its attempt to pass legislation that would retroactively wipe out a much smaller inventory of 100,000 applicants.

We are currently representing backlog federal skilled worker applicants to oppose this reprehensible legislation. Our clients are being Case Managed by Justice Barnes of the Federal Court of Canada.

Hearings are now scheduled for January 14, 15, 16, 2013.

The undersigned attorneys along with other counsel are now finalizing arguments before the Federal Court of Canada seeking to challenge the legality and overturn the provisions of the new law.

We invite all affected applicants to join our team to challenge this law. If you are a pending backlog applicant we invite you to contact us without delay by completing the link below.

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Shortage of skilled ‘politicians’ is the real issue

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/letters/article/1291726--shortage-of-skilled-politicians-is-the-real-issue

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
kiwi1 said:
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/national/Rejected+immigrants+golden+ticket+Canada+thanks+computer/7591563/story.html

Rejected immigrants get golden ticket to Canada thanks to computer glitch

OTTAWA — About 150 newcomers got lucky Wednesday after the government decided to grant them permanent residency even though their immigration applications were unceremoniously tossed thanks to the recent budget.

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney announced he was using his ministerial powers to allow them to stay because a computer glitch issued them visas by mistake.

The move comes after some of the people had already arrived in Canada, including a Moroccan family that showed up at the airport in Montreal on Friday only to learn their visas were invalid, according to a report by the French language newspaper La Presse.

“It was an administrative error on the part of my ministry,” Kenney said, noting Citizenship and Immigration is changing its IT system and in the process, some visas were issued automatically by mistake.

“We make over two million decisions a year, about 7,000 a day. We are making a major IT change so I think it's understandable that a small error of this nature would be made.”

Kenney said the newcomers in question all qualify to immigrate to Canada as they've passed their security screening and have been deemed admissible. While it's not clear how many had already arrived only to be told their visa was invalid, Kenney said anybody who did and left, is now welcome to return.

The error affected about 50 principal applicants from a dozen different countries who applied through the federal skilled worker program with their families prior to Feb. 27, 2008 and had not yet been assessed.

The group was among some 280,000 applicants and dependents who were told their paperwork was to be destroyed and their fees refunded as part of a government effort to slash a years-long program backlog.

Before this surprise turn of events, they would have had to reapply under new criteria if they still wanted to come to Canada even though many had been waiting years in the queue.

Kenney, however, dismissed the suggestion that granting permanent residency to a select few by virtue of an administrative error may be construed as unfair to the thousands who were not impacted by the glitch and remain out of luck in terms of their bid to come to Canada.

“There's a fairness argument both ways. I think it would be fundamentally unfair to the people who have received visas, who wrapped up their affairs in their home country, acted in good faith, some apparently have come to Canada, to tell them to leave so it's a question of the lesser of two evils in a sense,” he said.

“We have chosen to not punish people who have acted in good faith and who we told to come to Canada. I think that's the best solution.”

NDP immigration critic Jinny Sims said she's “pleased” the government has acknowledged that a mistake was made and that it's redressing it, but believes the incident highlights a bigger problem.

“The real mistake is the deletion of all those files in a very unfair manner and the fast pace the minister is changing immigration policies,” she said, adding the pace of change has left little time to ensure a smooth transition, let alone adequate Parliamentary oversight.

Leading Canadian immigration lawyer Richard Kurland agreed Kenney made the right move and doubts the government will face any legal headaches from those not impacted by the glitch as the minister has the authority to grant permanent residency in exceptional circumstances.

The government also has a right to terminate visas after they've been issued, he said, noting it happens all the time in cases where a Canadian sponsor or principal applicant dies, for example.

Meanwhile, Kurland said there have also been glitches the other way with respect to the government's decision to eliminate the backlog by tossing pre-2008 applications. He's currently handling about eight cases in which applicants were issued refusal letters when in fact they were eligible for visas.
Shame on you CIC. The reason you give is 'computer glitch'. Shame. Shame.
Were preventive measures not in place?
Are CIC's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) not monitored, controlled and audited by an independent quality control agency?
Ok, now after all these happenings, what are the preventive and corrective measures put in place by CIC? The minister does not talk about that. Instead he prefers to justify his action. Now the opposition parties should demand an enquiry by an expert committee so that everyone can know the truth and the guilty brought to book.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gaber1 said:
Tuyen, Is there any chance of laywers winning the littigation or Is it feesible for cic to agree all those files which have updated files in 2008.
Obviously I can't predict the future with 100% certainty. Nobody can.

But what I definitely CAN do is give my opinion, which is that this case is going absolutely nowhere. It has less chance of succeeding than a mouse winning a fight with a cat.

What everybody seems to be ignoring here is that all of these people who filed their applications and had them dismissed - they were never GUARANTEED anything. They never had any RIGHTS to anything. Yes, it's unfortunate that so many applications were thrown out, but the Canadian government has every right to decide its own immigration policies. If they want one million people to apply, they will allow one million to apply. But if economic times change suddenly and foreign workers are not needed in those large numbers, they also have the right to cancel any previous immigration programs that were in place.

The lawyers will never tell you this, because they want to take your money and get even richer, so of course they will tell you all kinds of things to make you optimistic and to feel good about the chances of winning. Don't forget - the lawyers will get the same amount of money whether they win OR lose. It makes no difference to them, so of course they're going forward with the case.

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
wounderful said:
Now I fully understand the following news

CIC Wins Technology Award for the Come to Canada Wizard

Ottawa, November 6, 2012
CIC deserves "technology awards"! :-X
Come on guys, please join me in giving CIC a round of applause, which they deserve the most. ;D

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Gaber1 said:
Earlier Cic was doing Tamaashaa. Now Judges and Consultants are doing this . In fact Poor Backlooers are hijacked by these agencies for their advantage. God wii ultimatly give Justice. Have Patience.
CIC started playing foul game the day Jason Kenney took control of it. The judges or consultants were never unfair. The pre-Feb 2008 applicants were and are hijacked by only the CIC and nobody else. We all are very clear about it. We don't need any lessons from anybody on this.
It is true, God will ultimately ensure that justice is delivered. We are confident about it. We have patience and are willing to wait. :D

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
hopefulever said:
Why Tims motion is getting dust over it, any one have any anwer? As for every one under standing tims motion should have been resolved by now but why not yet, It creates shocks and suspense in mind.what happened to decsion made by Justice Rennie on his move.It is clear by now that Justice Rennei delivered judgement in this case has not been gone well with cic and other judiciary.Hope the positivity pervails in the judiciary system and right ful judgement appears in next few days week, months-----
I share your concern hopefulever. :(
I too hope and wish the same happens in the near future. :)

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
hopeful4 said:
I am very optimistic and hopeful,,justice will prevail no doubt about that :)
I just love it. :D

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
umerrais79 said:
yes i think so that I am not safe thats why i need suggestions from experts and seniors on this matter
Yes, I too think your position is not safe. Have you joined any litigation group so far? If not, I would suggest you to join one at the earliest.

kau_shik_patel

Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SASKATCHEWAN - NDVO
NOC Code......
2281/2282
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
Nomination.....
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
20-07-2016
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
File Transfer...
19-08-2016
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
28-12-2016
Interview........
00-00-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-2017
LANDED..........
00-00-2017
To All, Please Just Something - warmest / tuyen

I want to know all those who have made Updation & till date (More
than 3 1/2 years have passed on), whether CIC New Delhi may have
checked the files in details.

as i have Updated Documents in late 2008 allocated marks to each
section. i also recieved Ontario Pilot Backlog Project Invitation &
forwarded all my documents to them but till date i have not got any
invitation from them.

So can you please throw some light with your background knowledge as
what is the outcome of all those who have updated in 2008 from New
Delhi.

In next hearing what will be the output whether it will be class
action or lead management case. what can you predict from all these
about the future of litigation.

In India there was huge protest against prime minister visit. but
don't know what will happen in future about us.

Waiting for your prompt response.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kau_shik_patel said:
To All, Please Just Something - warmest / tuyen

I want to know all those who have made Updation & till date (More
than 3 1/2 years have passed on), whether CIC New Delhi may have
checked the files in details.

as i have Updated Documents in late 2008 allocated marks to each
section. i also recieved Ontario Pilot Backlog Project Invitation &
forwarded all my documents to them but till date i have not got any
invitation from them.

So can you please throw some light with your background knowledge as
what is the outcome of all those who have updated in 2008 from New
Delhi.

In next hearing what will be the output whether it will be class
action or lead management case. what can you predict from all these
about the future of litigation.

In India there was huge protest against prime minister visit. but
don't know what will happen in future about us.

Waiting for your prompt response.
I've already given my opinion on this case. If you would like to read it, you can start from page 46 and look for any posts made by me.

Gaber1

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
What I persume is all Consultants except Tim are hand in glove with cic to destroy our case. Even Our indian agents are befooling the litigants tim join these chors. They are excepting the terms of cic what ever they said and unnecessarily delaying the results. All should be care ful and alert while choosing the consultant and indian agent.